2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take before hearing back after II for people?

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take before hearing back after II for people?
interviewed Nov 11, got the AC email like 2 weeks after that, and then silence since. Sent an update about a week and a half ago hopefully to get the ball moving in one direction or the other

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed Nov 11, got the AC email like 2 weeks after that, and then silence since. Sent an update about a week and a half ago hopefully to get the ball moving in one direction or the other
interviewed 10/6, sent LOI, nothing since, no AC

Interviewed in August and still nothing (including zero AC emails)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed early September PURCH/MD. LOI submitted in January. Silence ever since.

Lowkey mentally moving on but also hopeful for an A once they have PTE data on 2/19.

Reactions: 1 user
PTE is nonbinding and anonymous, just gives schools a rough sense of how many people have them as their top choice. It just starts 2/19.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feel like this might be a silent one because there were a bunch of acceptances last week
Could be. At the PURCH interview in Dec the admissions people told us starting in January they have committee meetings every week, but I don’t know if that means we’ll hear every week

Will they send an email regarding an acceptance if you don't answer/receive the call? I currently have an international number and I will until July ish. I updated that on the AMCAS page but idk how it works with them reaching out to international numbers.

Will they send an email regarding an acceptance if you don't answer/receive the call? I currently have an international number and I will until July ish. I updated that on the AMCAS page but idk how it works with them reaching out to international numbers.
I'm pretty sure UMass only sends acceptances by email

I wouldn't worry about this, they inform you of decisions through email.

Did anyone get the second look email and is planning to go? Also, is there an accepted students GroupMe?

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know when financial aid applications are going to open? I emailed back in January and they said they weren't live yet but I don't want to miss it.

anyone know when financial aid applications are going to open? I emailed back in January and they said they weren't live yet but I don't want to miss it.
I heard from current students that it opened for them around late February/Early March last year, I wouldn't stress about it right now. Take it with a grain of salt, they could always release it earlier or later this year.

I heard from current students that it opened for them around late February/Early March last year, I wouldn't stress about it right now. Take it with a grain of salt, they could always release it earlier or later this year.
Should be open now!

Did anyone who interviewed PURCH/MD hear back with a decision yet?

I've had zero correspondence since my interviews in August :rofl:
Is it worth following up with admission to ask if I'm still under consideration or just keep waiting it out? I sent an LOI already and an activities update

Is it worth following up with admission to ask if I'm still under consideration or just keep waiting it out? I sent an LOI already and an activities update
Someone mentioned earlier that PURCH applicants get decisions in March?? Not sure how true that is

Someone mentioned earlier that PURCH applicants get decisions in March?? Not sure how true that is
Agreed. It is just crazy that they haven't even sent an AC email. I have never heard of a school waiting this long to send any kind of correspondence

Agreed. It is just crazy that they haven't even sent an AC email. I have never heard of a school waiting this long to send any kind of correspondence
UVM has been taking their sweet time too 🥲

Don't know the original message but definitely not true that PURCH applicants have to wait until March, there are a few PURCH A's here.

Does anyone know if there's an accepted students groupme yet?
There is this one Telegram group chat for UMass accepted students made by mcatbros that I found. But it only has 11 members so far. I’m having a hard time sharing the link here on SDN. But if you go to the facebook page for the class of 2027 of UMass Chan School of Medicine and click on the title of the page, it’ll show you the information of that page including the members of the group and a short description about the page. If you click on “see more” under “about”, it’ll give you three links. One of them is the Telegram chat for the class of 2027!

There is this one Telegram group chat for UMass accepted students made by mcatbros that I found. But it only has 11 members so far. I’m having a hard time sharing the link here on SDN. But if you go to the facebook page for the class of 2027 of UMass Chan School of Medicine and click on the title of the page, it’ll show you the information of that page including the members of the group and a short description about the page. If you click on “see more” under “about”, it’ll give you three links. One of them is the Telegram chat for the class of 2027!
The official Facebook group links the unofficial Telegram chat? Or is the Facebook group also not official?

I personally would steer clear of anything related to that person due to their reputation

Reactions: 3 users
IMG_1976.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Me either. I don't think it means rejection but that's just me being hopeful. It's still only February
My guess is that one of your interviewers hasn't finished whatever post-interview review they're supposed to do, so your file isn't complete and you can't be presented to the committee

But that is honestly not based on any solid knowledge lol

Hoping they take LoIs from OOS students with 0 ties favorably.

This whole waiting stuff is painful.

My guess is that one of your interviewers hasn't finished whatever post-interview review they're supposed to do, so your file isn't complete and you can't be presented to the committee

But that is honestly not based on any solid knowledge lol
it's an MMI tho

Reactions: 2 users
Me to every school I applied to or interviewed at over 5 months ago:
IMG_6586.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users