2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a first or second look day for this school?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed mid November and they told us we would hear back near Jan 1st :/
Sheesh. It hurts my soul when HBCU schools live up to the whole “slow admin” stereotype. No way I’ve heard back from all my schools except them and they were my 2nd interview

Reactions: 1 user
Sheesh. It hurts my soul when HBCU schools live up to the whole “slow admin” stereotype. No way I’ve heard back from all my schools except them and they were my 2nd interview
They were quick with my decision. I guess it just depends on when you interviewed..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They were quick with my decision. I guess it just depends on when you interviewed..
I mean I could assume I got a soft R. Which sucks but I also got other acceptances. I’m just surprised I have heard nothing at all. Like nada lol

How did you all receive correspondence on A/R/WL- phone call, email, mailed letter? Also interview 11/12 - anyone who interviewed that week or after heard anything as of yet?
Felt my interviews went well, but now overthinking, a little nervous and anxious waiting to hear back.

I mean I could assume I got a soft R. Which sucks but I also got other acceptances. I’m just surprised I have heard nothing at all. Like nada lol
Based on previous threads, it seems the first round of decisions were released relatively fast but the later releases were more drawn out.

How did you all receive correspondence on A/R/WL- phone call, email, mailed letter? Also interview 11/12 - anyone who interviewed that week or after heard anything as of yet?
Felt my interviews went well, but now overthinking, a little nervous and anxious waiting to hear back.
I interviewed the same day and haven't heard anything. They did tell us it may take till New Years. Also they tend to reject quick if they really don't like you, so no news is good news early on

I interviewed the same day and haven't heard anything. They did tell us it may take till New Years. Also they tend to reject quick if they really don't like you, so no news is good news early one ln
I interviewed the same day and haven't heard anything. They did tell us it may take till New Years. Also they tend to reject quick if they really don't like you, so no news is good news early on
Thank you, I definitely needed to hear that! I’m hoping within the next two weeks because with the holiday season, idk how they’d plan to get responses out between Christmas and before New Year’s. Anyways, good luck to you as well!!

do they accept update letters/ those who got II what were the available dates? I havent heard back yet :(

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but could any current students please PM me? I have some questions about the school! II scheduled for February :) appreciate it

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but could any current students please PM me? I have some questions about the school! II scheduled for February :) appreciate it
omg already booked til Feb ?? Welp there goes my chance

Does anyone know if it’s wayyyy too late to submit a secondary right now ?! I’m such an idiot I forgot I never submitted my app but December just seems like such a stretch to submit an application now 🤦🏽‍♀️

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it’s wayyyy too late to submit a secondary right now ?! I’m such an idiot I forgot I never submitted my app but December just seems like such a stretch to submit an application now 🤦🏽‍♀️
I mean if you have time and money then go for it but I see someone say above they are interviewing in Feb. so interviews are booked until then shows it’s kinda late.

I mean if you have time and money then go for it but I see someone say above they are interviewing in Feb. so interviews are booked until then shows it’s kinda late.
yea I figured the same thing, but thank you for your feedback ! Much appreciated!

Does anyone know if they will be doing a Second Look (technically 1st look lol) ? and when they said we could hear back about financial aid. Its been a while since my interview so I forgot

Anyone know if the class is full? I don't see many recent II.

Anyone know if the class is full? I don't see many recent II.
When I interviewed in mid November, they told us that we were very early in the cycle still. So there should be more II coming out soon or into Jan or Feb.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who sent a letter of intent to the admissions office receive a confirmation email/response?

II today.
App 'complete' 11/16 (delayed due to rescheduling of SJT --AAMC/ProctorU's fault)
Scheduled for mid february

Alterate List just now :( . Can anyone explain what this means? Is this a good sign? Is there a ranking to it? Interview 11/12

I haven't seen anyone make an accepted student GroupMe or FB group.. so I'll start a groupme! PM me if you want to be added!

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone have an idea of when Morehouse sends info on financial aid packages/scholarships?

Good Morning Everyone,
I am not sure if this has been asked already, but I am on the alternate list for MSM and wanted to know can I send an update letter. If so, what email address should I use ? I could not find one on the website.

Thank you !

Good Morning Everyone,
I am not sure if this has been asked already, but I am on the alternate list for MSM and wanted to know can I send an update letter. If so, what email address should I use ? I could not find one on the website.

Thank you !
Yes, you can send an update letter to [email protected].

Does anyone know where accepted students can learn more about the mandatory housing? I know there’s a page on Entra from the website but I want to know what it’s really like living there. I currently live in my own 1Br apartment and I really got anxiety selecting this for myself. I just want to know where im potentially living for a year

Does anyone know where accepted students can learn more about the mandatory housing? I know there’s a page on Entra from the website but I want to know what it’s really like living there. I currently live in my own 1Br apartment and I really got anxiety selecting this for myself. I just want to know where im potentially living for a year
Maybe try reaching out to a current student? I've found students under schools' location tag on instagram and they're usually really responsive and informative

If you are IS you don't have to live at Entra

image.jpg
Okay but huh? I am confused I understand housing may fill up fast, hence the two weeks to apply (I assume). But this makes no sense to have us pay this money if we don’t even end up choosing MSM come April 30th. I am at a loss here

Where is that?? I only paid the 100 deposit??
This is a part of the housing application. I emailed someone from admissions because I am confused lol. I am aware when you actually go to search for housing there are fees and deposits expected, but I thought that because they ask us to apply within 14 days of acceptance, we were being put onto some sort of list and not going through a full leasing process.

I have an interview with Morehouse in Jan that I signed up for in Nov. I don't exactly remember the date and they did not send me an email afterward that confirmed the date. Anyone here interviewing in January? What days do you remember did they offer? I also emailed to see if I can confirm my interview date.

I have an interview with Morehouse in Jan that I signed up for in Nov. I don't exactly remember the date and they did not send me an email afterward that confirmed the date. Anyone here interviewing in January? What days do you remember did they offer? I also emailed to see if I can confirm my interview date.
I got an email about 2 weeks before my scheduled interview confirming my date with the zoom link/itinerary

I got an email about 2 weeks before my scheduled interview confirming my date with the zoom link/itinerary
So I can assume that my interview is probably in the later half of this month? I will call them soon to confirm, but thanks for the information!

So I can assume that my interview is probably in the later half of this month? I will call them soon to confirm, but thanks for the information!
I tried calling them today and they said that they are not in office right now and are virtual until some time in April, so I guess I will have to try other emails.

I tried calling them today and they said that they are not in office right now and are virtual until some time in April, so I guess I will have to try other emails.
They are virtual, but they should still be able to let you know when your interview date is. Make sure you are contacting the MSM admissions office. The email is [email protected].

I haven't seen anyone make an accepted student GroupMe or FB group.. so I'll start a groupme! PM me if you want to be added!
Hey ya'll! I'm a first-year at MSM coming in to answer any questions that you might have. We are creating a FB page for you all shortly and will also be adding you to a GroupMe with current students. It's great that there has already been one created for you to talk amongst yourselves.

Reactions: 2 users
If you are IS you don't have to live at Entra
So, they say that living at Entra is mandatory for first-years but it is not. In fact, it fills up relatively quickly and no one from administration checks to see where people are housed. Feel free to weigh your options for housing. Entra is not a dorm of MSM but a separate apartment building that is in partnership with MSM. Entra also houses undergraduate students from Morehouse and Spelman as well.

Hey ya'll! I'm a first-year at MSM coming in to answer any questions that you might have. We are creating a FB page for you all shortly and will also be adding you to a GroupMe with current students. It's great that there has already been one created for you to talk amongst yourselves.
Thanks so much! Its a couple of us in the GroupMe so far

II received a few days ago. Scheduled for March 2

Has anyone interviewed on Dec. 1st and heard back? I still have not received anything and am not sure if this means a soft R.

Has anyone interviewed on Dec. 1st and heard back? I still have not received anything and am not sure if this means a soft R.
I interviewed on the 1st as well and I still haven’t heard anything back either.