2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Has anyone heard any info regarding MedStart or Bacc2MD decisions being released?
Good morning! I believe that those decisions are sent out on a rolling basis, but all decisions are usually made by April at the latest!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any 02/11 interviewees heard back yet?

Hey guys, I want to congratulate those who have been accepted or invited to interview thus far!

I want to reiterate this post again, in case some of you have not seen it, but this account is run by UTCOMLS Ambassadors, a group of medical and graduate students at The University of Toledo. We work with the Dean's Office and the Office of Admissions to help bridge the gap between current and prospective students on the Health Science Campus. As we're in the second half of the cycle and many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors

Should I lose hope for getting an II

Keep your head up! The admissions office has told ambassadors that they will be extending invites through the end of March, and interviews will continue through May. If you haven't yet received a decision, it is still possible to be invited to interview. We know the application cycle is long and requires a lot of patience, but continue to check your status through the application portal!

Sending you lots of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
They update their available dates frequently (like every couple weeks) so the last day probably hasn't been posted yet
Hello! As of now the admissions office has not given us a hard deadline as to when interview invitations will discontinue. However, I know several other M1 students in my class that did not interview until late March and accepted 6-8 weeks later around April and May. Keep your head up and good luck with the rest of your application cycle; you got this!

If you have other questions I can answer, please let me know!

Got the A this morning via email!! So excited!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone! A huge congratulations to those who have been accepted or invited to interview so far! Reaching this point in your journey is an accomplishment of its own. As students, we all know how taxing this process can be, so we're here to help where we can.

As many of you are making big decisions in the coming months, we are happy to answer any questions that you may have related to our school. Please feel free to reach out to us on this thread, through a private message, or at our e-mail and we will be happy to help. Go Rockets!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: University of Toledo COMLS Ambassadors
Instagram: @utcomls.ambassadors

Pre-II R just now. ✌️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
May I ask what you wrote for the secondary that asked about ties to toledo and Ohio? I also don't have any ties to Ohio and hope to apply here in the future!

If no ties to ohio then you can leave it blank.. if you have ties to ohio but not northwest ohio then you can write about that. But no ties I say leave it blank

May I ask what you wrote for the secondary that asked about ties to toledo and Ohio? I also don't have any ties to Ohio and hope to apply here in the future!
I left that section blank since I had no ties to Toledo or Northwest Ohio!

Any accepted students who sent in scholarship apps hear anything back?

Pre II Rekt, this was my last school I was waiting on. See y’all in June ig

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone had any luck directly emailing admissions with updates? I added one to my portal about 2 months ago with no response.

Has anyone had any luck directly emailing admissions with updates? I added one to my portal about 2 months ago with no response.
Uploading an update to the AMP portal didn't get me a response either but I assume the adcom has access to it

At Facebook gp, group me , do you think there are accepted students ( class of 2026) only or there are other medical students also
In the GroupMe and Discord, there are all incoming M1s and a couple ambassadors to supervise us more or less. In the Facebook, there's our incoming class, more ambassadors, and people looking to sell furniture/housing or find roommates

do the interviews also consist of standard interview questions or are they mostly ethical questions?

do the interviews also consist of standard interview questions or are they mostly ethical questions?
Closed file MMI. No standard interview questions, it's just lots of scenarios (not necessarily ethical ones either!) Personally had a lot of fun during my interview

Closed file MMI. No standard interview questions, it's just lots of scenarios (not necessarily ethical ones either!) Personally had a lot of fun during my interview
thank you so much!! just one more question: how often did you incorporate your personal experiences into the answers?

Hi! Does anyone know how feasible it is to obtain in-state residency? I know that OOS students can apply for Ohio residency after 12 months, but it's unclear how many successfully obtain it.

thank you so much!! just one more question: how often did you incorporate your personal experiences into the answers?
As you see fit! I feel like I have a wide breadth of non clinical experiences so I felt okay talking with the interviewer about experiences outside of healthcare.

I maybe brought up personal experiences 4-5 times but if you don't feel that need then you can choose a response more in line with you. I will say I only had maybe 2 prompts that were clinically related but my follow up questions were a bit more so. It was hard to answer the follow ups with personal experiences because I couldnt prepare for that with the 2 minute time window and I don't think they'll expect you to.

Does anyone know where on the website the tuition is listed? I found it once but now I cant remember where it is. (EDIT: I found it)

Also, it seems like the tuition gets less expensive after year 1. Can anyone confirm this? My interview is in a week btw.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten financial aid offers? I’ve still heard absolutely nothing. Would really like to get some info to help make a decision before April 30…

Has anyone gotten financial aid offers? I’ve still heard absolutely nothing. Would really like to get some info to help make a decision before April 30…
Got my federal financial aid offers, you need to file FAFSA. For the scholarship awards you submitted an application for, we have to wait until after April 30th presumably. But Toledo's CTE date is pretty lenient, not until late June :)

My interview is tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute advise? Thanks!
Have some fun with it! I personally had a blast during my session, and being in a happy mental state can go a long way. Also don't feel compelled to respond to something that isn't there. A lot of the prompts I had on interview day were non medical related but the follow ups had more ties to medicine and what you think about different aspects of it.

Go hang out with your people or do what makes you smile for tonight, get some sleep, stay calm and go for it!