2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an A this morning! Interviewed 10/20. It's been a long road - best of luck to everyone still waiting (especially you, BigPremedGuy)!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So they didn't send a mass email? They are sending it in waves? I thought they don't start looking at OOS people for II until like Feb/March?
Yeah I thought so too.... I applied MD/MPH. Submitted app 7/13 but marked complete 9/24 (for whatever odd reason in that time delay) and have had silence. I know my R is coming :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lets get this bread this year team. Application Number 2 engage
View attachment 336454
If the questions on the supplemental are the same, do you just copy-paste? I mean, yeah, could probably tweak it a bit but there couldn’t be too much tweaking to do. (Except of course the personal question on how you’ve improved, etc.)

Got an A this morning! Interviewed 10/20. It's been a long road - best of luck to everyone still waiting (especially you, BigPremedGuy)!
CONGRATS!! and thanks haha:rofl: I hope to call you CLASSMATE soon. But regardless I'm super happy for you. I feel a weird sense of camaraderie with other October interviewers lol

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted. I can't believe it's real. I haven't stopped crying/wheezing since I heard this morning. Thank you for being such a supportive thread y'all. <3
CONGRATS!! Been rooting for you, fellow Ghibli enjoyer❤️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS!! Been rooting for you, fellow Ghibli enjoyer❤️
Thank you @BigPremedGuy !! You're in my thoughts. I hope you bring home that 'A' soon dude. <3

Also, love love love Studio Ghibli - especially My Neighbor Totoro (hence the pfp). Do you have a favorite Ghibli film?

• Love
ok is it just me or did anyone else (who received an R today) think that the letter was kinda harsh? lmaooo At least mine was... it gave a list of all of the things they look for in an applicant and said that I don't meet ANY of the above requirements... haha. At least lie to me and tell me I'm impressive haha.

I'm ok. I've been lucky to receive other acceptances. But I laughed when I read it.

Reactions: 1 users
CONGRATS!! and thanks haha:rofl: I hope to call you CLASSMATE soon. But regardless I'm super happy for you. I feel a weird sense of camaraderie with other October interviewers lol
I'm really rooting for you!!! Your posts seriously got me outta my depths of despair during the past 3 month wait :lol:

• Care
Hey guys, I got rejected today (RIP) post-interview. Interviewed 11/19. MCAT 507 GPA 3.75. I had felt that my interview was pretty damn good but I guess not! I have not called yet to ask them specifics on why I was rejected. Thankfully I have another acceptance at COMP-NW so I will be your DO bone wizard buddy down south in Lebanon this year. Hope someone here gets the slot that I was interviewing for! Best of luck!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you @BigPremedGuy !! You're in my thoughts. I hope you bring home that 'A' soon dude. <3

Also, love love love Studio Ghibli - especially My Neighbor Totoro (hence the pfp). Do you have a favorite Ghibli film?
Princess Mononoke, but Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are close tie for #2:)

• Love
Hey guys, I got rejected today (RIP) post-interview. Interviewed 11/19. MCAT 507 GPA 3.75. I had felt that my interview was pretty damn good but I guess not! I have not called yet to ask them specifics on why I was rejected. Thankfully I have another acceptance at COMP-NW so I will be your DO bone wizard buddy down south in Lebanon this year. Hope someone here gets the slot that I was interviewing for! Best of luck!
Lebanon is a cool area (I'm partial to Corvallis!) and COMP is a great school. They're becoming really competitive its crazy. Congrats DOC!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ok is it just me or did anyone else (who received an R today) think that the letter was kinda harsh? lmaooo At least mine was... it gave a list of all of the things they look for in an applicant and said that I don't meet ANY of the above requirements... haha. At least lie to me and tell me I'm impressive haha.

I'm ok. I've been lucky to receive other acceptances. But I laughed when I read it.
Do you feel comfortable sharing the wording? Granted, I'll see it soon enough lol. I'm curious to see/maybe it will help applicants in the future to see waht "requirements" they need

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone getting in and my condolences to those rejecting. Interviewed week of 10/25 and still not a peep so I hope my time is coming but no news is good news I guess?

Congrats to everyone getting in and my condolences to those rejecting. Interviewed week of 10/25 and still not a peep so I hope my time is coming but no news is good news I guess?
Same here. Crossing my fingers for a response soon!

Pre-II R at about 8:30 last night complete mid-July OOS. Good luck to everyone still in the running!!

Pre-II R yesterday. I'm a WA resident and what I consider a member of one of their mission aligned groups. Best of luck everyone! <3

• Care
Has anyone who interviewed in October still waiting for an update?

it looks like they got the early complete date people. They coming for us late complete date people.

I just got an II for MD/MPH and I have no ties to Oregon, Interview is in Mid Feb

• Love
Has anyone else been unable to access their site for some days now? They sent me some sort of update (an R I assume) but their site has been down every single time I've tried to access it.

Has anyone else been unable to access their site for some days now? They sent me some sort of update (an R I assume) but their site has been down every single time I've tried to access it.
I have been able to access but OHSU has disregarded my existence so maybe that’s a good sign for you?

Has anyone else been unable to access their site for some days now? They sent me some sort of update (an R I assume) but their site has been down every single time I've tried to access
When I got the "check your portal for an update" email, the link in that email didn't work. However, the link in my secondary application invitation email still worked and I was able to sign in through that. I would try accessing the portal that way!

I was complete late August, also OOS, also WA head, also mission based (i think) - I wish I hadn't invested so much hope in this one but I have. Really hope I and all other OOS heads (esp west coasters) get a chance to interview here!

Surely the fabled October 14/25 interviewer is at the Adcom meeting as we speak. Surely. They're totally talking about how we'd all be great fits. For sure.

Reactions: 5 users
Surely the fabled October 14/25 interviewer is at the Adcom meeting as we speak. Surely. They're totally talking about how we'd all be great fits. For sure.
Yes. All of my fingers are crossed right now!

Hello! Are there any current OHSU students on this thread that could tell me a little bit more about your rotation schedules?

Here's what I'm wondering:
-Are most rotations on-site at OHSU or do some happen at other hospitals?
-If I remember correctly, one rotation has to be in a rural area, could you give me any examples of some of the rural clinics/options?

Thank you for your help! Just trying to gather more information.

BD9CCE75-B24F-46F7-9BF9-B18DA549D62E.jpeg

Happy Friday guys

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
A email today! Very unexpected but so exciting. Love the program and everyone I've interacted with at OHSU.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got a hold today. OOS with strong ties, 508 MCAT and 3.5 gpa
Interviewed the week of 10/25

Reactions: 4 users
Is there any news of a second look weekend? Also, timeline to all As being released?

Last edited:
A at 10:30ish this morning - got an email and checked portal to confirm. Interviewed last week of October, never placed on hold. I’ve got my fingers crossed for the rest of you!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
A at 10:30ish this morning - got an email and checked portal to confirm. Interviewed last week of October, never placed on hold. I’ve got my fingers crossed for the rest of you!
That's awesome! Was the update in your portal dated today as well, or did the email come a few days after?

YES CONGRATS! That’s amazing

Thank you! It’s your turn next!
I definitely told my fiancé that decisions won’t come on Wednesdays😂, guess I gotta stop trying to find a pattern when there isn’t one

I definitely told my fiancé that decisions won’t come on Wednesdays😂, guess I gotta stop trying to find a pattern when there isn’t one
Yeah I wasn’t even actively checking my email because I figured it didn’t make sense without a Thursday committee meeting - just got a push notification to my phone. But I have high hopes for you!!

• Love
Congratulations!!! So happy for you.

That's awesome! Was the update in your portal dated today as well, or did the email come a few days after?
Sorry missed this earlier! I believe it was updated today as well - I think I checked it yesterday and there wasn’t any change yet.

• Love
For those of you who sent thank you letters, did you send physical letters to Kari? Or did you just send an email? I’m just confused because she made it seem like we could send physical letters but then didn’t supply us with an address?