2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm praying to Joey Votto and Joey Burrow that I get a Cincinnati interview. I even have a Burrow super bowl jersey

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have some more info on the interview process? How long do we have to read questions, how long to discuss, how many questions, can we write things down, etc?

Does anyone have some more info on the interview process? How long do we have to read questions, how long to discuss, how many questions, can we write things down, etc?
I think we have 2 minutes to read questions, 8 minutes to discuss. 8-9 stations. When are you interviewing?

Reactions: 1 user
II earlier today- OOS, 73 LM. Complete 7/15

I think we have 2 minutes to read questions, 8 minutes to discuss. 8-9 stations. When are you interviewing?
8/31. May I ask where you got this info? The website says 6-8 stations.

8/31. May I ask where you got this info? The website says 6-8 stations.
My bad, it does look like its 6-8 stations. A friend there told me they had 8-9 a couple of years back, but they must've whittled it down.

Anyone know if we're allowed to take notes during the MMI here?

II just now -- IS ORM LM 77, complete 8/2. Interview scheduled for 9/14

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also complete 8/2, but haven't heard from them...should I be worried? I am OOS though (but have special ties to Ohio)

Just got hit with the II this morning, flight to NYC to Cin is $500 anyone know if they compensate for travel expenses because yo girl is broke as f*** after secondaries

Did you put a preference for in person? I did mine virtual for this reason cause I was broke and still am broke 🥲 Only thing I wish I could have done looking back was tour their beautiful campus

II 76 LM ORM OOS w/ no ties complete 7/12! Kinda regret not choosing in person now just to experience this campus :O

Purely out of curiosity: are UC still doing in-person interviews? I went in-person 8/31 and one of the MMI raters tested positive, so they said they were rethinking that policy.

Does Cincinnati do rejections early in the cycle or wait a long time?

Does Cincinnati do rejections early in the cycle or wait a long time?
Pre or post II? The impression I got on interview day was that everyone who interviewed on X day heard back on Y day, regardless of if they were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (I could be wrong though). Not sure about Pre-II R’s.

Pre or post II? The impression I got on interview day was that everyone who interviewed on X day heard back on Y day, regardless of if they were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected (I could be wrong though). Not sure about Pre-II R’s.
Pre-II, I was complete early July and haven’t heard yet and wondered if they tend to ghost or outright reject

Purely out of curiosity: are UC still doing in-person interviews? I went in-person 8/31 and one of the MMI raters tested positive, so they said they were rethinking that policy.
I have an in-person interview scheduled for 10/4 but they haven't sent anything out regarding this - will post if that changes!

Please describe the reasons that you have chosen to specifically apply your skills to the career of a physician and what specific ways your personality, talents, attributes, etc. will contribute to the practice of clinical medicine. Im still stuck on what they are asking for here?

Please describe the reasons that you have chosen to specifically apply your skills to the career of a physician and what specific ways your personality, talents, attributes, etc. will contribute to the practice of clinical medicine. Im still stuck on what they are asking for here?
I interpreted it as why specifically PHYSICIAN and why specifically YOU.

Can anyone who has already interviewed walk me through what the day looks like? I'll admit I'm an overly nervous person so I'm just trying to gather as much detail about the day as possible.

II this morning. Complete 8/2 OOS. This is my first ii I literally couldn't believe my eyes I'm soo happyyyy

Reactions: 5 users
II OOS Complete mid-late August. LizzyM =~ 73

Reactions: 3 users
II OOS Complete mid-late August. LizzyM =~ 73
But why is the interview at 7:30am? 😭 It said 7:30am ET but I'm in CT so I thought it was gonna start at 6:30am. It's a lil more reasonable now. Haha

Ahhh I was complete early august and now I’m nervous

Could you share your complete date??? I am OOS as well and was complete late July so I want to see if they have moved past my app or not.
I was complete 07/04. Does anybody know if I can request to do the interview virtually? My invite says in-person but they are doing a zoom option for some people this year, right?

I was complete 07/04. Does anybody know if I can request to do the interview virtually? My invite says in-person but they are doing a zoom option for some people this year, right?
One of the secondary questions asked about virtual vs. in-person interview preference- did you say in-person for that?

Def try emailing admissions and see if your interview can be switched to virtual

One of the secondary questions asked about virtual vs. in-person interview preference- did you say in-person for that?

Def try emailing admissions and see if your interview can be switched to virtual
I said in person, but some circumstances have changed since then, so it will be far more difficult for me to go to Cincinnati then I had originally anticipated. Yeah I will try emailing, thanks!

Hey if anyone on this thread is a med student at Cincinnati can you please message me I have a couple of questions. Thanks!

Hi all! I just interviewed at Cincinnati on Wednesday 9/21 so if anyone has any questions about interview day feel free to get in touch!

Hi all! I just interviewed at Cincinnati on Wednesday 9/21 so if anyone has any questions about interview day feel free to get in touch!
When were you complete? Mind sharing stats?

When were you complete? Mind sharing stats?
Hello! 512 MCAT with 3.99 GPA. Little research and volunteer experience but decent shadowing and clinical experience. OOS complete 8/3 and II received 9/6. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! 512 MCAT with 3.99 GPA. Little research and volunteer experience but decent shadowing and clinical experience. OOS complete 8/3 and II received 9/6. Hope that helps!
Thank you

OOS II today as well. LM 71 and complete 7/22

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? 🥲

Reactions: 1 users