2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
0 lol
for those that did not have any employment in undergraduate years, how would they go about answering the question when asking about how many hours? thanksl

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my first II on 10/5! Secondary submitted 9/27

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interviewers read your application before the interview?

Does anyone know if the interviewers read your application before the interview?
For me, they 100% did. The questions were very targeted to what I wrote in my application. There was no time wasted and we jumped right into things and got to the point on every question and matter. They were totally prepared! Good luck...you'll crush it!

Reactions: 1 user
They are supposed to. One of my interviewers had read it so thoroughly that they were making extremely unique allegories about my journey, lol.

However, with my second interviewer, it was abundantly clear that they did not read it. This is not the norm, I understand but I am leaving this comment here to let you and future interviewees know to be prepared for the worst, even at Harvard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was anyone able to attach a photo of themselves on their secondary app? My secondary app is showing "no photo" on my profile, but I don't know how to add one

is it okay if the answers to the questions are under 4000 characters like around 2000 characters? does that look bad?
I am part of the concise, even pithy, camp when it comes to some of the more straight forward topics. In general, for all my essays, to put it in poetic terms, i was looking for the modest midpoint between a haiku and an epic poem. Using half the character/word limit fits the description for most of my essays.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I can second that both of mine absolutely did. I don't know if they didn't read it in depth enough or if I was too vague in my essays, but I did have to clarify a few things about my experiences - may have been a way to see if I'd stay honest about them but I guess we'll find out in March 😅

has anyone gotten a pre-II R?? Haven't heard of anyone getting them so I'm curious if they have sent any rejections out yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Complete 7/19. This is my first one after several pre-II R's. Cried at work

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Any low LM 70s hear anything. I know it’s a reach 😂

Reactions: 2 users
They probably put applicants in buckets based on stats, so for those of us with reach stats they might not review our applications until later in the cycle
Ya they probably put my 68ish LM application into a dollar store bucket and threw the whole thing into a dumpster

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Ya they probably put my 68ish LM application into a dollar store bucket and threw the whole thing into a dumpster
As a fellow applicant with an LM in the 60s, I feel this so much haha

• Care
Reactions: 4 users

I feel this! Also LM 68ish, so my stats aren’t my strength. Hoping WARS proves to be more accurate

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
II this morning, complete mid-August

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Is this sarcasm
Harvard decides who to interview based upon how many times they refresh their Gmail or SDN. Apparently if you reach a certain benchmark (2000 refreshes in 5 days) an II will magically appear.

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Harvard decides who to interview based upon how many times they refresh their Gmail or SDN. Apparently if you reach a certain benchmark (2000 refreshes in 5 days) an II will magically appear.
Say less time to start neurotically refreshing 😂

pathways II just now- 73 LM, complete 7/9

Pathways II just now as well- complete 7/14, 76 LM.

Does anyone who has interviewed know what the interview day schedule looks like?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Pathways II just now as well- complete 7/14, 76 LM.

Does anyone who has interviewed know what the interview day schedule looks like?
Starts with an orientation at 10am I think, and then you have 2 45 min one on one interviews scheduled sometime after 11am

just got HST II. Does anyone know how HST would be different from pathways interview? Based on the instructions they send to us, doesn't look like that much of a difference?

just got HST II. Does anyone know how HST would be different from pathways interview? Based on the instructions they send to us, doesn't look like that much of a difference?
Did both already- they were very similar in format. Given their mission, I would be more prepared to talk about research for the HST.

Late to update but II about two weeks ago for pathways. Very small group and seems like they're very serious about making all decisions equally and at the same time so don't stress! They are certainly still rolling out:)

I know there has been talk about this before, but I just wanted to ask again! Do we know if interviews are open or closed or if there is anything specific emphasized?

Pathways II just now complete early july

Reactions: 6 users
II just now, complete 8/16. Unexpected surprise.

Reactions: 4 users
Any thoughts on sending thank you notes to interviewers? Didn't get any of their contact info, so I guess I should send them over to admissions for them to be forwarded to interviewers...I did verbally thank them though at the beginning and end of my time with them...