2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when you guys post that you're app is being reviewed, do you just get an email telling you that. And then also is the consensus that there is no secondary at all and that you just go straight to an II or R?

Members don't see this ad.

So when you guys post that you're app is being reviewed, do you just get an email telling you that. And then also is the consensus that there is no secondary at all and that you just go straight to an II or R?
For me, the email says something like "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed."

But then yes, I think it goes straight to an II or R.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For me, the email says something like "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed."

How long after you received that email did it take to get your II?

When were you verified? Do they send this app review to all applicants?

How long after you received that email did it take to get your II?
9 days - got the initial email on 7/11 and then received the II email today, 7/20.

AMCAS was verified 6/1.

Pretty sure this is email is eventually sent to everyone, but IU has a way of prioritizing applicants based on certain stats. I linked last year's thread a few posts back where someone explained it well.

Basically, it seems that they rank all their apps and then send out the "primary app received" emails to the ones first on the list (IS ED applicants, Urban Medicine applicants, IS RD, etc) and then make their way down.

Some people didn't receive the "primary app received" email until August, after the first round of interviews were completed. So it might just take a while.

From what I understand, you will only receive this email if they download your application. They download applications based on OOS vs IS status, MCAT score, and GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I understand, you will only receive this email if they download your application. They download applications based on OOS vs IS status, MCAT score, and GPA.
Exactly.

For those who have received a II, what are you doing about the Dean's Evaluation? Do we email to someone at our undergrad and ask them to fill it out? Or does it have to be mailed/brought to them in person?

For those who have received a II, what are you doing about the Dean's Evaluation? Do we email to someone at our undergrad and ask them to fill it out? Or does it have to be mailed/brought to them in person?
I sent the form in an email to my school and they seemed to know what to do with it. At my school the office of student affairs was the point of contact.

Does anyone know if there is a special way to submit letters of rec for IU/specify which letter meets which criteria? Or do they just automatically take the ones from AMCAS app?

Does anyone know if there is a special way to submit letters of rec for IU/specify which letter meets which criteria? Or do they just automatically take the ones from AMCAS app?
I'm pretty sure they take the ones from AMCAS that you've designated for IU and then categorize then appropriately. No further action is needed as long as all your letters are in.

For people who have received an II, have you been able to schedule the interview already? Or will that happen after submitting the forms?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have received an II, have you been able to schedule the interview already? Or will that happen after submitting the forms?
From the experience of my friends in previous years, it takes a while to schedule an interview date with them. Some things take annoyingly too long to mark as received on their portal (like LORs can take a literal month to get verified). So yes, once everything is marked as completed, you can schedule an interview. Might be another couple of weeks or more until the first interviewees will be able to schedule.

Does anyone have their LORs marked “completed” yet? That’s the only thing I’m waiting on

Got the app received email today, quickly followed by an email asking me to send a letter of interest if I am considering the Terre Haute rural medicine program. (I think this maybe goes out to anyone from a rural location? I haven't gotten an II or R letter yet, just the Terre Haute one.)

Does anyone know if sending the letter of interest will impact potential placement at other locations?

For anyone that has received a II– what did you do if you have greater than the max 3 rec letters. Do we need to indicate which three we want to be used and if so does anyone know how?

If we haven't received a secondary yet, is it a soft R?

For anyone that has received a II– what did you do if you have greater than the max 3 rec letters. Do we need to indicate which three we want to be used and if so does anyone know how?
you don't need to do anything. They will sort through them and determine the ones that meet their requirement.

is having uncles/cousins in Indiana(visiting them a bunch) and a SO attending business school at Butler considered as ties to Indiana?

I am in the same boat. Not yet but I will post when I notice they are completed.
Mine were marked complete this morning. Not sure what happens after this but I assume they'll start scheduling interview dates

Mine were marked complete this morning. Not sure what happens after this but I assume they'll start scheduling interview dates
When did you get your interview invite? I got mine on 7/20, and I paid the graduate fee the next day. The portal now says that my graduate fee was received yesterday, but my LOR and prereqs still say incomplete even though it's been a week...I have applied to IUSM before so I know I have the pre-reqs, and my LOR say received when I click on the document status page, just not the regular status page?

Mine still haven't been completed:cryi:
Last cycle they started scheduling during the first week of August so I assume we should hear from them any day now.

When did you get your interview invite? I got mine on 7/20, and I paid the graduate fee the next day. The portal now says that my graduate fee was received yesterday
Yeah I got it the same day as you- that first II wave on 7/20. I paid the grad portal fee that same day, and I was notified that it had been received the day after (7/21).

My LOR and prereqs still say incomplete even though it's been a week...I have applied to IUSM before so I know I have the pre-reqs
My prereqs were marked as completed before my LORs were. Pretty sure they were marked as complete last Friday

My LOR say received when I click on the document status page, just not the regular status page?
Yeah, the "Received" dates were the dates that AMCAS received the letters. IU has to verify that they meet their requirements, so it takes a bit until they're marked as completed.

Feel free to reach out with any other qs- I'll let you know when I'm able to schedule the interview.

Last cycle they started scheduling during the first week of August so I assume we should hear from them any day now.
Weird. And I know you got the II before me, too. When did you pay the grad portal fee?

Verified mid June but applied to IU on 7/11, still not downloaded, anybody else in a similar spot? 52X OOS

Weird. And I know you got the II before me, too. When did you pay the grad portal fee?
I paid the grad portal fee 7/19 and it was marked completed that day.
Maybe my letters don't meet requirements? I would think they would send an email telling me that though?

I paid the grad portal fee 7/19 and it was marked completed that day.
Maybe my letters don't meet requirements? I would think they would send an email telling me that though?
Nah I’m sure they meet the requirements, I’ll bet they just checked mine over before yours by chance. I’m sure they’ll be completed in the next few days.

Lmk when you get them completed though- I’ll bet you’ll get scheduled for an interview before me since you’re ED

Yeah same. Everything is marked completed but the letters, and my official II letter came 07/18, and I paid the fee same day.

I remember my friend from last cycle was waiting for a whole month to get her letters verified, so it might take a while.

Do you submit LOR before they notify you that they've received your primary? Or are LOR part of their supplemental?

Got the app received email today, quickly followed by an email asking me to send a letter of interest if I am considering the Terre Haute rural medicine program. (I think this maybe goes out to anyone from a rural location? I haven't gotten an II or R letter yet, just the Terre Haute one.)

Does anyone know if sending the letter of interest will impact potential placement at other locations?
Going to answer my own question here in case anyone else runs across it. I sent the letter of interest and received an email the next day inviting me to fill out the secondary.

Says interviews will be scheduled with both rural and traditional committees.

Does anyone know how strict IU is with their "shadowing 3 physicians" requirement. I have 2 lol

Does anyone know how strict IU is with their "shadowing 3 physicians" requirement. I have 2 lol
I believe it is not a hard requirement this year due to COVID, but I would still try to get another if possible.

Received II this morning (7/29). IS, app downloaded 7/13.