2021-2022 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Toledo still sending out II? I feel like I read somewhere on this thread that they're interviewing until the end of May??? Also can anybody whos been accepted share the number of people who have joined the Groupme/FB group??

Members don't see this ad.

Is Toledo still sending out II? I feel like I read somewhere on this thread that they're interviewing until the end of May??? Also can anybody whos been accepted share the number of people who have joined the Groupme/FB group??
They still seem to be giving IIs. I know someone who got her II 2 weeks ago and interviewed later that week.
The Facebook group has 131 people but that includes people who have been accepted as well as ambassadors and other students looking for roommates/freshies to take over their leases or furniture. The GroupMe has 87 accepted students and 2 ambassadors. Some people HAVE left our chat, probably in favor of other acceptance offers, and I don't have an exact number on that.

They still seem to be giving IIs. I know someone who got her II 2 weeks ago and interviewed later that week.
The Facebook group has 131 people but that includes people who have been accepted as well as ambassadors and other students looking for roommates/freshies to take over their leases or furniture. The GroupMe has 87 accepted students and 2 ambassadors. Some people HAVE left our chat, probably in favor of other acceptance offers, and I don't have an exact number on that.
thank you for such a detailed response i appreciate you!! Guess ill just have to keep my hope alive for now and keep praying for a miracle

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Friend of my just got her acceptance.
She interviewed recently

• Love
Do you know when orientation/classes start ?
Tentative dates we got at a recent in person event were July 26-29 was orientation and the white coat ceremony, classes start August 1st

Edit: I said June instead of July on accident

Last edited:
Are accepted students automatically considered for any of the scholarships such as the presidential, promedica, mission forward, etc.? Or is the scholarship application required to receive anything?

@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors

Are accepted students automatically considered for any of the scholarships such as the presidential, promedica, mission forward, etc.? Or is the scholarship application required to receive anything?

@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors
It seems like the scholarships all need an application, with some also requiring letters of recommendation

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A today! Best of luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors
I believe there are certain scholarships, like the ones you mentioned, where accepted students are automatically considered. There are others that you have to apply for through the general scholarship application form or their own specific application forms. You can check the links below to see which ones are available!

College of Medicine New Student Scholarship Application Form

Scholarship Search Tool

I believe there are certain scholarships, like the ones you mentioned, where accepted students are automatically considered. There are others that you have to apply for through the general scholarship application form or their own specific application forms. You can check the links below to see which ones are available!

College of Medicine New Student Scholarship Application Form

Scholarship Search Tool
Thanks so much for the information! It looks like the general scholarship application form closes today (May 1)- for those of us who do not have an admission decision yet, will we have an opportunity to complete this?

Thanks so much for the information! It looks like the general scholarship application form closes today (May 1)- for those of us who do not have an admission decision yet, will we have an opportunity to complete this?
The website still says it's due May 1st (today), but a recent e-mail from the admissions office about CYMS deadlines said this:

"Our scholarship application will be open until the end of May to allow as many accepted students as possible an opportunity to apply for scholarships."

bruh it's may
People were getting IIs in April too so hard to say if they're really done since they seem to be behind

If you haven't been rejected then this is one of a few places where there might barely be a shot still

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my A and 1/2 tuition scholarship today, goodluck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
People were getting IIs in April too so hard to say if they're really done since they seem to be behind

If you haven't been rejected then this is one of a few places where there might barely be a shot still
Their groupme and facebook page isnt even close to full capacity, last i checked the groupme had 96 members and the FB group had 150 and their class size is like 175, idk that seems pretty open to me, and i feel like if they had closed II they would send out the R wave since theyve already sent out Rs so far

Withdrew my A and 1/2 tuition scholarship today, goodluck everyone!
Congrats on such a goated app cycle! Did you get the 1/2 scholarship with your acceptance or was it after that? If it was the latter then when did you first hear about it?

Congrats on such a goated app cycle! Did you get the 1/2 scholarship with your acceptance or was it after that? If it was the latter then when did you first hear about it?
Thank you!! I received the scholarship earlier this week, but I got an email that I was eligible after submitting the scholarship application in mid April

Thank you!! I received the scholarship earlier this week, but I got an email that I was eligible after submitting the scholarship application in mid April
Oh so it was a scholarship from the scholarship application they sent all accepted students? I didn't know they were finally sending those out

Oh so it was a scholarship from the scholarship application they sent all accepted students? I didn't know they were finally sending those out
Yes, it was one of the mission forward scholarships

For those of you who had the opportunity of interviewing, how long did they take to get back to you? Happy Mothers Day!

For those of you who had the opportunity of interviewing, how long did they take to get back to you? Happy Mothers Day!
I interviewed 10/8 and got my A on 11/16 so roughly 5 weeks. I have a friend that also interviewed 10/8 and got her A a week before me though. When I asked admissions why she had heard something and I hadn't, they more or less said "after the interview, each complete file is sent to an individual adcom member, so we send out decision emails as those adcom members score the files and send them back."

If you interviewed, it's now a matter of who has your file and how soon they can score it! That's what I understood from when I emailed them :)

At this point of time, it will take less time like 2 Wks for decisions

Just got an interview invite yesterday! It's so late in the cycle, I didn't think they would still be sending out II. They only had one interview day left when I signed up though, which is on May 25th

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an interview invite yesterday! It's so late in the cycle, I didn't think they would still be sending out II. They only had one interview day left when I signed up though, which is on May 25th
Did you send a LOI?

Accepted!
OOS
Interviewed 4/13

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey gang!!!

For everyone getting acceptances, here are some very dope links that I highly think you should click on 😎

(Deleted for the sake of privacy)

Congrats on the A's and I'll see you here! :)

Last edited: