2022-2023 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted 6/30 RD... still haven't heard anything 🥺

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/28 and haven't gotten any updates

Pre-II R just now OOS ORM, completed 7/7. GL to the rest of y'all!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II rejection this morning :( OOS ORM, completed 7/29

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you all prepping for the interview? Smiling a lot? Logical answers? etc?

IS II tonight!! LM 81, complete 8/18 (secondary submitted 7/7 but I had to wait for my committee letter ahaha)

Just got an II completed 08/05. IS and an LM of 65. How are you guys preparing for the MMI?

A fun Pre-II R this morning. IS. LM 66. Not really sure what went wrong

woke up this morning to a nice Rejection email 🥲 In-State, Complete 7/13, LM 65.1…not really sure what they didn’t like on my app but hopefully their feedback opportunity later in November will be helpful. Good luck to the rest of y’all!!

Be prepared for the MMIs (ethical questions, scenarios, etc.)!

Are you allowed to take notes during the mmi? Also is it a 2 min brainstorm period, 6 min talking period? Thanks!

Are there less interviews this year? or just less ppl active on sdn compared to last year?

Reactions: 3 users
Are you allowed to take notes during the mmi? Also is it a 2 min brainstorm period, 6 min talking period? Thanks!
It isn't recommended. And yes, you can think about the question for 2 mins and you don't have to keep talking for the rest of the 6 mins. They can ask follow-up questions.

They said they would tweet, probably yesterday, when the committee meets to review applications and they have to inform ED by Saturday and still haven't tweeted...

Getting worried, seems quiet this year.

• Sad
OOS II received this morning at 4:30AM

From GA/ strong ties/ 3.9/ 507

• Love
Hey everyone! I’ve got my interview coming up soon and I was wondering if someone could give me some additional info. I am pretty unfamiliar with the Kira Talent software. Is the interview process asynchronous? Or is it with actual interviews from UAB making use of the software like zoom/google meets?

I know you have to sign a confidentiality form so I don’t have ant questions about the interview itself! Just wondering about the format. Thanks.

It's a zoom (live) interview for traditional and MMI (kira is similar to zoom)

It's a zoom (live) interview for traditional and MMI (kira is similar to zoom)

Awesome, thank you! I had a friend use Kira at another school and it was asynchronous so I wasn’t sure. I appreciate your help.

for the mmi, is it a mix of acting/non-acting scenarios?
They are written scenarios with 9 stations--8 scenarios and a break in the middle. you get 2 minutes to read and contemplate an answer and 6 minutes to answer the question to the interviewer. They typically have follow-up questions, so don't feel obligated to fill the whole 6 minutes.

They are written scenarios with 9 stations--8 scenarios and a break in the middle. you get 2 minutes to read and contemplate an answer and 6 minutes to answer the question to the interviewer. They typically have follow-up questions, so don't feel obligated to fill the whole 6 minutes.

thank you! so does that mean just like ethical scenarios and such?