2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess they really don't want my money.
Ironically they're not technically getting any money from me šŸ¤£

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Guess they donā€™t want my FAP money either

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tfw you get all 4 of your screened secondaries before Tulane, the early bird

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Wellā€¦ they definitely have something they use because I got their secondary immediately during my first cycle when my app wasnā€™t the best.

My app improved for this cycle but I havenā€™t received their secondary. I was verified weeks ago.

Maybe they send it a little later for reapplicants? idk
Anecdotally, last year I was a reapp and I got my secondary same day I submitted I believe.

Verified before submission, still no secondary, reapplicant.

Has to be this week right? Friday makes 4 weeks.

Verified before submission, still no secondary, reapplicant.

Has to be this week right? Friday makes 4 weeks.
I hope so. Was verified first day of submission and havenā€™t got anything

anybody else submitting payment for the secondary and its not going through right away like the other apps?

anybody else submitting payment for the secondary and its not going through right away like the other apps?
Yup, this is normal for Tulane. You should get an email tomorrow morning telling you that the payment processed and that you still need to submit the secondary.

Yup, this is normal for Tulane. You should get an email tomorrow morning telling you that the payment processed and that you still need to submit the secondary.
Thank you! wish I knew Tulane was a little different in how they process payment before i submitted payment 4 times lol

Members don't see this ad :)
i was verified before apps were released to schools, so my primary went out to schools 6/25. got a secondary 7/10 and submitted same day.

verified and submitted 6/25. still no secondary, OOS. Not a reapplicant to this school, but I applied to a bunch of other schools last year.

verified and submitted 6/25. still no secondary, OOS. Not a reapplicant to this school, but I applied to a bunch of other schools last year.
Iā€™m confused, should we be worried we still havenā€™t gotten a secondary or is it normal?

first time applicant but I see that everyone keeps posting about the delay so Iā€™m wondering when secondaries are typically sent out

Ok I am manifesting it. Y'all are going to get it by the end of this week. or maybe next week. or maybe....

• Haha
I wonder what is going on...
Y'all, the Tulane thread has seemed to be the most filled with needless worry and anxiety in recent years.
Last year it reached 59 pages of these kinds of posts.

It will happen when it happens.
Last year they had > 17,000 applications.

Take a cue from the New Orleans motto, Laissez les bons temps rouler, and go work on your other essays for a bit.
Peace, cher.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Yup; I can attest to what @wysdoc said. I was part of the 59 page-thread last year. Having moved to New Orleans recently, I've realized that they operate at a "slower pace", which also applies to TUSOM.

Quick update is that there was a 2-day power outage (recently ended today a few hours ago). They expect to be back working in the office tomorrow, so things should start to pick back up. With that being said, the average time it took for accepted students to receive secondary after submitting spanned immediately to 3/4 weeks. It took me 2 weeks last year. So, don't stress too much.

Yes, TUSOM likes to interview people early, but the degree that is propagated on SDN and Reddit is exaggerated. Go work on the secondary prompts posted in prior pages, so when you do get the secondary, you can submit it very soon. Control what you can! Again, secondaries are not sent based on order that the primaries are verified, so it's almost meaningless to fret that person X got the secondary before you despite submitting later than you. It is unknown if they did a post-bac, part of a linkage program etc.

Finally, I know that some of you might think that I'm more relaxed having made it on the other side (which is fair). But at the same time, I hope to spread some experience and expectations based on last year. Just my .02 :) Good luck and hope to see y'all in New Orleans next year!

Edit: Feel free to message me about the application process etc. I will have a delayed response since I'm currently getting adapted to the city. Please DO NOT spam me; if you don't hear back from me after 72 hours, then feel free to message me again.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was submitted my primary application 5/27 and was verified early. Has anyone else still not received a secondary?
Read the several dozen posts before yours, paying special attention to the post immediately before yours.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just happened to me! Says payment not received, but the money was taken out of my bank lol. I guess we wait

Just happened to me! Says payment not received, but the money was taken out of my bank lol. I guess we wait
it took ~24 hours for mine to go through and it seems that way with everyone else. Donā€™t worry it will go through!

also, the power was out for a couple days and I think that has slowed down Tulaneā€™s admissions department.

For the "Please list your major hobbies and major non-academic interests" question, do they want a literal list? Or should we elaborate?

For the "Please list your major hobbies and major non-academic interests" question, do they want a literal list? Or should we elaborate?
I listed 2 things and briefly wrote why they were important me

Finally received a secondary OOS after being verified before transmission. So if you haven't gotten yours and are neurotic like I was they might be coming soon!

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the portal? I reset my password 6 times and it will not work. I am not sure whats wrong.... I haven't had issues with any other portals only this one

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the portal? I reset my password 6 times and it will not work. I am not sure whats wrong.... I haven't had issues with any other portals only this one
One of their emails included a link to what I assume was an old portal. It had a different URL and my login didn't work. I used the link in the original secondary invitation email, and that one works.

One of their emails included a link to what I assume was an old portal. It had a different URL and my login didn't work. I used the link in the original secondary invitation email, and that one works.
I got it to work, thank you!

Another question, sorry! But I tried making the payment 3 times and it won't show completed on my portal... not sure why. Is anyone else having this issue? I hope it doesnt actually charge me 3 times. :(

Another question, sorry! But I tried making the payment 3 times and it won't show completed on my portal... not sure why. Is anyone else having this issue? I hope it doesnt actually charge me 3 times. :(
It takes about 24 hours for the payment to show as processed. You should get an email in the morning.

Tulane still donā€™t want our money ? Alright

might totally reveal myself but is anyone here a current Tulane undergrad or alum in this thread?

Is Tulane prescreening secondaries this year? I submitted the primary app on the first day but I still havenā€™t received a secondary?

Reactions: 2 users
For everyone stressing, I contacted admissions and they said their system is messed up so they halted secondary roll out a bit and are doing very small batches. I asked if this will affect how they view my app bc they care about being early and she said no and that everyone is facing this so I am not alone in this situation. Hope this helps guys :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
For everyone stressing, I contacted admissions and they said their system is messed up so they halted secondary roll out a bit and are doing very small batches. I asked if this will affect how they view my app bc they care about being early and she said no and that everyone is facing this so I am not alone in this situation. Hope this helps guys :)

Ily

• Care
Reactions: 4 users