2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I am currently a second year at Touro, if any of you have any questions feel free to ask and i can answer to the best of my ability!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just had interview.. very strange. My interviewers started the interview about 10 mins late, so my interview was 20 min instead of 30. Also one of the interviewers was different than I was told in the email... Not sure if I should reach out to admissions about this. I'll probably just let it be, but I didnt get to discuss everything I wanted due to short time

Hey everyone, I am currently a second year at Touro, if any of you have any questions feel free to ask and i can answer to the best of my ability!
Hi! I have a few questions:
  1. Is attending lecture mandatory?
  2. How many days a week do you have to be on campus?
  3. Where do most students live? Is it practical to live in say, New Jersey and commute?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have a few questions:
  1. Is attending lecture mandatory?
  2. How many days a week do you have to be on campus?
  3. Where do most students live? Is it practical to live in say, New Jersey and commute?
1) Yes bc they have clicker questions put towards your grade
2) Tuesday through Thursday, and Monday is used as an exam day.
3) Most my friends that attend here live in the city, but a handful of students do commute and make it possible.

Just had interview.. very strange. My interviewers started the interview about 10 mins late, so my interview was 20 min instead of 30. Also one of the interviewers was different than I was told in the email... Not sure if I should reach out to admissions about this. I'll probably just let it be, but I didnt get to discuss everything I wanted due to short time
Oh my god!! Same here!! I felt like burying myself somewhere after I was done. I had so much to say, so little time and never got the chance :(

Oh my god!! Same here!! I felt like burying myself somewhere after I was done. I had so much to say, so little time and never got the chance :(
How far in advance did you guys receive emails re: the interviewers?

It’s so weird. I was sitting in the zoom waiting room about to email admissions thinking they forgot I had scheduled the interview lol. I guess 20 mins is better than nothing.

Does anyone know the total count on GroupMe/Facebook up until now?

Yes but don’t DO waitlists tend to move earlier since many people are finalizing MD decisions by April?

1) Yes bc they have clicker questions put towards your grade
2) Tuesday through Thursday, and Monday is used as an exam day.
3) Most my friends that attend here live in the city, but a handful of students do commute and make it possible.

In regards to mandatory attendance, how long do classes take up on Tuesday-Thursday? Generally, how many hours/week do you think students spend attending class?

Also, I've heard that Touro recently started changing attendance policies. Yes, there are still clickers, but apparently you can submit them at the end of the week sort of like an HW assignment as opposed to doing them in-class?

Touro is currently ranked really high on my list- if someone could confirm these details, I'd be stoked!

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to mandatory attendance, how long do classes take up on Tuesday-Thursday? Generally, how many hours/week do you think students spend attending class?

Also, I've heard that Touro recently started changing attendance policies. Yes, there are still clickers, but apparently you can submit them at the end of the week sort of like an HW assignment as opposed to doing them in-class?

Touro is currently ranked really high on my list- if someone could confirm these details, I'd be stoked!

Interested in this as well. Also, what does a typical test day consist of?

This is gonna sound hella crazy. Nontrad here

Submitted my PRIMARY 2/16 got secondary 2/18, got put on HOLD received email from adcam, got taken off of a hold and then 5 minutes later got an interview invite for right now in March.

Good news or nah?

In your first year, classes on average go from 8/9-3/4ish depending on the day. Mondays and Fridays are exam days (usually 1 a week for first years, sometimes 2). Each week can be different depending on if there is an OSCE, Labs, etc. Classes are mandatory in your first year, and they become more voluntary as you enter your second year. (There is hardly any attendance for lectures in the second year). Most clickers are in person in the first year and clickers become online quizzes your second year for most classes.

I do want to add there are still mandatory classes and labs in your second year such as OMM, Physical Diagnosis, and Medical Simulation. These are more hands-on classes. Didactic lectures become more voluntary in your 2nd year.

Hesitantly withdrawing my A here soon for another program, hope the spot goes to one of you. Good luck future docs :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For those who were accepted or waitlisted recently, how long after your interview were you informed?

Waitlisted today, hoping for some good news in the future 💗 I interviewed on 2/13, a little over 4 weeks for the response.

Good luck to everyone else who interviewed!!

Interviewed Feb 8, waitlisted March 16. Good luck everybody! 🤞🤞

Reactions: 2 users
So what happens now (or has been happening) is that it’s going to be mostly WL. They usually wait until the current masters class finish (I wanna say late April, early may) to see who matriculates into the program. They wanna make sure there’s space. This year might have more movement than normal simply bc the masters class is a lot smaller, with probably ~20 students matriculating as opposed to the norm ~35.

Reactions: 2 users
So what happens now (or has been happening) is that it’s going to be mostly WL. They usually wait until the current masters class finish (I wanna say late April, early may) to see who matriculates into the program. They wanna make sure there’s space. This year might have more movement than normal simply bc the masters class is a lot smaller, with probably ~20 students matriculating as opposed to the norm ~35.
Thank you for the insight. Why do you say ~20 students from masters class this year?

Thank you for the insight. Why do you say ~20 students from masters class this year?
Based on the way the Masters program grading works, usually 1/3 of the class makes the cut for the gpa. This years class is about 60 students (normally I believe it’s around double the size). I think the highest percent they took was the year before mine (which is now the class of 2024) which was about 40%.

Anyone have an idea on what the post-ii A rate is like here? I cant find any recent info

Anyone else stressed about trying to find housing in NYC if they get a late acceptance?

Anyone else stressed about trying to find housing in NYC if they get a late acceptance?
I'm very worried about housing lol. I narrowed down my A's to one school and TCOM-Harlem at the moment (once I hear back from my TCOM interview lol). I'm freaking out about housing. I live in North NJ so if worst comes to worst I can commute to TCOM at least but I haven't committed to housing at the other school since im waiting on TCOM.

Are they still sending out interviews or is it pretty much done?

Are they still sending out interviews or is it pretty much done?

I received an Interview invite 2 weeks ago. The latest interview date i saw was April 3rd i believe. I also applied REALLY late (2/16)

Can any current students speak on recommended computers? Unfortunately my personal Mac just died on me yesterday. I was hoping to have it run until this summer when we might find out more information about recommended devices. Any input on certain capabilities that are useful (if the school doesn’t recommend a certain brand or model) would be helpful :)

Guys I just sent secondary. Can i still get interview ?

Can any current students speak on recommended computers? Unfortunately my personal Mac just died on me yesterday. I was hoping to have it run until this summer when we might find out more information about recommended devices. Any input on certain capabilities that are useful (if the school doesn’t recommend a certain brand or model) would be helpful :)
You’re able to use either Mac or windows. A lot of ppl use macs. A handful of ppl uses a Microsoft surface. I personally use a iPad Pro 11 inch as my go to. The exam software has an app that works for the iPad. I like that it’s relatively lightweight and I combined it with the Apple keyboard for the laptop function. I also have a Mac mini at home when I do need desktop functions

You’re able to use either Mac or windows. A lot of ppl use macs. A handful of ppl uses a Microsoft surface. I personally use a iPad Pro 11 inch as my go to. The exam software has an app that works for the iPad. I like that it’s relatively lightweight and I combined it with the Apple keyboard for the laptop function. I also have a Mac mini at home when I do need desktop functions
Thank you so much!

WL just now. Interviewed 3/13. The wait begins!

Does anyone know how much of the incoming class has already been filled? I just got WL today and I’m really hoping there is a lot of movement on the waitlist 🤞🏼

• Care
Does anyone know how much of the incoming class has already been filled? I just got WL today and I’m really hoping there is a lot of movement on the waitlist 🤞🏼
Their class of 2027 group on Facebook is at 46 now. I’m not part of it. So I don’t know anything about the ratio of seniors to accepted students. I also don’t know how much to rely on that number.

Wait I interviewed on 3/13 and I haven't heard anything, unsure if this is a good or a bad thing lol. Did you guys get an email with a decision or did you see it in portal?

Wait I interviewed on 3/13 and I haven't heard anything, unsure if this is a good or a bad thing lol. Did you guys get an email with a decision or did you see it in portal?
It's not a bad thing... It took me around 9 weeks to hear back