2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me, my interviewers were stone faced and emotionless. I got in though
Same here. Was convinced it was going horribly based on the looks on their faces. Got an A 6 weeks later

Members don't see this ad.

This was also in my waitlist letter! However, I'm not sure if this means they have a lot of waitlist movement or not.
I read somewhere that they accepted189 students last year to fill the class of 52(?) spots. Idk how many get waitlisted though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was accepted back in February and received an invitation earlier this week to interview with the GA campus. I was pleasantly suprised because I wasn't sure if I was still being considered. I would really appreciate it if a current student at the SGA campus could talk about their experience so far and if there are any major differences between SGA and GA (besides location) that I should take into consideration. Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my A here. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got an interview invite right now wish me luck guys !

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone who interviewed here could elaborate more on how the interviews were, I would really appreciate it !

If anyone who interviewed here could elaborate more on how the interviews were, I would really appreciate it !
My interview had two interviewers and lasted about 35-40 minutes. It was very conversational. Just really go in and be yourself. I didn't get the typical medical school questions, but they weren't difficult to answer. Really gave me an opprotunity to give answers that were less rehearsed and more honest.

mind sharing stats?

Yeah I don’t mind I have a 3.92 gpa in bio medical sciences at USF, my mcat is 496 .
I’m a tutor for cell metabolism, biochemistry, and a TA for CPR, AED, and First aid for pediatrics and adults. I also worked as a certified emergency medical responder for a year and a half and started an ambulance like medical response unit on campus to respond to emergencies on campus.
I was also the VP in both AMSA and UEMSA organizations on campus.
I also have lots of shadowing hours not only in the US but outside the country as well in multiple specialties.
I have also directed the heart walk for American heart association , light the night walk for Leukemia and lymphoma society, relay for life , Brandon head start, and volunteered in nursing homes.
I applied in august and honestly thought they would reject me being this late in the cycle but I guess they looked at my entire application holistically and not just my MCAT.
Very grateful tbh, I hope my interview goes well.

Yeah I don’t mind I have a 3.92 gpa in bio medical sciences at USF, my mcat is 496 .
I’m a tutor for cell metabolism, biochemistry, and a TA for CPR, AED, and First aid for pediatrics and adults. I also worked as a certified emergency medical responder for a year and a half and started an ambulance like medical response unit on campus to respond to emergencies on campus.
I was also the VP in both AMSA and UEMSA organizations on campus.
I also have lots of shadowing hours not only in the US but outside the country as well in multiple specialties.
I have also directed the heart walk for American heart association , light the night walk for Leukemia and lymphoma society, relay for life , Brandon head start, and volunteered in nursing homes.
I applied in august and honestly thought they would reject me being this late in the cycle but I guess they looked at my entire application holistically and not just my MCAT.
Very grateful tbh, I hope my interview goes well.
wow congrats! do you have other interviews or A's?
Also I know you'll crush the interview and get that A!! <3

Members don't see this ad :)
wow congrats! do you have other interviews or A's?
Also I know you'll crush the interview and get that A!! QUOTE]

I’ve been accepted to SGU (MD) and John Hopkins for a masters in anatomical sciences but no DO interviews I applied to 20 DO schools in august because I just love OMM. 3 rejected me in September (Florida schools) and the rest are dead silent till now this is the first interview invite I get from the 17 schools left. Hopefully they start rolling in when people withdraw their acceptances. Good luck to everyone here. Don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
It was conversational but they also asked standard medical school interview questions. It might be helpful to check out the interview feedback page on sdn. Be yourself and let them see you're genuinely interested. I wish you all the best!

Very conversational. It’s closed file so they only know what you tell them. For example, I’m a RN so my interview took a healthcare turn but it was still very lighthearted and relaxed. You can tell they want you to do well and aren’t try to trick you. They just genuinely want to get to know you. I thought of it like this: you might be the doctor taking care of them one day. Be yourself and have fun. You got this!

Does anyone know where exactly the clinical rotation sites are for this school?

Does anyone know where we can get our interviewers emails for thank you notes ?

Withdrew my A, hopefully one of y’all gets it!

Reactions: 5 users
How long did it take for you guys to hear back from the school after the interview for those who interviewed after January ?

Did anyone send an email trying to confirm interviewers names? I emailed same day as my interview and still haven’t gotten an email back to confirm names.

Most schools are sending that their cycle is closed so I believe so.

Anyone know how waitlist movement works/when is the deadline to commit

Anyone know how waitlist movement works/when is the deadline to commit
I'm not sure about the waitlist movement, but I know when I got the offer letter I had 2 weeks to pay the first deposit and then until April 15th to pay the 2nd deposit. The 2nd deposit is what confirms your place in the class.

Waitlisted 4/13. Interviewed 4/1. They are moving fast. Hopefully waitlist movement happens fast too 😊

• Care
Hey I interviewed 4/1 too, did they email or call you ?
I checked my portal randomly early this morning and saw an update. Then I received an email to check my portal at around 10am. That was was after I had already responded to the waitlist so I think the email might be automated.

Officially released my seat. I hope it goes to one of you all, best of luck!

• Care
II today. Might turn it down. I need to speak to current students.

Accepted! Interviewed 4/1, waitlisted 4/13. I can’t believe this is happening! I’m in shock but so excited to finally have my first acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Turned down my II. Hope it goes out to someone on here!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope they release decisions soon for April 1st interviews the stress and anticipation are killing me.

Anyone here interviewed on the first of April ? Have you heard anything from the school yet ?

Just got waitlisted ! Interviewed April first

• Care
Just got waitlisted ! Interviewed April first
May-June will have movement so keep your hopes up. Did they notify you this evening? If so, it’s interesting that decisions sometimes go on the portal at night.

Yes there was nothing in the morning. They must have have posted it in the afternoon. Hoping for movement!