2022-2023 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! What interview dates were available?
10/13, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 1/12, 1/19. 1/26 were all the dates I could see!

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II October 12 2022 complete august 26 2022 519 MCAT 3.90 ogpa 3.96 sgpa current grad student with pubs

Reactions: 2 users
It's a no from me... I interviewed 9/22 and was hoping to hear something today. Adcom tweeted that they'd begin calling "shortly" around 9:30.
Same it said they worked through some so hopefully we are still in the running. Also the tweet said the next round is the 29th which is a Saturday? So two more weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Same it said they worked through some so hopefully we are still in the running. Also the tweet said the next round is the 29th which is a Saturday? So two more weeks
I also interviewed 9/22 and have not heard anything

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. :/ OOS, ORM, complete 8/1. Stats in signature.

Is this school pretty picky about OOS?

So are they actually going to make offers on a Saturday, or is it going to be Monday?

Anyone (current or accepted students) have experience getting in here with a less than ideal preview score? I scored in the top percentile in CASPER but just got my Preview score today and it’s not great. This is my top choice school so I’m honestly really disappointed with myself.

Anyone (current or accepted students) have experience getting in here with a less than ideal preview score? I scored in the top percentile in CASPER but just got my Preview score today and it’s not great. This is my top choice school so I’m honestly really disappointed with myself.
I'm not sure how it works this year, but I have a friend who applied last cycle and got in, and she said that during her cycle a good score was considered a "plus point" but a bad score wouldn't be considered. So basically it really was just an optional test that can't hurt you, but it can help if you do well. Again, not sure about this cycle.

I'm not sure how it works this year, but I have a friend who applied last cycle and got in, and she said that during her cycle a good score was considered a "plus point" but a bad score wouldn't be considered. So basically it really was just an optional test that can't hurt you, but it can help if you do well. Again, not sure about this cycle.
thanks for replying! From the website it seems like that is their same policy for this year as well. I guess I just worry too much and think that there will still be some sort of bias. After scoring in the top quartile for CASPER, I just wasn't expecting this.

thanks for replying! From the website it seems like that is their same policy for this year as well. I guess I just worry too much and think that there will still be some sort of bias. After scoring in the top quartile for CASPER, I just wasn't expecting this.
My understanding from the webinar is that they only look at the Preview if you are in the top quartile, if not then it is not used.

My understanding from the webinar is that they only look at the Preview if you are in the top quartile, if not then it is not used.
Thank you for reassuring me! 😊 I hope that is the case because I felt well about my MMI and 1-on-1 and could really see myself at UAB. Appreciate the help!

Twitter just now: “Adcom met today. We are starting to make offer calls. We've reviewed all interviewees from Aug, Sep and most from Oct 13. Next adcom is Nov. 17.”

Good luck everyone! I was in the 10/13 group so not sure if I was reviewed or not yet 🥲

Attachments

• 94DCDD8A-9983-401D-85AC-650E62B6EFB2.jpeg
    94DCDD8A-9983-401D-85AC-650E62B6EFB2.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 129
Twitter just now: “Adcom met today. We are starting to make offer calls. We've reviewed all interviewees from Aug, Sep and most from Oct 13. Next adcom is Nov. 17.”
We posted at the same time lol

Got the call just a little while ago!! First A, tears of joy happened.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users