2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard back/received a call?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On the Emory SOM website, they say they only send acceptances via U.S. mail:

The Admissions Committee meets monthly from October to February. If you are accepted, you will be notified via regular U.S. mail. Applicants will NOT be notified by email or telephone.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On the Emory SOM website, they say they only send acceptances via U.S. mail:

The Admissions Committee meets monthly from October to February. If you are accepted, you will be notified via regular U.S. mail. Applicants will NOT be notified by email or telephone.

I received a call yesterday from a member of the adcom, maybe as a result of a specific connection I have to Emory and a previous conversation I've had this with this adcom. I posted yesterday because I knew I'd been watching sdn for updates on the schools I'd interviewed with, and knew others would likely want to know the info. I didn't know they don't typically call. I'm sorry if my post added to anyone's anxiety yesterday! I know it was an emotional day for a lot of us, in good and bad ways.

For whoever previously asked, my general stats: 515, 3.7, IS, ORM, extensive clinical and leadership experience

Reactions: 3 users
I received a call yesterday from a member of the adcom, maybe as a result of a specific connection I have to Emory and a previous conversation I've had this with this adcom. I posted yesterday because I knew I'd been watching sdn for updates on the schools I'd interviewed with, and knew others would likely want to know the info. I didn't know they don't typically call. I'm sorry if my post added to anyone's anxiety yesterday! I know it was an emotional day for a lot of us, in good and bad ways.

For whoever previously asked, my general stats: 515, 3.7, IS, ORM, extensive clinical and leadership experience
Did you apply MD/PhD? I think they typically call for MD/PhD applicants.

Just received an A to Emory via email!!!!! Was not an official acceptance letter, but a message with a congratulations on the A and how to register for second look!! They said they'll be sending official acceptances in the mail soon

Reactions: 7 users
Just received an A to Emory via email!!!!! Was not an official acceptance letter, but a message with a congratulations on the A and how to register for second look!! They said they'll be sending official acceptances in the mail soon
Checking my portal after this was naught but an exercise in pure masochism.

Reactions: 1 users
Did your portal update as well? I wonder if this is like what happened last year where people who got mailed A letters had their portal update later that week

Portal updated for me today with an acceptance!!!! USPS informed delivery shows that my letter is coming soon. Interviewed second week of October. So excited for this one!!!

• Love
Congrats!!! What time do you think it updated today?
Portal updated for me today with an acceptance!!!! USPS informed delivery shows that my letter is coming soon. Interviewed second week of October. So excited for this one!!!

Congrats!!! What time do you think it updated today?
Thank you! If I had to guess I would say within the last hour or so. I checked earlier today at around 8:00AM EST and had nothing at that time.

Portal updated with the A- interviewed first week of October. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back/interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
current student here to say you're gonna do great. Interviewed on the last day in Feb I think and was accepted off the waitlist in May.
this seriously helps so much 😭 this process is brutal when not knowing when to expect things to happen

Got the A via portal and can see the packet via informed delivery on USPS!!! This is my second application cycle and I’m so excited!

• Love
Anyone with A not do the host overnight thing? Was just checking my portal and saw that haha, I didn't realize it was something offered specifically pre-interview. Now I'm afraid it might signal lack of interest...

I didn’t. I don’t think they track them either way.

Did you interview on that Monday or Friday? just to know if i should be worried lol

Any more IIs recently? Only two people have posted about getting one in the past 6 weeks so either they’re moving really slow or no one is posting here :(

II 9/30, interviewed 10/14.

3.5, 509, worked at Emory for 3 years and undergraduate

EDIT: also should mention, ORM

Last edited:
Yeah. Guessing the planning a purge
I think Emory doesn't send out Rs until the end of the cycle but I randomly came across a post at the end of last year's thread that said they've apparently always updated portals with decisions on Wednesdays :unsure:

II 9/30, interviewed 10/14.

3.5, 509, worked at Emory for 3 years and undergraduate

EDIT: also should mention, ORM
When were you complete? Did you work for Emory university or one of the hospitals? I work at EJCH but haven’t heard anything yet, complete 8/18 and LM 76 :/

Ages ago! 7/5

Edit: They also scheduled my interview for next week. I sent some pretty significant updates like a week and a half ago, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.
Thank you. Best of luck for your interview

When were you complete? Did you work for Emory university or one of the hospitals? I work at EJCH but haven’t heard anything yet, complete 8/18 and LM 76 :/
I was complete maybe just a couple of days before you. If I had to guess, around the 14th? I worked at EUH Main.

Hey everyone! Is the group interview considered an MMI? I'm a little confused haha

Last edited:
OOS II just now for MD/MA-Bioethics! Complete 7/10. Not sure if my app is different due to the Bioethics bit, but there was one date available in December and two in January.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS II just now for MD/MA-Bioethics! Complete 7/10. Not sure if my app is different due to the Bioethics bit, but there was one date available in December and two in January.
Congratulations, and it’s great to know there’s still hope for early applicants! I applied to the same program. Maybe I’ll be close behind you 😅

Congratulations, and it’s great to know there’s still hope for early applicants! I applied to the same program. Maybe I’ll be close behind you 😅
Thank you so much! I genuinely hope you are!!

OOS II today at around 1:30 PM. Complete 7/8 for regular MD. I am absolutely screaming internally at my sales meeting in Atlanta (WHAT A COINCIDENCE)

• Love