2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which means there's 7 interviewers that need to rate you before you're complete lol
But why are they rating me 4 months after the interview? What could they possibly remember about what I said at that point?

Reactions: 1 user
But why are they rating me 4 months after the interview? What could they possibly remember about what I said at that point?
I think you're already rated and theyre probably comparing you to other applicants as they interview (not sure but i interviewed 10/6 and have had no communication and this is my best guess)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could today be the day? 👀👀👀

Reactions: 6 users
today HAS to be the day. I am manifesting it

Reactions: 1 users
today HAS to be the day. I am manifesting it

giphy.gif

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! In the letter it says "Acceptance of our conditional offer is to both the MD Program and the PURCH Track." Does this mean it is a spot in the regular track and PURCH, and I decide which?

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A! In the letter it says "Acceptance of our conditional offer is to both the MD Program and the PURCH Track." Does this mean it is a spot in the regular track and PURCH, and I decide which?
COngrats! I would think so, but I am not 100% sure. WHen did you interview?

COngrats! I would think so, but I am not 100% sure. WHen did you interview?
I interviewed 10/20 and 10/21 and received an AC email 11/1. I was really sure I would be WLed at this point bc I had heard nothing since, so don't give up hope!

I interviewed 10/20 and 10/21 and received an AC email 11/1. I was really sure I would be WLed at this point bc I had heard nothing since, so don't give up hope!
Wow congrats! did you just get an email or does your status change to on the web portal?

Just got the A to both PURCH/MD! I’m shaking this was my top school!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Every Friday that I get ghosted makes me so hopeless ugh :/ I need news whether it’s good or bad at this point I’m desperate

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Haven’t even received an AC email yet. Interviewed 1/13 :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
PURCH applicant here. are they still likely to send out most of their As in March (and they accept ~~~~25?)? seems like on here there are >5 As, and if you guess that there are maybe 5 non reporters, we're almost at half? any thoughts on this neurotic math?

Reactions: 1 user
PURCH applicant here. are they still likely to send out most of their As in March (and they accept ~~~~25?)? seems like on here there are >5 As, and if you guess that there are maybe 5 non reporters, we're almost at half? any thoughts on this neurotic math?
I would say SDN makes up 10-20% of reporters, meaning 80-90% are on SDN and don’t report or are not on SDN.

For example I think 2-4 people reported an A yesterday with UMiami. We know they send an A to 20 applicants at a time.

That being said, do they only give 25 PURCH acceptances or do they only matriculate 25? Big difference between the two.

IMG_1990.jpg

I support neurotic math. I think it’s safe to assume that UMass will accept 30-50 PURCH applicants - I’d guess initially ~20-25 get As and the rest are WL->A

Based on SDN threads from the past few years, mid-February to April is mostly WL/R decisions with WL->A in April-May.

We’re gonna get a WL wave between this month/March. So reasonable to assume that around 20 PURCHies have gotten As, and the rest of us will be WL->A. There wasn’t a surge of PURCH As ever in March, just WLs. Maybe this year will be different? Prove me wrong and accept us outright @umass

Last edited:
You have a spot in both the medical school and PURCH track. Your choice is already made so you’ll be in PURCH, but you can submit in writing and work with Umass if you’d like to opt out of PURCH. Check the PURCH website out, there a section on it I believe. But more importantly, congratulations!!! Can’t wait to meet all the wonderful people here.

Waitlist yesterday (OOS). Interviewed 12/16 and got the AC email mid January. Anyone have any idea of what umass's waitlist movement is like?

Accepted this morning via email! Interviewed early January 😭. No AC email ever given. Was just about to write a letter of interest

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Wow congrats! did you just get an email or does your status change to on the web portal?
my status changed on the portal as well! I had checked the portal that morning coincidentally and it was not updated, and then checked a few hrs after I got the email and it was. So at least for me it seemed to be pretty well synced to the email timing!

You have a spot in both the medical school and PURCH track. Your choice is already made so you’ll be in PURCH, but you can submit in writing and work with Umass if you’d like to opt out of PURCH. Check the PURCH website out, there a section on it I believe. But more importantly, congratulations!!! Can’t wait to meet all the wonderful people here.
Thank you for this reply, so helpful!

In case anyone was wondering, the official FB group is live! Can be found through the accepted students page > second look

In case anyone was wondering, the official FB group is live! Can be found through the accepted students page > second look
Also by searching for it on Facebook in case anyone doesn't want to dig through the links

Just in case it is helpful to PURCH-people since I see some speculation about reporters vs non-reporters above: I interviewed on 9/29 and 9/30 and I was accepted to PURCH on 11/7.

same here, what does that mean? is that good or bad?
well that is subjective af.

It is good in the sense you haven't been rejected. It is bad in the sense you haven't been accepted. You are in a limbo awaiting decision.

well that is subjective af.

It is good in the sense you haven't been rejected. It is bad in the sense you haven't been accepted. You are in a limbo awaiting decision.
sarcasm unappreciated but thanks. the email just didnt give much info so i didnt know if people had experience who interviewed earlier in the cycle

• Care
For all post-interview applicants, how often have you been checking in/sending updates? Have you been emailing or just submitting updates through peoplesoft?

For all post-interview applicants, how often have you been checking in/sending updates? Have you been emailing or just submitting updates through peoplesoft?
There is fine line between checking in/updating and.. annoying the f out of the adcoms. I wouldn't do it more than twice. Once makes the most sense but if spread apart enough then it can make sense to do it again.

There is fine line between checking in/updating and.. annoying the f out of the adcoms. I wouldn't do it more than twice. Once makes the most sense but if spread apart enough then it can make sense to do it again.
Gotta love unsolicited advice! For anyone else, just wondering what you've been doing re updates, thx.

• Care
Gotta love unsolicited advice! For anyone else, just wondering what you've been doing re updates, thx.
I've sent in a significant update and a LOI that didn't have a huge significant update although it reiterated my reasons for wanting to attend the school.

I don't have any more significant updates to send currently, so I plan not to unless I'm still without an acceptance in late May and haven't been rejected by UMass by then. Then I'll send a Hail Mary letter.

Frankly, don't think my odds are looking too hot, but fingers crossed.

Nontrad, OOS, quite a bit below average matriculation stats, interviewed in mid-December, AC in early Jan.

Have you been emailing or just submitting updates through peoplesoft?
LoRs through email (by asking your letter writer to do it)
Update letter and LOI through peoplesoft.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I sent in a thank you letter after my interview in November and an update letter in January—was accepted at the end of January (not sure if that was a coincidence or if it made a real difference tbh). Uploaded both to the portal. I didn't send in any new LoRs (didn't know we could do that lol) but that also could be a good idea. Best of luck!!

I sent in a thank you letter after my interview in November and an update letter in January—was accepted at the end of January (not sure if that was a coincidence or if it made a real difference tbh). Uploaded both to the portal. I didn't send in any new LoRs (didn't know we could do that lol) but that also could be a good idea. Best of luck!!
I've sent in a significant update and a LOI that didn't have a huge significant update although it reiterated my reasons for wanting to attend the school.

I don't have any more significant updates to send currently, so I plan not to unless I'm still without an acceptance in late May and haven't been rejected by UMass by then. Then I'll send a Hail Mary letter.

Frankly, don't think my odds are looking too hot, but fingers crossed.

Nontrad, OOS, quite a bit below average matriculation stats, interviewed in mid-December, AC in early Jan.

LoRs through email (by asking your letter writer to do it)
Update letter and LOI through peoplesoft.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!