2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! Is there any orientation prior to that or is 7/31 the first day overall?
Based on an email I received, orientation is expected to be taking place the week prior, from 7/24 - 7/28!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody. My names Raymond and I am a second year at TouroCOM at Harlem. Im also a former masters (Touro MS program). I did this last year as well and now that I have a bit of free time, if anyone has questions, Ill try to answer them as best as I can.

For 3rd year clinical rotation sites, have you heard of anyone swapping with the Middletown campus or setting up an external rotation location? Are there some locations that take a much larger % of students, eg 30% go to Harlem Hospital Center or something like that? Thanks!

For 3rd year clinical rotation sites, have you heard of anyone swapping with the Middletown campus or setting up an external rotation location? Are there some locations that take a much larger % of students, eg 30% go to Harlem Hospital Center or something like that? Thanks!
Hi. So I’m going to be starting my rotations at Coney Island Hospital starting July. There are 12 people total at that site which is what most of the hospital have. The two largest site are Harlem and Staten Island hospital which have 24 people. There is an option to switch rotation sites with MT and I’m guessing Montana (when it’s fully operational) provided both parties agree to the switch. There were a couple of people that I know who did swap this year. I know that MT does have a site that takes like 60 ppl but Harlem doesn’t have a site that takes that many.

Hi. So I’m going to be starting my rotations at Coney Island Hospital starting July. There are 12 people total at that site which is what most of the hospital have. The two largest site are Harlem and Staten Island hospital which have 24 people. There is an option to switch rotation sites with MT and I’m guessing Montana (when it’s fully operational) provided both parties agree to the switch. There were a couple of people that I know who did swap this year. I know that MT does have a site that takes like 60 ppl but Harlem doesn’t have a site that takes that many.

Really helpful, thanks! Just out of curiosity, do you know the Middletown site with 60?

Do we have to go to the second look May 7th, if we know that we're going and we have no further questions? I paid the deposit, but my paranoia makes me feel like they'll rescind my offer if I don't go lol.

I don't have questions from students as the med students here have been a great resource (thank you so much btw).

Do we have to go to the second look May 7th, if we know that we're going and we have no further questions? I paid the deposit, but my paranoia makes me feel like they'll rescind my offer if I don't go lol.

I don't have questions from students as the med students here have been a great resource (thank you so much btw).
I feel like it's not mandatory.. what I'm getting from their emails is that if the deposit is paid, then you're all set. I'm probably gonna drop in tomorrow for a bit to see what it's like, otherwise I'll be doing my own thing and enjoying the weather lol

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get an email to confirm interest in staying on the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt get the email either but I already confirmed interest last week via a LOI. Might be why we didnt get an email.

People who got this email - did you send a letter of interest?
Nope, I was gonna send one until they started telling people that they’re not accepting letters and only want one sentence so I didn’t want to send an LOI and piss them off 😂. I didn’t send an LOI but still got that email asking me if I’m still interested

I sent an LOI on May 1st since the initial WL email said not to send anything until May and they told me they weren't accepting letters, but my email was enough to indicate interest. Then I got off the waitlist on 5/5.

So it seems WL movement started, but I have no idea what they want with waitlisted students reaching out for interest.

Reactions: 6 users
Is anybody else concerned about them already sending out that email? Looking at last years thread, they didn't send that letter out about confirming further interest until May 16th... I sent a LOI on May 1st so I didn't receive it, but it feels like a sign that there is going to be significantly less waitlist movement this year. Perhaps they have many more people who are committed to enroll than last year at this time.

Is anybody else concerned about them already sending out that email? Looking at last years thread, they didn't send that letter out about confirming further interest until May 16th... I sent a LOI on May 1st so I didn't receive it, but it feels like a sign that there is going to be significantly less waitlist movement this year. Perhaps they have many more people who are committed to enroll than last year at this time.
It seems a little different this time, yes. They sent a few acceptances in the first week of May last cycle. Although we see one person that got off the waitlist, there may be many others not on sdn. 🤷‍♀️

It seems a little different this time, yes. They sent a few acceptances in the first week of May last cycle. Although we see one person that got off the waitlist, there may be many others not on sdn. 🤷‍♀️
I'm also confused bc only some people got that email, so I'm wondering what that even means. Some people sent an LOI and didn't get that email but there are people who didn't send one and also didn't get that email. And then some people sent an LOI and still got the email. All of this combined with the fact that tourocom says they're no longer accepting letters even though the WL email says they would be starting May makes my brain hurt

• Sad
In case anyone was nervous about sending a LOI after last week, I sent a LOI this morning and they just said thanks. So maybe this week they are starting to accept LOI 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
In case anyone was nervous about sending a LOI after last week, I sent a LOI this morning and they just said thanks. So maybe this week they are starting to accept LOI 🤷‍♀️
So what the hell do we do now? Should we resend an LOI even though they said the email last week was enough for them to know? This is so confusing. The email last week was like we arent accepting letters but this email is enough.

So what the hell do we do now? Should we resend an LOI even though they said the email last week was enough for them to know? This is so confusing. The email last week was like we arent accepting letters but this email is enough.
if you already sent one I wouldn't resend it, because I'm sure they got it. Now anyone who hasn't sent one yet who might want to now, I have NO idea how they're going to perceive it

I just sent a subject line response like they asked for the WL.

just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you!! GL to everyone!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Will be withdrawing my A today, Hope it goes to someone here!!

their 2nd deposit is due this Sunday, so there might be more movement next week.

Does anyone know how to reach the admissions office? Every time I call (during business hours) it goes straight to voicemail. Any ideas?

Does anyone know how generous this school is with financial aid or need based scholarships?

Just got off the waitlist!! Good luck to everyone it's been such a wild ride!

• Love
Just got off the waitlist!! Good luck to everyone it's been such a wild ride!
Congrats!!!! Did you send an LOI or did you get an email asking if youre still interested?

Congrats everyone! What time did you receive the emails? Trying to find out if there was one wave or if they are continuously sending out As today.

Congrats!!!! Did you send an LOI or did you get an email asking if youre still interested?
I sent an LOI email (two sentences) last week of April, then I got a "Are you still interested email" last week.

Just got an A off the waitlist!! Anyone looking for a roommate?

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and if you sent a LOI?

Is touro accepting letters of interest? I already sent a letter of intent to another school and I can’t seem to allow myself to send multiple.