2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's interesting. I didn't know schools could ask that in their secondaries. I honestly doubt, they would check you if you lied and said you never got accepted anywhere else. Faculty and staff at medical school are so busy and overworked. They have many problems. If you know a friend or trustworthy person that is currently a student at PCOM, I challenge you ask them how they feel about the program.

Also, I should mention that it kinda matters what specialty you want to go in. If you wanna do primary care, family med, internal med, emergency med, or pediatrics, I think you'll be fine at become. You'll prolly be more stressed than if you went to another school, but you could make it. It is difficult to match into competitive residencies at PCOM. Don't take my word for it, go look at PCOM's match list and then go look at any other MD schools match list in georgia. I will say that PCOM-Philly does better in match though.
I doubt they would check too, but it’s a risk someone should weigh before taking it. However, since the DO schools are centralized under AACOM, they have a database to see who has paid a deposit later on in the year. Perhaps there is a way to withdraw before that date to avoid getting out on the list but that sounds like more headache than it is worth:

I have not heard any issues with PCOM and usually these things crop up online when people feel safe to expose it annoymously like with LECOM and Nova. Is there something like that going on here?

As for the match list, it is a given that MD can open more doors. You’re not giving much info, and saying that any other MD school has a better match in GA is pointless. Emory is very tough to get into, and even if a student is in-state there, the public medical schools are still difficult to gain admissions. Even with an MD, not everyone who wants ortho or derm is going to get it. The vast majority who have an initial interest have to go a different route once it becomes time to apply for residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!!! So excited and grateful! It's my first A ever (I'm on my second cycle of med school apps)!

Is there an accepted-students groupme or Facebook?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saying this person seems to have some sort of personal issue with PCOM. Just be weary.
Haven't heard back from this person but am curious to know their thoughts on this program

Haven't heard back from this person but am curious to know their thoughts on this program
They have remained tight-lipped and haven’t said anything despite being asked. I didn’t see them in last years thread either while trying to see if there were previously reported problems.

I think PCOM was changing the curriculum to make exams and stuff standardized across all the campuses and that’s caused a headache. Nothing else so far.

Reactions: 1 users
I think PCOM was changing the curriculum to make exams and stuff standardized across all the campuses and that’s caused a headache. Nothing else so far.
Yeah, it's called PCOM ONE. I don't know how South Georgia has felt, but there was/are definitely issues on the Suwanee campus with it. Some people have had more issues with it than others, but there are systemic issues with the approach and some of it has already been cleaned up I've heard. I think there's also the problem that as of right now literally every single active class has had a different curriculum in the preclinical years so the help from upperclassmen is only for generic things now instead of the specifics that use to be available.

Just saying this person seems to have some sort of personal issue with PCOM. Just be weary.
Great point, since I am only one person. If you know anyone who goes/went to PCOM that you trust would give you an honest opinion, then I would strongly recommend you talk to them as well.

Great point, since I am only one person. If you know anyone who goes/went to PCOM that you trust would give you an honest opinion, then I would strongly recommend you talk to them as well.
Yeah- i hope you didn’t take offense to what I said or anything!! I just noticed you seem to be a little upset and so that may produce a biased opinion! However it is good to hear all sides so thank you for offering your opinion to those who ask for it!!

The problem is that most people don’t. So anonymous opinions like on here are a big help. Haven’t see another one yet and you didn’t write anything in detail, so we’re kind of let in the dark and I would want to know if this school should be on the “bad list” like Nova

Waitlisted today. Interview 12/1

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah- i hope you didn’t take offense to what I said or anything!! I just noticed you seem to be a little upset and so that may produce a biased opinion! However it is good to hear all sides so thank you for offering your opinion to those who ask for it!!
Of course not. Years ago I was in a rush to get into med school. I thought “why wait another year and how tiresome it would be to re-apply and re-interview another year. I went to my only acceptance, which was PCOM. I am upset, but only at myself. When I was applying to med school, I saw one or two warnings from previous PCOM students on SDN, but I ignored them. Like everyone else on here, I really wanted to get into med school. So every time I read a negative comment, I lied to myself and thought “oh, it can't be that bad” or “any med school acceptance is an acceptance, right?”.

Of course not. Years ago I was in a rush to get into med school. I thought “why wait another year and how tiresome it would be to re-apply and re-interview another year. I went to my only acceptance, which was PCOM. I am upset, but only at myself. When I was applying to med school, I saw one or two warnings from previous PCOM students on SDN, but I ignored them. Like everyone else on here, I really wanted to get into med school. So every time I read a negative comment, I lied to myself and thought “oh, it can't be that bad” or “any med school acceptance is an acceptance, right?”.
I'm sorry to hear you've had a not-so-great experience. Like others have said though, if you could share more in detail (or whatever you're comfortable with) why you feel the way you do, I do think it would help a lot of prospective students. It seems like you regret your decision to attend PCOM even as an only-acceptance. That is quite a loaded suggestion. Could you elaborate more on this?

Reactions: 2 users
If you get accepted to a school with known strong rotations/clerkships, I’d choose that. Otherwise, this school is fine and certainly on more solid footing than the newer DO programs.

What kinds of stats are currently interviewing here? I am just curious as to why I have not yet been chosen for an interview. I would really like to interview here.

What kinds of stats are currently interviewing here? I am just curious as to why I have not yet been chosen for an interview. I would really like to interview here.
I interviewed mid-Nov with 3.6x GPA and 511

II! So excited. Got waitlisted at the South GA campus and I’m beyond ready for round 2.

IS, complete in September.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people have dropped after year 1? Or even after the first semester?

Withdrew my II! Good luck everyone!

• Care
withdrew my A from here! hope my seat goes to one of you good luck!!

• Care
Also got II yesterday. Completed 8/24

Has anyone figured out when the committee meets?

anyone else obsessively checking email for an admissions decision? 6 weeks is tomorrow and I know with the holidays and everything maybe it’s delayed but omg the suspense is killing me

Wow congrats!! Do you mind sharing your gpa?
Overall was around a 3.65 and science was close to 3.8, but I did have a ton of extra curricular, research and clinical hours that definitely act as my saving grace

I’m also sub 500 and got an interview invite today. Does anyone know if they let you change the day for the interview? I’m scheduled to work on the day mentioned in the email.

Just canceled my interview and withdrew my application! Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard of any decisions going out lately?
I emailed last week and they said 1-2 weeks so hopefully we should hear this week but next at the latest.