2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any IIs for IS ORMs yet? It has been very quiet.
Haven't heard anything yet. Kinda odd for UMSOM.
IS ORM applicant, went to UMD under, With Ties, LM 75 WARS 85+.

Sounds like the instate pipeline isn't worth much anymore. Granted, the last two classes are very heavy ORM, so I wonder if that has any thing to do with their approach this year/emphasis on social justice. Or we could be wasting our time worrying about all this and just wait till November.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Sounds like the instate pipeline isn't worth much anymore. Granted, the last two classes are very heavy ORM, so I wonder if that has any thing to do with their approach this year/emphasis on social justice. Or we could be wasting our time worrying about all this and just wait till November.
Yeah honestly I've been really stressed because I was complete 8/12 and was hoping to have heard back by now... I'm also an IS applicant
When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I able to call myself a Maryland resident if I only have lived in Maryland for 10 months for my current research lab, but I paid and filed taxes for Maryland's state taxes?

They also go by how you designated yourself on AMCAS.
Maryland is a very nice state when it comes to switching to in-state status. I think that's long enough. Did you change your car registration/driver's license too? I don't think you can claim Maryland for in-state app purposes if you didn't mark down Maryland on amcas though. You'd probably qualify for in-state tuition tho if you did the other things.
I didn't change my driver's license nor car license plate.

Wait, so if UMaryland looks up my true AMCAS in-state residence, will that affect the in-state status of my real home state's public medical school that I'm hoping to try to secure an acceptance at?

I didn't change my driver's license nor car license plate.

Wait, so if UMaryland looks up my true AMCAS in-state residence, will that affect the in-state status of my real home state's public medical school that I'm hoping to try to secure an acceptance at?
Your home state you selected is listed on your primary and every school will see it. You cannot be in-state in more than one state.

Alright sorry for being neurotic a while ago, seems like UMSOM might just be a bit behind this year?

II today, IS ORM LM 75, Ties, Complete 7/18

Omg yay congrats! What time did you get the invite?
They sent mine at 7:43 AM... didn't check my email till noon, so this really came unexpected for me!

Reflecting back on myself, I dont like how much anxiety and stress is built into the process, especially with super long wait times from secondary completion to hearing back. This was my first cycle and I was going off historic trends, but I underestimated how much waiting there is: patience truly is a virtue. Hope everyone is able stay healthy and stay productive in spite of the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright sorry for being neurotic a while ago, seems like UMSOM might just be a bit behind this year?

II today, IS ORM LM 75, Ties, Complete 7/18

Giving me hope! Same stats as you, strong ties to the state, and complete 7/15. Still waiting to hear back, but am hopeful!

Giving me hope! Same stats as you, strong ties to the state, and complete 7/15. Still waiting to hear back, but am hopeful!
I’m in a similar boat, IS ORM LM 76, Complete 7/9, haven’t heard anything. This waiting game is way too hard lol

IS LM 79 Got mine this morning. Good Luck everyone!

People who interviewed, any insights you can offer would be appreciated, thanks!

People who interviewed, any insights you can offer would be appreciated, thanks!
My experience was quite positive overall. In particular, be able to explain why you'd like to be in Baltimore for your medical training if you are not from there, etc.

Maryland prides itself on having a highly inclusive admissions staff that requires a great deal of implicit bias training to be on the team. This was very present during the interviews themselves. I felt like I could be myself, and I encourage you to do the same!

The wait is a killer! I'm instate and have worked at UMSOM for over a year in a research lab, multiple papers published, and LORS from their faculty, and still silence. But to ease some minds, all the people I know who go to UMSOM that are MS2/MS3 were interviewed in January and on. Seems like their cycles are always a bit later.

II received today complete 7/29
ORM In State LM 73

II OOS, complete 7/16

Last edited:
3 back-to-back people posting their IIs AND including complete dates?

Y'all deserve the A.

Reactions: 5 users
II received this morning, complete 9/6
ORM in-state
LM 71

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the A!!
Interviewed on 9/19. OOS.

Reactions: 7 users
I got my A! Interviewed 9/14, applied early decision, so I am definitely going to UMSOM next year. I am so excited, if anyone else knows if they are going to UMSOM, id love to get to know my new classmates :giggle: good luck everyone

Last edited:
I got my A on 9/28! Interviewed 9/14, applied early decision, so I am definitely going to UMSOM next year. I am so excited, if anyone else knows if they are going to UMSOM, id love to get to know my new classmates :giggle: good luck everyone
Congrats!! What are your stats?

***WARNING. A potentially terrible question will follow. If either of these two things happened to you, then just know that I’m rooting for you and have faith that you will ultimately become the physician you want to be!***

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected here yet? It has been really quiet in terms of decisions.

Interview invite received just now! Secondary submitted July 19th

OOS II. Pretty much all of December is booked. Complete 7/19.

Last edited:
***WARNING. A potentially terrible question will follow. If either of these two things happened to you, then just know that I’m rooting for you and have faith that you will ultimately become the physician you want to be!***

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected here yet? It has been really quiet in terms of decisions.

I got waitlisted on the week of 10/17! I'm OOS ORM so it wasn't too much of a shock, interviewed 9/26

I received a call for the A this week! Interviewed late Sep, not ED.