2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I just got an email from the Harvard Recruitment Office encouraging me to apply. I am semi-high stats (not as high as Harvard usually accepts) 3.9 GPA and 517 MCAT. I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community and a Mexican woman so I guess that is why they reached out. I guess I am just wondering, is it worth it to apply this late with these stats? I am TMDSAS so I don't even have an AAMC application.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!! Harvard is truly non-rolling so I for one don't believe it is too late.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OP would have to write an entirely new app because I think the character counts for TMDSAS are completely different. Plus get reverified through AMCAS however long that’s taking now. If OP goes through the trouble, then I agree w MCATThiccy it’s probably not worth it unless they apply to a few more schools than just Harvard.

Those are very valid considerations. I’m not familiar with TMDSAS so thanks for bringing that up! Assessing application compatibility with AMCAS is definitely needed. Up to @cluelesscarl, but I don’t think they’re drastically different that a few edits can’t address.

@cluelesscarl, would it be either HMS or Texas schools for you? Are there any other schools you’d consider? Is cost prohibitory? I think later in the cycle, since the application load is less, verification times are much less than a full month like they were in July. Ultimately up to you to assess the pros and cons, but wishing you the best of luck!!

Last edited:
Almost had a heart attack when I received an email from HMS. Lol, it was just an email encouraging me to apply. Here I am now wondering if they received my secondary cuz I already applied a long time ago.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just got an email from the Harvard Recruitment Office encouraging me to apply. I am semi-high stats (not as high as Harvard usually accepts) 3.9 GPA and 517 MCAT. I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community and a Mexican woman so I guess that is why they reached out. I guess I am just wondering, is it worth it to apply this late with these stats? I am TMDSAS so I don't even have an AAMC application.
I also got this email but I'm not URM or LGBTQ+. They explained in detail how they selected the people they sent this email to, which makes it sound like although it is automated, they are truly encouraging those to apply rather than a money grab. Maybe my name got mixed up in there or they're considering Vietnamese as URM this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are very valid considerations. I’m not familiar with TMDSAS so thanks for bringing that up! Assessing application compatibility with AMCAS is definitely needed. Up to [mention]cluelesscarl [/mention] , but I don’t think they’re drastically different that a few edits can’t address.

[mention]cluelesscarl [/mention], would it be either HMS or Texas schools for you? Are there any other schools you’d consider? Is cost prohibitory? I think later in the cycle, since the application load is less, verification times are much less than a full month like they were in July. Ultimately up to you to assess the pros and cons, but wishing you the best of luck!!
Thanks - same situation as OP. I appreciate your well-researched and informed response. :cool:

Just got baited by the recruitment email haha. Thought it might have been the elusive II

I would definitely say it's definitely worth applying – I almost psyched myself out of applying, but here I am. You're fine with regard to stats and timeline. I think it comes down to whether or not you have the bandwidth/resources to go through AMCAS right now.

Idk if this info is useful or if this is the norm but wanted to reveal that my interview group only has 6 people... definitely smaller than other schools

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you find out your group size? From the orientation session or elsewhere?
Yep!! Was very taken aback when they said oh yeah this is everyone. 1:1 ratio med students to interviewees for the session.

Last edited:
Not yet! I’m just saying that Sunshower’s experience is like 2 students smaller than my smallest interview (Quinnipiac). I just got Vermont today and I am SUPER stoked for it!
What the heck are they waiting for then? Congrats btw!

Okay they said that the first week is small interview groups because they are easing back into things!! So I foresee much larger II sweeps in the future coming everyone’s way! 😊

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Not yet! I’m just saying that Sunshower’s experience is like 2 students smaller than my smallest interview (Quinnipiac). I just got Vermont today and I am SUPER stoked for it!
i would like to start a formal petition for hms to give thiccy an interview

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys ever just like... wish we knew who people were off of SDN because I want to be BFFs w all of you.
I'm making a Change petition rn. But seriously, I don't know why y'all like me so much. I'm just a regular guy applying (I'm flattered though!).

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
I'm making a Change petition rn. But seriously, I don't know why y'all like me so much. I'm just a regular guy applying (I'm flattered though!).
Because you’re likeable and have an infectious positive energy.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
It would be alot of work, and it is somewhat late to apply imo. I got a similair interview from Yale and I have much lower stats than there medians so I believe these emails are so the school can run up the $ they get from applicants.

It would be alot of work, and it is somewhat late to apply imo. I got a similair interview from Yale and I have much lower stats than there medians so I believe these emails are so the school can run up the $ they get from applicants.
Hmmmm, given their extensive endowments and resources, I don't think H and Y are hard up for application fees (often times waiving the fee based on finances...just guessing here). I think they really do walk the walk when it comes to trying to do a holistic review and wanting to give everyone a shot at getting a a seat in their class. The reach out seems to be their efforts to finding a diamond out there.

II OOS!
Question about scheduling, they only offer me 1 date to schedule for next week - is this normal?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
2 weeks out is normal from what I saw but there were more dates; only 1 date next week is weird. Did you get the II just now?
Yeah, got it this morning. Reached out to the schedulers to confirm it was correct. I guess someone dropped out and I scooped up their spot?

• Love
Yeah, got it this morning. Reached out to the schedulers to confirm it was correct. I guess someone dropped out and I scooped up their spot?
I guess they're sticking to their 6 people interview slots lol

OOS II just in! Complete mid July, LM 73, WARS 93ish. I really can't believe this one, just feeling very grateful right now. Except there are no available interview days in the calendar 😫

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
II this morning!! OOS, LM and WARS ~80, and complete mid July 🥰

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Y'all! I saw that a couple of people got flagged by HMS for high MCAT scores/being URM and were wondering if they should apply. I too got this email a couple of weeks ago and said what's one more app going to do to me??

Long story short, I got the II this morning. SO TAKE THAT SHOT!!

Reactions: 14 users
Hey Y'all! I saw that a couple of people got flagged by HMS for high MCAT scores/being URM and were wondering if they should apply. I too got this email a couple of weeks ago and said what's one more app going to do to me??

Long story short, I got the II this morning. SO TAKE THAT SHOT!!
This post got me cheesin :giggle: so happy for you!!

love to see my URM ppl winning, lets get it 🙌🏿

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
II today!! I may or may not have shed a tear...this is just crazy guys. Submitted first week of July and feel really lucky. Good luck guys, they are coming!!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
What time did you get it today?
The semester is in full swing and although the email came in Monday morning, it got lost in some 50+ notes related to an EC that began in full swing yesterday requiring quick attention. When the day settled down, I had the chance to organize my emails and there it was...shock of all shocks.

Thanks everyone! Hoping more II's for all...sooner rather than later! The trend seems to be holding true, the available dates were 2 weeks out.

Reactions: 4 users
So so shocked but I got an II today to Pathways, completed 7/12
The only available interview date was two weeks out

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
for those that did not have any employment in undergraduate years, how would they go about answering the question when asking about how many hours? thanks!