2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for Maine track received! OOS, no Maine connections, completed 7/24

Reactions: 5 users
II for Maine track today at 5pm EST! Scheduled for mid-October. OOS, no connections to Maine. Completed on 7/12

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got maine track II!! in state applicant -- lived there my whole life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many Maine track IIs are sent out/what the post-II acceptance rate is for Maine track?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many Maine track IIs are sent out/what the post-II acceptance rate is for Maine track?
im wondering this too...I think ~40/200 students (~20%) in tufts entering MD class are maine track students. I also know that they give out around 900 interviews total (both maine track and non), but I don't know if they have those specifics. Maybe 180ish interview spots because that's 20% of 900. I really don't know tho haha

1630637772794.png

These numbers on the IS/OOS interviewed have to be flipped, right?

• Hmm
Any Boston track IIs yet? Or have they only sent IIs out to the Maine Track people so far

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like it...the 54 matriculated is for maine track?
No, Maine track students would all be considered OOS. That would be matriculated IS ie. From MA.

Maine Track matriculates 40, of which I believe slightly more than half are Mainers.

II received just now! Regular MD (Boston), OOS, LM ~75, complete 7/1

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Congrats to those who received an II. Tufts was a long shot for me but no R from here yet 🙁

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does tufts send Rs or holds early on?

Another silent Monday from this school and the rest of the places I applied to 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
do y'all genuinely think it's just a waiting game or that it's a pretty bad sign to not have heard back from anywhere by now? ik there are a lot of people in this position haha but just wanted honest thoughts before I drive myself even crazier

do y'all genuinely think it's just a waiting game or that it's a pretty bad sign to not have heard back from anywhere by now? ik there are a lot of people in this position haha but just wanted honest thoughts before I drive myself even crazier
I think it depends on the school. Some places will give you false hope for the entire cycle and then just give you an R in the spring 🙁

Really just a waiting game! Not having heard anything by now doesn't mean a whole lot right now since we're only in September and many schools just started sending out IIs in the last few weeks. If some schools reject you early in the cycle and others late/at the end of the cycle, it stands to reason that something similar can be said of IIs. Don't lose hope!

Really just a waiting game! Not having heard anything by now doesn't mean a whole lot right now since we're only in September and many schools just started sending out IIs in the last few weeks. If some schools reject you early in the cycle and others late/at the end of the cycle, it stands to reason that something similar can be said of IIs. Don't lose hope!
thank you for this :)

II received for Boston track, complete 7/7 OOS!

• Love
Are Boston track and Maine track IIs sent separately or is the Maine interview also the Boston interview?

Congrats everyone!! Tufts looks awesome haha

Boston II received!! URM, OOS, complete 7/11.

Reactions: 10 users
bostin II! URM complete 7/8, URM, OOS

• Love
II received today OOS URM LizzyM ~70 first one think it might be a mistake but I'll take it

• Love
Hey all, I got my Maine Track interview invite last Friday. I feel like my sores are a little low for this school but I go to Tufts for undergrad and my GPA is in their range. I have a 510 MCAT and a 3.72 GPA with a 3.79 Science and my family has a home in Maine. Do you think they just sent an interview as a technicality or do i genuinely have a chance at getting accepted here??

Hey all, I got my Maine Track interview invite last Friday. I feel like my sores are a little low for this school but I go to Tufts for undergrad and my GPA is in their range. I have a 510 MCAT and a 3.72 GPA with a 3.79 Science and my family has a home in Maine. Do you think they just sent an interview as a technicality or do i genuinely have a chance at getting accepted here??
Interviews are a valuable resource for med schools! They wouldn't waste their time or energy on you if you didn't have a real chance at getting in--that being said, now it's time to do whatever you can to nail the interview so you can convert your II into an A

Congrats! They definitely wouldn't send you an interview if they didn't think you were a good fit so I'd say you have a great chance. When were you complete if you don't mind me asking.

Is silence from this school an R? I was complete late July and have yet to hear anything

Is silence from this school an R? I was complete late July and have yet to hear anything
Reapplicant here. They sent out Rs last year pretty deep into the cycle. I think I was complete in August and they hung on to my application until maybe April when I got the R. I know someone who got an II like 2 weeks before that in March.

But also heavy COVID times last cycle, threw a wrench in just about everything.

Reapplicant here. They sent out Rs last year pretty deep into the cycle. I think I was complete in August and they hung on to my application until maybe April when I got the R. I know someone who got an II like 2 weeks before that in March.

But also heavy COVID times last cycle, threw a wrench in just about everything.
Hey! Do you mind sharing your stats from last year? I’m just trying to gauge my chances of getting an II. If not, no worries :)

Hey! Do you mind sharing your stats from last year? I’m just trying to gauge my chances of getting an II. If not, no worries :)
520 MCAT, 3.65-3.7 for both cumulative & science GPA with strong upward trend

I personally don’t think stats played into my rejection - my guess was a weak PS? Had plenty of paid clinical hours, research, and volunteering so I mainly focused on my writing this time around

520 MCAT, 3.65-3.7 for both cumulative & science GPA with strong upward trend

I personally don’t think stats played into my rejection - my guess was a weak PS? Had plenty of paid clinical hours, research, and volunteering so I mainly focused on my writing this time around
520 mcat? I have no hope lol. Thanks for sharing!!

520 mcat? I have no hope lol. Thanks for sharing!!
Don’t fret - the person I mentioned who got an interview later in the cycle had a 512 and a ~3.5 GPA.

So, the moral of the story is

• Haha
  • Hmm
Don’t fret - the person I mentioned who got an interview later in the cycle had a 512 and a ~3.5 GPA.

So, the moral of the story is
This is always reassuring, thank you for this.

I guess it's true, the moral of the story is

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! They definitely wouldn't send you an interview if they didn't think you were a good fit so I'd say you have a great chance. When were you complete if you don't mind me asking.
I was complete 7/28. I also submitted my application the same day I got the secondary. Tufts, being an undergrad here, is by far my top choice so I had that one pre-written.

I sent in my secondary early July, 520 MCAT IS. Should I expect an R since i have heard back yet?