2021-2022 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the experiences section, for the number of years, should I include the upcoming year until August 2022 if I'm sure that I'll be continuing that activity?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else not recieve a confirmation email after submission/payment? I typically get one but I didn't here

Did anyone else not recieve a confirmation email after submission/payment? I typically get one but I didn't here
I got a submission confirmation but not for being complete. That just showed up in the portal!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So… are we thinking we’ll have ourselves a Michigan Monday tm?

So… are we thinking we’ll have ourselves a Michigan Monday tm?
last year they tweeted 2 weeks before the first michigan monday, and the first IIs went out in aug about a month before the first interview day in sept. we might get a similar tweet saying theyre 2 weeks out from the first batch?

last year they tweeted 2 weeks before the first michigan monday, and the first IIs went out in aug about a month before the first interview day in sept. we might get a similar tweet saying theyre 2 weeks out from the first batch?
Good thoughts, OOS applicants stay on high alert lol

Reactions: 1 users
Interview dates are already posted! First one on September 10.

Link

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
do you think IIs might start earlier this year since transmission was delayed last year by two weeks?

My guess is tomorrow will be Michigan Monday. They didn’t send out the preparatory tweet two years ago, it might’ve just been a Covid thing

It looks like they almost always tweet before 4pm EDT, and can be pretty early, like around 12PM EDT. Occasionally it comes as late as ~7pm EDT. Exciting stuff, especially since they explicitly say you can be invited to interview without all your LORs submitted so its the only school I'm really in the running for right now!

It looks like they almost always tweet before 4pm EDT, and can be pretty early, like around 12PM EDT. Occasionally it comes as late as ~7pm EDT. Exciting stuff, especially since they explicitly say you can be invited to interview without all your LORs submitted so its the only school I'm really in the running for right now!
Have previous threads shown any indication of if the secondary complete date impacted these invites? I'm assuming these interviews would be people who submitted secondaries within the first few days of getting them as they've only had like 2 weeks to review?

Have previous threads shown any indication of if the secondary complete date impacted these invites? I'm assuming these interviews would be people who submitted secondaries within the first few days of getting them as they've only had like 2 weeks to review?
I was looking through the tweet history but can briefly scan some previous threads and see

Members don't see this ad :)
Data is kinda weak because not too many people are invited this early, but it looks like for the past few years (excluding 2020) most were complete either the first few days in July or earlier.

From my understanding, OOS applicants typically get their interview invites earlier in the cycle than IS applicants, correct? If so, I really shouldn't be holding my breath for getting an invite tomorrow haha.

Reactions: 2 users
From my understanding, OOS applicants typically get their interview invites earlier in the cycle than IS applicants, correct? If so, I really shouldn't be holding my breath for getting an invite tomorrow haha.
Who knows? We're all in the running haha. MANIFESTING Michigan Mondays right now!

Reactions: 6 users
I submitted my secondary on 7/8 and took CASPer 6/3 (results delivered 6/20 ish) but it still doesn't have a "Y" underneath CASPer received on my portal...anyone else in a similar situation?

I submitted my secondary on 7/8 and took CASPer 6/3 (results delivered 6/20 ish) but it still doesn't have a "Y" underneath CASPer received on my portal...anyone else in a similar situation?
Id maybe send an email and get it double checked. I took casper the same day as you and submitted on 7/9 and mine has the Y underneath it

I submitted secondary yesterday (7/10) and took casper same date, I also don't have a Y.

I submitted secondary yesterday (7/10) and took casper same date, I also don't have a Y.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one. My committee letter still hasn't been uploaded so that might also be the case.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one. My committee letter still hasn't been uploaded so that might also be the case.

Mine took a day to update CASPER (taken in June) after I submitted the secondary. Don't have my committee letter in either. It's probably not updated because of the weekend, but should be there soon!

Lets hope for that michigan monday today folks

Reactions: 3 users
Just noticed that while I don't have a "Y" underneath CASPer scores received, it does say that my application status is complete. Does that mean they received my CASPer?

Also - my committee letter has yet to be uploaded so I'm unsure why my application status says complete?

Michigan apps are complete without letters, and it's one of the few schools that does this. Not sure about the CASPER thing ... maybe they didn't update the 'Y' indicator? If your score was sent and linked with your AMCAS ID, they received it.

Not sure how accurate this is, but MSAR says that Michigan doesn't start sending II's until August, so we might be in for a longer wait

• Sad
  • Hmm
Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter

Michigan Monday starts August 2! Per their Twitter
sad!

I got the tweet notification and an email simultaneously while on a work call, got very excited thinking that they sent them out simultaneously :(

Looks like I listened to an all Eminem playlist while working out yesterday for nothing. But its okay, that's just my normal workout playlist.

Do you remember what those schools were by chance?
The four that I applied to that say they begin handing out II’s in July are Keck (7/12), UVA (7/15), Pitt, and NYU. I know Jefferson has already started handing some out. Don’t know any others because I haven’t specifically checked for them.

The four that I applied to that say they begin handing out II’s in July are Keck (7/12), UVA (7/15), Pitt, and NYU. I know Jefferson has already started handing some out. Don’t know any others because I haven’t specifically checked for them.
Seems on the GW forum that they have also begun sending out II

It seems that Keck hasn't sent out any yet 😩

Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?

Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?
They said on twitter that it does not play a large role in determining who gets an interview

They said on twitter that it does not play a large role in determining who gets an interview
...but it may be used in final admissions decisions? Suspiciously specific word choice to say only in the interview selection process.

• Hmm
...but it may be used in final admissions decisions? Suspiciously specific word choice to say only in the interview selection process.
no that doesnt make sense... if it played a major role in who they accept they wouldnt waste time interviewing low scorers

Who did you all use for your letter of recs? I feel like I just destroyed my chances by omitting my biochem prof. I sent:

A microbio prof I TA'd for
A nonscience public speaking prof
A PI
A long term employer
A volunteer coordinator
A physician (I know... I shadowed for a semester over 70ish hours but still)

I'm kicking myself, UM is my top choice and I hastily submitted the letters on a few hours of sleep
I don't get why that would destroy your chances or make any difference if you've met their letter requirements.

Committee Letters made this LOR stuff so easy to deal with. Everyone takes them

From what I've read, I'm glad my university doesn't have them. Some applicants can't be complete until August when their packet comes in
Meanwhile I've got the best of both worlds. No committee letter (too old) and still waiting on an LOR :p

• Care
Meanwhile I've got the best of both worlds. No committee letter (too old) and still waiting on an LOR :p
For you fans at home, I just got my last LOR received. Thanks everyone for their support, lets all #GoBlue!

• Love
When does a committee letter become too old for Umich
The committee letter wasn't too old. I was too old for the committee letter.

Edit: Just to clarify, at my school you can only get a committee letter within 1 year of graduation. So non-trads can't get one. I wouldn't be surprised if many undergrads had the same policy