2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah I’m sure they meet the requirements, I’ll bet they just checked mine over before yours by chance. I’m sure they’ll be completed in the next few days.

Lmk when you get them completed though- I’ll bet you’ll get scheduled for an interview before me since you’re ED
Last year I believe they scheduled interviews the first week in august and the first day of interviews was August 25th. It was a mix of ED and RD applicants from the first wave of IIs. So hopefully it will follow a similar timeline to this for this cycle!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the app received email this morning. OOS. Submitted 7/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the ability to schedule their interviews yet?

Still haven't received acknowledgment of downloaded app. Submitted 7/9 but didn't send CASPer scores yet since they said they don't need it until interview. Should I contact the school?

Did anyone get the ability to schedule their interviews yet?
I believe they will reach out 4 weeks before your interview letting you know the date. I don't think we really have a say in when we interview...

is it not a good sign if I submitted 7/7, and still no download?

is it not a good sign if I submitted 7/7, and still no download?
To clarify, do y’all mean submitted as when that’s when your primary was verified? Just wanted to make sure I didn’t forget to fill something out.

To clarify, do y’all mean submitted as when that’s when your primary was verified? Just wanted to make sure I didn’t forget to fill something out.
I'm assuming people are referring to the date their primary was verified (or the date they added Indiana to their school list on AMCAS if already verified). Indiana is unique in that you'll only receive an email from them once your application is "downloaded" and under review. At that point, you'll either get an II or R. In addition to not having a secondary, there's nothing specific to fill out prior to receiving an II, so don't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contacted adcom, told me that they're still working on apps and don't worry if we don't hear back for acknowledgment for awhile.

Reactions: 1 users
II on 8/1/2022, OOS, 516. But submitted my CAS application before receiving the invite? hopefully they can still tell what i was trying to do lol

When we're submitting that letter from our dean of students, should we have the dean submit it to IU directly, or do we get it back from them and submit it on the portal?

When we're submitting that letter from our dean of students, should we have the dean submit it to IU directly, or do we get it back from them and submit it on the portal?
Have the Dean submit it to IU directly. They won't accept Dean Letters directly from applicants

OOS reviewed on 7/13 and II received on 7/20. The interview portal says that they received my LOR on 7/7 but the LOR status has not changed to a check mark. Has anyone else had this problem and not been able to schedule their interview?

Did anyone get the ability to schedule their interviews yet

OOS reviewed on 7/13 and II received on 7/20. The interview portal says that they received my LOR on 7/7 but the LOR status has not changed to a check mark. Has anyone else had this problem and not been able to schedule their interview?
They seem to be taking a while to mark LOR's as received in their portal. I am having a similar issue.
In past years, they have sent out interview dates to students during the first week of august so I assume we should be hearing from them soon. We do not schedule them ourselves and do not technically have a say in the interview date.

Has anyone been able to schedule an interview yet? My status has been fully completed for a week now

I received an interview invite last Tuesday. It looks like my application is complete except for "prerequisites met". I have all the completed prereqs for them, is there any other reason why this would still be held up? I'm hoping it doesn't affect scheduling

I received an interview invite last Tuesday. It looks like my application is complete except for "prerequisites met". I have all the completed prereqs for them, is there any other reason why this would still be held up? I'm hoping it doesn't affect scheduling
The admissions committee has to manually review LORs, pre-reqs, and other items that we were required to submit. It'll take some time for them to review your pre-reqs, although if it's still like that later in the cycle I might reach out to them via email.

The admissions committee has to manually review LORs, pre-reqs, and other items that we were required to submit. It'll take some time for them to review your pre-reqs, although if it's still like that later in the cycle I might reach out to them via email.
Thank you!!

Has anyone been able to schedule an interview yet? My status has been fully completed for a week now
I’m a reapp and interviewed last Nov and was placed on waitlist. Once they send the initial interview email with the like 5 things to do, it’ll be anywhere from a couple weeks to 2 months (based on my experience and friends) before they send you your interview date and time. They just give you a time and you don’t pick it yourself, at least that’s what it was last year.

I’m a reapp and interviewed last Nov and was placed on waitlist. Once they send the initial interview email with the like 5 things to do, it’ll be anywhere from a couple weeks to 2 months (based on my experience and friends) before they send you your interview date and time. They just give you a time and you don’t pick it yourself, at least that’s what it was last year.
Thank you!! Do you remember how much notice you were given? Like how far in advance did they give you your time/date?

I submitted on 7/20 but no response yet about my app being received. Is that normal? LM 72 OOS

Thank you!! Do you remember how much notice you were given? Like how far in advance did they give you your time/date?
I got the initial email on 9/1. On 9/16 they sent me an email giving me my day and time and I Interviewed 11/10 so like two months out. My bf had two months in between his initial email and scheduling email and still 2 months out from his interview. He interviewed in January and was then excepted in February. I got the waitlist notification in May because they do all of their waitlist notifications then and not as people interview, so if you interview and don’t hear anything the next month you could get accepted later or waitlisted in May.

Got interview scheduled for 08/31 as well. II received 7/18.

P.S. My LORs are still marked as incomplete on the portal

Got interview scheduled for 08/31 as well. II received 7/18.

P.S. My LORs are still marked as incomplete on the portal
Congrats! I got my invite on 7/20 and my LOR is still marked incomplete so hopefully I get my interview soon

I am having issues logging back into the applicant portal, anyone else?
I just tried to log in using Chrome. It said that the site's certificate expired or something like that, but at the bottom of the page there should be an option like "proceed anyway (unsafe)" and clicking that brought me to the login page which still worked for me.

I'm an OOS applicant. My primary got submitted 6/14, verified 7/15, how soon could I hear back about any notification on Indiana? From the amount of IIs people are getting in the RD pool, I'm guessing there's few spots left for July verified applicants, especially for OOS applicants?

Last edited:
Anyone know how IU weighs CA$PER? Anyone with a first quartile score get an II?

Anyone know how IU weighs CA$PER? Anyone with a first quartile score get an II?
I got a first quartile score and got an II. I think most schools only look back at it to see if it is predictor of how a physician performs once they are in residency and start practicing. It's more for data gathering.

Interview scheduled today- 8/31.

I'm OOS with strong ties and I was downloaded on 7/20, but have heard nothing. It would seem that they have moved on from that date. Should I just consider it a soft R?

I'm OOS with strong ties and I was downloaded on 7/20, but have heard nothing. It would seem that they have moved on from that date. Should I just consider it a soft R?
I've never received any communication from them at all, so you're probably still doing ok just by the fact that you've heard from them at all lol

Reactions: 2 users