2022-2023 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard anything. Is there a 2022-2023 MedStart thread anywhere?
You can utilize this thread. It seems decisions came out March 25th or so last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they notify you about institutional financial aid? It looks like the deadline for applying for aid is May 1. Does that mean aid packages aren't released until after CYMS commit to enroll?
Interested in learning this this as well! Haven't been able to find any info on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
any body heard any decisions from the Toledo medstart interviews for 2023?
waiting as well. i know in some years it was march 11 and mid-march, but last year it was in very late march

i wonder how many people Toledo Medstart interviwed this year, i heard they interview about 35 people and accept about 15?

“Unforeseen circumstances” e-mail that has been previously discussed received today. Interviewed 1/19

what's this "unforeseen circumstances" email that you guys got? is it with medstart?

what's this "unforeseen circumstances" email that you guys got? is it with medstart?
Just an email from the admissions office telling us that decisions are taking longer due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Not related to medstart. At least in our case

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who submitted update laters, what do you usually include in that? Im applying this upcoming cycle?

Just received an II, scheduled for 3/24! Does anyone have any advice for the interview?!?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just received an II, scheduled for 3/24! Does anyone have any advice for the interview?!?
Outside of practicing conversational skills just don’t stress too much about it. Very straight forward and there isn’t really a good way to prepare for the day itself. Just get good sleep and eat something beforehand because it is a pretty long day. Everyone is super nice and most interviewers will make it somewhat conversational and attempt to get to know you. Good luck!

Outside of practicing conversational skills just don’t stress too much about it. Very straight forward and there isn’t really a good way to prepare for the day itself. Just get good sleep and eat something beforehand because it is a pretty long day. Everyone is super nice and most interviewers will make it somewhat conversational and attempt to get to know you. Good luck!
Sounds good! Also in the email they sent they said I would get a confirmation email after scheduling, but I have not received an email yet. Does it take some time for that email to arrive? On the portal it doesn't say exactly what date I selected (although I remember), so I just want to make sure that it got scheduled correctly!

Sounds good! Also in the email they sent they said I would get a confirmation email after scheduling, but I have not received an email yet. Does it take some time for that email to arrive? On the portal it doesn't say exactly what date I selected (although I remember), so I just want to make sure that it got scheduled correctly!
It has been a couple of months so I don’t remember exactly. I think mine came through pretty fast, but doesn’t ever hurt to email the staff and confirm!

It has been a couple of months so I don’t remember exactly. I think mine came through pretty fast, but doesn’t ever hurt to email the staff and confirm!
Yup looks like there was a small glitch but I did get it!

I just got an interview OOS! Whoa so late in the season I'm so happy!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
those who have interviewed… when do you think the next round of decisions are coming?

1/19 interview. Based off of the last wave, took 14 days after the “taking longer than expected” email came out. I got that email on the 14th, so im just assuming the 28th at this point. Definitely frustrated and exhausted from how long it has taken, but I know im not the only one

• Care
1/19 interview. Based off of the last wave, took 14 days after the “taking longer than expected” email came out. I got that email on the 14th, so im just assuming the 28th at this point. Definitely frustrated and exhausted from how long it has taken, but I know im not the only one
10/26 interview definitely feeling this right now lol

• Wow
I can’t believe you guys still haven’t heard yet… Obviously I understand why people wouldn’t want to contact them aggressively, but you guys definitely deserve a full explanation for that. Regardless of the “unforeseen circumstances” that’s unacceptable.

Adding onto the other advice, I found it really helpful to practice some MMI scenarios just to get comfortable with the format. I found YouTube videos really helpful. There are a ton of resources out there for practice. Congrats on the II. Good luck!

10/18 interview here...I feel this. Has anybody tried reaching out to them? I don't want them to get annoyed especially after the unforeseen circumstances email, but I feel like this wait is becoming excessive.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
10/18 interview here...I feel this. Has anybody tried reaching out to them? I don't want them to get annoyed especially after the unforeseen circumstances email, but I feel like this wait is becoming excessive.
Did you decide to reach out? I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for an expected decision date at this point. Just an update on my end I have not received any email about "taking longer than expected" and I interviewed on 1/20.

Update at I received an acceptance letter at around 3:40 today. Still crying.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Did you decide to reach out? I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask for an expected decision date at this point. Just an update on my end I have not received any email about "taking longer than expected" and I interviewed on 1/20.

Email or a physical letter?

Do you mind sharing if you're IS or OOS?

Do you mind sharing if you're IS or OOS?
OOS, but strong ties to the area graduated from Eastern Michigan and went to high school near Detroit. Non trad, so my stats are a little Wonky but I am happy to share. Undergrad GPA - 2.98 Post Bach - 3.6 Grad School 4.0 MCAT - (like 10 years ago 30) 507

also email not a letter, but it portal allows me to accept

OOS, but strong ties to the area graduated from Eastern Michigan and went to high school near Detroit. Non trad, so my stats are a little Wonky but I am happy to share. Undergrad GPA - 2.98 Post Bach - 3.6 Grad School 4.0 MCAT - (like 10 years ago 30) 507

also email not a letter, but it portal allows me to accept
Thank you for sharing. Will probably be calling at the end of the week to ask for an explanation of some kind if I don’t hear anything by then

OOS II 3/17. Does anyone know if we are interviewing for actual positions or just waitlist at this point?

OOS II 3/17. Does anyone know if we are interviewing for actual positions or just waitlist at this point?

Interviewed earlier this month and recently got an A so I think they still have open seats in the class!

interviewed a few weeks ago and they explicitly stated there were seats open. Historically I guess they interview pretty late too.

Has anyone from MedStart contacted the admissions office to see when we'd be hearing back?

Any 2/23 interviews heard back yet? I was kinda thrown the march person already heard

no news yet from medstart,,,,, anybody else heard that had the medstart interviews this year?

just waiting..last year the results came out on the 25th of march which was a friday? curious if it comes tomorrow.

will they send out emails either way accept or reject to all interviwed candidates?

Hi, does anyone know if the Bacc2md Acceptances/rejections are all sent out at the same time? or if all the acceptances are released simultaneously or based on the interview date?

Last edited: