2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed today and it was really rough. Wasn’t able to connect with my interviewers at all which really messed up my stress and anxiety causing me to stumble with questions. Expecting an R in 4-6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II last week but will be declining. I hope it goes to one of you on here!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone aware of the number of IIs that are expected to go out?

Is anyone aware of the number of IIs that are expected to go out?
From their website, they accepted 348 for 135 seats entering the class of 2020. So they probably send out interviews for at least 400 or so.

got an A today after interviewing in November and WL in December. Declining my spot, so hope it goes to one of you

Accepted today after getting WL in December

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else basically been ghosted by this school (and all its campuses) since paying the fee the first day it was available??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. But I think a lot of people are in that boat. They don't provide updates to applicants (unless you're invited to interview) and I'm pretty sure they do silent Rs
yup. i am a reapplicant to all campuses and complete silence. last year it was silence. no real rejection.

Hey guys ! I hope you are all doing great, I finally got an ii from PCOM - Georgia , I am beyond excited but I'm not sure about the ii being closed file. Do you guys have any advice on how to deal with these kinds of interviews? Id appreciate any help, Goodluck to everyone !

MCAT Bros has a group chat for accepted students DM him on Instagram or Facebook he will add you !
Definitely be careful with MCAT Bros - The user has several sexual harassment allegations and has threatened people when they came forward. I have personally received very inappropriate DM's from them, but was lucky enough to block them without any further issues.

Definitely be careful with MCAT Bros - The user has several sexual harassment allegations and has threatened people when they came forward. I have personally received very inappropriate DM's from them, but was lucky enough to block them without any further issues.
They just have an all medical schools that are accepted chat so idk why someone would wanna join that instead of the specific PCOM one.
and true I agree. Lots of sexual harassment allegations and also charges way too much for app/mcat services.

Sorry to hear that , that's not my experience with them at all , but of course it is something to keep in mind. That was just my advice.

They just have an all medical schools that are accepted chat so idk why someone would wanna join that instead of the specific PCOM one.
and true I agree. Lots of sexual harassment allegations and also charges way too much for app/mcat services.
They actually have specific ones for every DO school. But you might be right, have you checked on Facebook? Sometimes have the official entering class groups there.

i understand they are behind but most schools stop interviewing from February to April from what I’ve gathered.

Sorry to hear that , that's not my experience with them at all , but of course it is something to keep in mind. That was just my advice.
No worries! To be fair, they definitely have helped people and everyone has a different experience. This is just the unfortunate part of being on social media and I felt compelled to share to at least give people a heads up :)

Hey guys ! I hope you are all doing great, I finally got an ii from PCOM - Georgia , I am beyond excited but I'm not sure about the ii being closed file. Do you guys have any advice on how to deal with these kinds of interviews? Id appreciate any help, Goodluck to everyone !
Congrats!! Use it to your advantage. The only things your interviewers know about you is what you tell them. Be honest and open, but be aware that if you open the door for any pitfalls in your app, they can/will continue to ask questions about it. Good luck!!

Accepted from WL on Feb. 02, received email about portal update Feb. 08!
This is after interviewing in late November, I was wait-listed in late December. Thought I'd need to reapply!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on your interview! One of my best friends interviewed here a few weeks ago and he said it was a completely closed file. You get 1 hour for introduction where they go over what to expect and then admission leave you with current students to ask questions. The actual interview is 30 minutes with 2 people who know only your name and city & State you are from. It sounded like they really just want to get to know him, his interests, thoughts on healthcare in general and didn't get any specific questions from his apps or updates.

Is there class full? What is the Post interview acceptance rate?

There’s been a lot of activity this week (A’s from WL and II’s) so I’m hoping January interviewees will hear something today.

There’s been a lot of activity this week (A’s from WL and II’s) so I’m hoping January interviewees will hear something today.
yeah haha midDecember interviewees still haven’t heard so who knows

Is there class full? What is the Post interview acceptance rate?
I don’t necessarily think it’s full unless they filled it up in their first month of interviewing. They didn’t start until late October early November and nobody who’s interviewed from mid December to now has an admissions decision yet, so that would mean they filled up reaaaaally fast. However who knows, anything is possible! I sure hope not hahah.

I don’t necessarily think it’s full unless they filled it up in their first month of interviewing. They didn’t start until late October early November and nobody who’s interviewed from mid December to now has an admissions decision yet, so that would mean they filled up reaaaaally fast. However who knows, anything is possible! I sure hope not hahah.
They wouldn’t still be sending II’s if they filled up right?

Congrats on your interview! One of my best friends interviewed here a few weeks ago and he said it was a completely closed file. You get 1 hour for introduction where they go over what to expect and then admission leave you with current students to ask questions. The actual interview is 30 minutes with 2 people who know only your name and city & State you are from. It sounded like they really just want to get to know him, his interests, thoughts on healthcare in general and didn't get any specific questions from his apps or updates.
Thank you

Accepted from WL on Feb. 02, received email about portal update Feb. 08!
This is after interviewing in late November, I was wait-listed in late December. Thought I'd need to reapply!
Congrats !!!

Just got an II via email this morning, which was unexpected given that it is Saturday. MCAT was 508, undergrad GPA was 3.69.The interview slot they gave me is on Monday.

Is kcu Joplin or pcom ga better
Both KCU and PCOM are good well established schools. The Joplin campus is newer it opened in 2017 so it’s hard to say how good that specific campus is. PCOM-Ga has been around since 2005 and is more established. But you would likely do well academically at either school. It really comes down to location preferences in my opinion.

Just a heads up but I interviewed Dec 21st and I havent received a decision yet. I emailed asking when and they said we’ll hear sometime in the next week. Hopefully it’s good news, I really like this school.

Reactions: 2 users
Just a heads up but I interviewed Dec 21st and I havent received a decision yet. I emailed asking when and they said we’ll hear sometime in the next week. Hopefully it’s good news, I really like this school.

Yea not sure why they've taken so long, last year it seems like it took a couple weeks at most

Just got an interview invite here! I'm excited!

Reactions: 2 users
hello, everyone! i was accepted here, and I would really love to take it. i am only hesitant because i have heard things about rotation sites, etc.. can anyone speak to this? also, can someone tell me more about the cirriculum? thank you!

hello, everyone! i was accepted here, and I would really love to take it. i am only hesitant because i have heard things about rotation sites, etc.. can anyone speak to this? also, can someone tell me more about the cirriculum? thank you!
Congratulations!! Can I ask when you interviewed and heard back?

Current OMS-1 here. I enrolled because I couldn't get into an MD school. MCAT 504, GPA 3.8. This wasn't my first choice, but I'm here. I know a lot of my peers were re-applicants and many got in super later, like this summer to matriculate Fall 2021. That said, it's a long road so don't give up.

As I stated above, this wasn't my first choice so I'm not gun-ho about PCOM. There's a lot they need to work on. For instance, our class was the first to go through the new curriculum, PCOM-One where they merged all their campuses (Philly, GA, and SGA). GA-PCOM was the last to merge. SGA merged last year. Honestly, most of us - at GA - are constantly flipping through SGA/PA's slides to learn content info ((shared off a student run Google Sheets)) as tests are the same across all campuses. All professors from each campus agree on test questions, but we've had multiple questions dismissed from tests/quizzes because our professor (from GA) didn't cover a test question which was written by another campus prof.

That being said, everyone is still adjusting and hopefully, it will be better next year. To be truthfully honest, I wish I applied to PCOM-Philly as their rotation sites are better and you will have a better chance of matching to competitive specialties (ortho, derm, etc) - look at match lists. I've talked to our Dean at GA-PCOM and she shared that it's because GA-PCOM is new and there is a stigma in the South, so we don't have the best rotation sites - we're also competing with Emory and Morehouse, but this is a goal of hers to achieve - obtaining better rotation sites. However, we do have access to all required rotation sites, just not speciality sites (listed above) you'll need to find those opportunities on your own. On the flip side, Philly does offer speciality rotation sites because they have their own hospital. Not a bad thing, but take it into consideration.

Regardless, medical school is hard. I'll try to respond if you have any questions. All in all, I'm NOT saying don't go here. At the end of the day, you'll be a DR and that's all that should matter.
A current student talked about this a bit earlier on the thread and I know at least one other posted about being open to PM for answering questions like this :)

Congratulations!! Can I ask when you interviewed and heard back?

A current student talked about this a bit earlier on the thread and I know at least one other posted about being open to PM for answering questions like this :)
Thank you so much for finding this for me! I interviewed in December and just heard back around a month ago.