2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS folks where ya at

Members don't see this ad.

IS folks where ya at
Still patiently waiting :yeahright:

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

I haven't received a secondary yet but I submitted my primary like July 1 lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone else having issues getting their course requirement page to show as complete? it's been a bit buggy for me and i can't properly edit entries..

is anyone else having issues getting their course requirement page to show as complete? it's been a bit buggy for me and i can't properly edit entries..
i had issues with editing as well. i just kept clicking it until it finally let me edit the one i wanted to. i didn't have any issues beyond that. i just put in all my classes by semester and put labs as separate entries

Reactions: 1 user
Alright, it's becoming difficult to remain patient. Is the admissions office doing okay because they've been awfully quiet 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Alright, it's becoming difficult to remain patient. Is the admissions office doing okay because they've been awfully quiet 😩

To be fair, it is the first week of graduate students starting, and I believe undergraduates are moving in next week, which is always chaotic. And, it's the summer, so I always assume everyone is on vacation at all times :lol:

I was just looking at Quinnipiac's website and I saw that in their prerequisite section they say they don't accept online science prereqs. I had trouble finding any message they might have discussing COVID-19 exceptions, but I find it hard to believe they won't be accepting online prereqs from march 2020 and beyond. Can anyone confirm this? I was going to contact admissions tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone knew.

i submitted my primary 6/25 and submitted secondaries throughout july. is it a bad sign that i applied early but still no ii's

Reactions: 1 users
i submitted my primary 6/25 and submitted secondaries throughout july. is it a bad sign that i applied early but still no ii's
No, it’s still early, don’t stress! People say you should worry if you have no IIs by thanksgiving.

Reactions: 2 users
pre secondary rejection? This is my first one ever... interesting. Well i guess i ain't livin in CT

Members don't see this ad :)
pre secondary rejection? This is my first one ever... interesting. Well i guess i ain't livin in CT
When did you submit and what are your stats like? That's so weird, I didn't know they even screen like that what the heck

Hey all,

I'm a current student at Netter. Feel free to ask general questions about the school, I'll try to respond within a week or so. I know there's a few other current students lurking who may also chime in. I won't get into the weeds about applications, admissions, or WAMC speculation.

• Wow
does anyone know if its a group interview or a individual interview? for those interviewing very soon...
won't say when I interviewed for privacy reasons but it's two, 45 min one-on-one interviews with either 2 faculty members or 1 faculty and 1 student. then you'll have a group session with the dean where he talks to each applicant individually. The entire day was very very low stress, everyone is super nice, talkative, and is just trying to get to know you. Even the applicants I interviewed with were awesome and really conversational. I think Quinnipiac does a great job of choosing students that really fit their mission to interview. you got this far, they like you already. they just wanna make sure whats on paper matches what's on the inside. don't stress too much! have fun :) I obviously don't know how it went yet but I'm happy to share how I prepared and what I felt worked for me

Last edited:
  • Care
won't say when I interviewed for privacy reasons but it's two, 45 min one-on-one interviews with either 2 faculty members or 1 faculty and 1 student. then you'll have a group session with the dean where he talks to each applicant individually. The entire day was very very low stress, everyone is super nice, talkative, and is just trying to get to know you. Even the applicants I interviewed with were awesome and really conversational. I think Quinnipiac does a great job of choosing students that really fit their mission to interview. you got this far, they like you already. they just wanna make sure whats on paper matches what's on the inside. don't stress too much! have fun :) I obviously don't know how it went yet but I'm happy to share how I prepared and what I felt worked for me
What exactly is Quinnipiac's mission and how is their mission reflected in you and your fellow interviewees?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Does Quinnipiac send out "complete" emails?! I've only received a confirmation email after submitting my secondary essays but no complete email...

Does Quinnipiac send out "complete" emails?! I've only received a confirmation email after submitting my secondary essays but no complete email...
I believe they do not. I did not receive one.

You can check the portal to confirm that your application is complete.

Does anyone remember when Netter begins to release decisions? I think they told us a date in the interview but I don't remember!

Does anyone remember when Netter begins to release decisions? I think they told us a date in the interview but I don't remember!
I think Dean Yeckel said decisions start rolling out on October 22nd if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
It's going to be late October, 26th or later is what I remember hearing.

Dang they've been so quiet...
fwiw i didnt get an interview invite until october and didnt interview till nov. we're still grinding through interviews, but on average theres maybe 6-7 applicants per session. it's slow going, go outside and have fun in the meantime

Reactions: 4 users
Woke up this morning to an II. OOS. Earliest available date was October 18th. Stats are in signature.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
II yesterday morning! Was sitting in my junk folder for some reason. Complete 7/15

• Love
I am low key stressed about this school lol. Quinnipiac is my first choice. I submitted my secondary on July 24 and I haven’t heard a thing yet. I feel like people with similar stats who supplied at the same time/before me have already interviewed or gotten iis. Oof I hate waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I am low key stressed about this school lol. Quinnipiac is my first choice. I submitted my secondary on July 24 and I haven’t heard a thing yet. I feel like people with similar stats who supplied at the same time/before me have already interviewed or gotten iis. Oof I hate waiting.
It’s better than having a flat pre secondary rejection. So no news is good news.

Thanks! Honestly I got the vibe from their verbiage that all applicants who meet a minimum academic threshold get the secondary, but I suppose that's not true if the pre-secondary Rs had decent stats

Thanks! Honestly I got the vibe from their verbiage that all applicants who meet a minimum academic threshold get the secondary, but I suppose that's not true if the pre-secondary Rs had decent stats
Yeah I’m assuming it’s holistic and someone actually looks over it. I think I may have read it on one of the previous year threads. This is the link and also has the things that they basically need from applicants.

Preliminary Selection Process​

The Office of Admissions will invite qualified applicants the opportunity to submit a secondary application. Applicants invited to submit a secondary application must attest to reading our Technical Standards before they are able to submit the secondary application. Applicants who do not meet the criteria established by the Admissions Committee are notified via email of the decision not to move forward with their application.

Selection to Interview​

Members of the Office of Admissions and select faculty review all completed AMCAS and secondary applications. Applicants are reviewed holistically (i.e., their experiences, attributes and metrics) using the applicant’s portfolio (AMCAS Application and Secondary Application). These reviews are guided by the Guidelines and Rules for Offering an Interview, written and approved by the Admissions Committee.

Guidelines and Rules for Offering an Interview

The Admissions Committee is charged with selecting students who fit the mission and vision of the Netter School of Medicine. The ultimate goal of our institution is to train highly qualified, culturally competent physicians. In addition to being academically strong, we place great emphasis on selecting candidates for attributes and experience that align with our mission and also enhance the inclusive and diverse culture that we hope to establish and maintain. In selecting applicants for an interview, and ultimately for matriculation, we consider the following attributes to be important:

Diversity: race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, upbringing (e.g., urban, rural), socioeconomic status, and whether they are the first generation of their family to attend college.

Maturity and Character: empathy, integrity, resilience (i.e., “grit”), adaptability, persistence, and cross-cultural awareness.

Skills and Abilities: motivation, aptitude, interpersonal communication, curiosity and critical thinking.

In addition to being mindful of the attributes listed above, we request that application screeners, appointed by the associate dean for admissions, consider the following characteristics when deciding to recommend an applicant for an interview:

Necessary

• Evidence of exposure to medical practice (e.g., physician shadowing, clinical volunteering, etc.).
  • Evidence of community engagement/citizenship.
  • Evidence of the capacity to handle the academic rigor of medical school.
  • Strong letters of recommendation from referees with in-depth knowledge of the applicant.
Desirable

• Evidence of exposure to medical practice (e.g., physician shadowing, clinical volunteering, etc.).
  • Work, volunteer and/or shadowing experience in clinical setting(s) that are substantively related to primary care, rehabilitative medicine, and/or global health.
  • Explicit statement of interest in primary care, rehabilitative medicine, and/or global health made in AMCAS and/or secondary application essays.
  • Substantive evidence of distance traveled.
  • Substantive evidence of tenacity/overcoming personal obstacles.
  • Work, scholastic or volunteer experience that has positively impacted medically underserved or vulnerable populations.
  • Work experience that demonstrates personal growth and maturity.
  • Research experience that has culminated in a favorable letter of recommendation from mentor(s) with or without related publications in the peer-reviewed literature.
  • Evidence of a well-rounded education, including classes in the humanities.

• Wow
  • Love
Yeah I’m assuming it’s holistic and someone actually looks over it. I think I may have read it on one of the previous year threads. This is the link and also has the things that they basically need from applicants.

Preliminary Selection Process​

The Office of Admissions will invite qualified applicants the opportunity to submit a secondary application. Applicants invited to submit a secondary application must attest to reading our Technical Standards before they are able to submit the secondary application. Applicants who do not meet the criteria established by the Admissions Committee are notified via email of the decision not to move forward with their application.

Selection to Interview​

Members of the Office of Admissions and select faculty review all completed AMCAS and secondary applications. Applicants are reviewed holistically (i.e., their experiences, attributes and metrics) using the applicant’s portfolio (AMCAS Application and Secondary Application). These reviews are guided by the Guidelines and Rules for Offering an Interview, written and approved by the Admissions Committee.

Guidelines and Rules for Offering an Interview

The Admissions Committee is charged with selecting students who fit the mission and vision of the Netter School of Medicine. The ultimate goal of our institution is to train highly qualified, culturally competent physicians. In addition to being academically strong, we place great emphasis on selecting candidates for attributes and experience that align with our mission and also enhance the inclusive and diverse culture that we hope to establish and maintain. In selecting applicants for an interview, and ultimately for matriculation, we consider the following attributes to be important:

Diversity: race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, upbringing (e.g., urban, rural), socioeconomic status, and whether they are the first generation of their family to attend college.

Maturity and Character: empathy, integrity, resilience (i.e., “grit”), adaptability, persistence, and cross-cultural awareness.

Skills and Abilities: motivation, aptitude, interpersonal communication, curiosity and critical thinking.

In addition to being mindful of the attributes listed above, we request that application screeners, appointed by the associate dean for admissions, consider the following characteristics when deciding to recommend an applicant for an interview:

Necessary

• Evidence of community engagement/citizenship.
  • Evidence of the capacity to handle the academic rigor of medical school.
  • Strong letters of recommendation from referees with in-depth knowledge of the applicant.
Desirable

• Work, volunteer and/or shadowing experience in clinical setting(s) that are substantively related to primary care, rehabilitative medicine, and/or global health.
  • Explicit statement of interest in primary care, rehabilitative medicine, and/or global health made in AMCAS and/or secondary application essays.
  • Substantive evidence of distance traveled.
  • Substantive evidence of tenacity/overcoming personal obstacles.
  • Work, scholastic or volunteer experience that has positively impacted medically underserved or vulnerable populations.
  • Work experience that demonstrates personal growth and maturity.
  • Research experience that has culminated in a favorable letter of recommendation from mentor(s) with or without related publications in the peer-reviewed literature.
  • Evidence of a well-rounded education, including classes in the humanities.

Awesome, thanks!

The stress and waiting are unquestionably difficult. For what it’s worth, I wasn’t extended an interview there until mid-March and am now a first year.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if this school will give out decisions next week?
Not the answer you're looking for, but relax, whether it's next week, the week after, or a month from now, you'll get the message when you get it. In the meantime, go have fun, don't compulsively check your email/portals, and keep being awesome.

The stress and waiting are unquestionably difficult. For what it’s worth, I wasn’t extended an interview there until mid-March and am now a first year.
That definitely is reassuring. Do you remember when you completed your secondary for this school?

II yesterday!!!! :) But y'all mine went to spam and I didn't see til today so PSA to check that folder!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users