2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y’all, idk if this is a stupid question lol but how does the letter of intent work?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi y’all, idk if this is a stupid question lol but how does the letter of intent work?
usually after you interview, before you wait your decision or if you are waitlisted then you send a letter of intent. Basically you highlight why this school and say that if accepted you plan to attend and will withdraw the rest of your apps.

usually after you interview, before you wait your decision or if you are waitlisted then you send a letter of intent. Basically you highlight why this school and say that if accepted you plan to attend and will withdraw the rest of your apps.
sorry i should have been more specific, i know what a letter of intent is and everything. But I was accepted and if i’m not mistaken I remember during my interview Dr. Jordon saying something about a letter of intent and then also seeing something on the website about a letter of intent even after you’re accepted. But maybe I just misinterpreted the whole thing so disregard if I did lol

sorry i should have been more specific, i know what a letter of intent is and everything. But I was accepted and if i’m not mistaken I remember during my interview Dr. Jordon saying something about a letter of intent and then also seeing something on the website about a letter of intent even after you’re accepted. But maybe I just misinterpreted the whole thing so disregard if I did lol
My advisor said a letter of intent to matriculate is a different. I sent an email basically saying I accept the offer and plan to matriculate next year 4 sentences total.

Is there an accepted students group chat? Also Has anyone applied to housing it looks like it says online leasing is unavailable but we have to apply w/i 2 weeks of acceptance

Is there an accepted students group chat? Also Has anyone applied to housing it looks like it says online leasing is unavailable but we have to apply w/i 2 weeks of acceptance
wait you have to apply to housing within two weeks of acceptance? so if you're accepted this month you cant wait to see how the rest of the cycle pans out?

I didn't apply for housing because the portal has said it's unavailable. I was hoping they would send an update about that. It seems a bit unreasonable to apply for housing this early in the cycle without any financial aid information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing from my spot, I hope you guys have a great cycle! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if January interviews are considered late?
(I didn't take my SJT until the last September date, so I'm worried it slowed everything down for me)

If on alternate list is it worthwhile to send a letter of interest/intent?

anybody interview 10/20 and haven’t a decision yet????

anybody interview 10/20 and haven’t a decision yet????
Did they say when the admissions committee is meeting? During my interview today they said we might hear back near January 1st... which is so far away. I though they would get back to you within 2 weeks

Did they say when the admissions committee is meeting? During my interview today they said we might hear back near January 1st... which is so far away. I though they would get back to you within 2 weeks
They didn’t give us an exact date they just said hopefully before thanksgiving

Hey, did you get clarification on the letter of intent? I've so far just accepted the offer through the portal and paid the deposit. Wondering if there's anything else I need to do.

Hey, did you get clarification on the letter of intent? I've so far just accepted the offer through the portal and paid the deposit. Wondering if there's anything else I need to do.
Interviewed today. They clarified that there's verbiage on the website that makes it sound like a letter of intent is needed after accepting the offer, which is WRONG. At this point, there's nothing for you to do until April 30th when you decide to either withdraw your app or commit to enroll.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard of post II rejection? Or how often that happens? After my interview Im overthinking that I said too much or was way too excited about some topics and my interviewer and I went off topic a lot too.

Has anyone heard of post II rejection? Or how often that happens? After my interview Im overthinking that I said too much or was way too excited about some topics and my interviewer and I went off topic a lot too.
If anything, that sounds like a good thing lol. Personally I think it's good to be excited in interviews and it sounds like you connected with your interviewer! I'm sure you probably did fine

Reactions: 2 users
If anything, that sounds like a good thing lol. Personally I think it's good to be excited in interviews and it sounds like you connected with your interviewer! I'm sure you probably did fine
Thank you for that response! Honestly was losing sleep over thinking that I screwed up the energy by making it too happy. It felt like the convo veered off topic a lot but the interviewer enjoyed talking about the topics that developed. Just scared that I hijacked the conversation. But the interviewer did ask me questions now and then that they wanted answers to…. Sorry just overthinking 😅

wait you have to apply to housing within two weeks of acceptance? so if you're accepted this month you cant wait to see how the rest of the cycle pans out?
Can someone answer this lol. Especially since you HAVE to live in that provided housing for the first year. But I personally wanted to weigh all of my school options until about May.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how the SJT is used for receiving secondaries and interviews?

The waitlist game is rough because it's so uncertain. But I am committed to Morehouse, whether it's this cycle or the next or the next. Hope the other WL people are hanging in there.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone remember when we would hear about decisions? Many other schools have begun to roll our decisions for October/Early November Interviewees

Hi, what email should I send the letter of intent to?

Anyone else still waiting for a secondary? My primary was completed late due to waiting for SJT scores to come back.

Anyone else still waiting for a secondary? My primary was completed late due to waiting for SJT scores to come back.
They do pre screen before sending out secondaries. I would inqure further with the admission department.

When did you interview?
At the end of October. I assumed I would have heard back by now or at the latest, after thanksgiving. I haven’t seen too many people saying they got accepted on this thread though?

At the end of October. I assumed I would have heard back by now or at the latest, after thanksgiving. I haven’t seen too many people saying they got accepted on this thread though?
I interviewed mid November and they told us we would hear back near Jan 1st :/