2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I interviewed on January 7th and sent my thank you email after the interview to [email protected]. I have not received a reply back. Is this normal or should I send it again? I have had two other interviews and I received replies from the interviewers and admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else have the option to upload a headshot? I received an email a couple days ago stating that this was added to my portal, but my secondary was complete otherwise months ago....

Does anyone else have the option to upload a headshot? I received an email a couple days ago stating that this was added to my portal, but my secondary was complete otherwise months ago....
Same. I got this email to upload a headshot as well. I’m like where’s the II at?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I interviewed on January 7th and sent my thank you email after the interview to [email protected]. I have not received a reply back. Is this normal or should I send it again? I have had two other interviews and I received replies from the interviewers and admissions committee.
Hi, I have also sent thank you documents to that email and they did not respond. I dont think you need to expect a response :)

Reactions: 2 users
II today, scheduled for early March. Does anyone have any interview tips? Morehouse is my top choice!

II today, scheduled for early March. Does anyone have any interview tips? Morehouse is my top choice!
As cliche as it sounds, do not stress and be yourself! Beyond that, read through your application and the SDN interview feedback page. Understand the format, and I recommend doing a mock interview or two. Good luck!

How is the interview like for MUSM? I see that there will be 2 interviews, 1 hour each. I'm not sure if I can even speak for that long 😅

How is the interview like for MUSM? I see that there will be 2 interviews, 1 hour each. I'm not sure if I can even speak for that long 😅
It really depends on how you and your interviewer vibe. I think I only used half the time with each interview.

I interviewed on the 1st as well and I still haven’t heard anything back either.
I emailed them to ask when we should expect to hear back and did not get a response. I’m starting to worry since they told us we’ll hear back early January…

I emailed them to ask when we should expect to hear back and did not get a response. I’m starting to worry since they told us we’ll hear back early January…
Try not to worry! I think that whether we are accepted or rejected, we still get an email.

Try not to worry! I think that whether we are accepted or rejected, we still get an email.
Just some hope-

I got my decision email on a Wednesday around 12:30 pm EST. so today may be the day!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any interview tips? I have my interview scheduled for tomorrow and kinda stressing out

Any interview tips? I have my interview scheduled for tomorrow and kinda stressing out
Hey! Try not to stress. They do a GREAT job at making you feel relaxed. Just be yourself &’ be confident. It goes by really quickly!! You got this &’ good luck!!

Interviewed here today, and absolutely loved it!! Morehouse is definitely a top choice :)

Reactions: 4 users
Would anybody know if in-person lectures are mandatory at MSM? And how often are students required to be on campus, both considering with COVID restrictions and potentially when things get back to normal?

Would anybody know if in-person lectures are mandatory at MSM? And how often are students required to be on campus, both considering with COVID restrictions and potentially when things get back to normal?
From the student call we had on interview day, I think they said the lectures are recorded and there are some that are mandatory… they also said that it could change depending on covid

How long did it take accepted students to hear back ? Approximately? The admissions committee said “end of February at the latest” for my 1/21 interview date

How long did it take accepted students to hear back ? Approximately? The admissions committee said “end of February at the latest” for my 1/21 interview date
interviewed in November, took exactly 1 month for me. If I remember correctly, they mentioned that my group would hear back by January.

So is there no hope for waitlist movement before April/May?

Has anyone gotten an II here yet with a sub 500 MCAT?

To Current students who were waitlisted in their cycle or current applicants currently waitlisted:
Does Entra fill up or will there be enough spaces for those potentially accepted off the waitlist? How did/are you guys going about housing if given less than 1 month to move and no spaces at Entra?

To Current students who were waitlisted in their cycle or current applicants currently waitlisted:
Does Entra fill up or will there be enough spaces for those potentially accepted off the waitlist? How did/are you guys going about housing if given less than 1 month to move and no spaces at Entra?
If I am accepted, I will first cry. Then, I will most likely find an apartment off campus.

Manifesting an A here!!! I love you Morehouse let’s make this happen baby!

I interviewed on 1/7 and the waiting is the hardest part :( I am manifesting and praying for good news for all of us!!!!!!!!! May our medical school dreams come true <3

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Do y’all think it would look bad to send a letter of intent to morehouse while waiting on a decision from my interview? Morehouse is my top choice but I also don’t know if it would look bad to send it so early

Do y’all think it would look bad to send a letter of intent to morehouse while waiting on a decision from my interview? Morehouse is my top choice but I also don’t know if it would look bad to send it so early
Definitely send it before. It can not do anything after if they reject u. I sent my letter of interest before decisions were supposed to come out. they said during my interview let them know if you are really interested in their school.

Definitely send it before. It can not do anything after if they reject u. I sent my letter of interest before decisions were supposed to come out. they said during my interview let them know if you are really interested in their school.
Perfect, I’m gonna send it then … thank you !!

Just accepted !! I can’t stop crying… I literally told them it would be the best birthday gift during my interview day too

Good luck to everyone 🤍

Reactions: 3 users
I was waitlisted back in December and just received an acceptance! I didn't know they were having waitlist movement this early??

Reactions: 6 users
I was waitlisted back in December and just received an acceptance! I didn't know they were having waitlist movement this early??
Neither did I. I was waitlisted in November.