2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, had they only reviewed IS up until now?
Yes. Their website states the prioritize IS app reviews and interviews first.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, Complete Mid August, R. Unfortunate but not one of my top ones. Best of luck to all remaining!

Can we also appreciate the incredibly specific criteria for getting feedback - by the time you’d receive it would be negligible haha.

Seeing all the other OOS Rs today makes me feel so much better about mine lol we love sdn. Good luck at other schools y'all!

Reactions: 4 users
Wait, had they only reviewed IS up until now?
Hey, I think MSU CHM just prioritizes IS applicants before OOS, but they definitely had reviewed some OOS applicants as there was 6 or 7 OOS applicants interviewing on the same day as me.
Wishing you the best !

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre-II R, complete 8/5. Good luck everyone else!

Hey, I think MSU CHM just prioritizes IS applicants before OOS, but they definitely had reviewed some OOS applicants as there was 6 or 7 OOS applicants interviewing on the same day as me.
Wishing you the best !
Welp, doesn't matter now! My ride just ended lmao

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected—-what a nice way to start my week 😩

OOS pre-II R, complete early august. LM 69, I am currently a senior at MSU so this stings :(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Completed on July 24, but no rejection email yet.... I'm Canadian so I think I'm OOS?

OOS just got hit with the pre-II R. Sucks cuz im from here but oh well. good luck to everyone else !

OOS pre-II R this morning....great way to start off the week :)

II 10/15 for MD/PhD. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, 4k research hours, no pubs, managing 3 large projects, complete 07/16, under preliminary review 07/22, under MD/PhD review 09/24.

I’m OOS and thinking of submitting. Is it a waste of time??? Should I just submit and not expect much?

Same, I have a feeling they have international applicants in a separate pile to hit another day
Canadians are considered as out of state not internationals. I confirmed with admissions people.

Accepted!!!! So thankful!!!!

OOS (in-region), complete 8/16, II 9/15, interviewed early October.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got the A! Gosh I haven't cried that much in years. This is my top choice and I'm excited to get started!
Interviewed 10/04

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
does MSU accept post-interview thank you letters? if so, do we just email it to the admission committee?

Any Canadian IIs/Rs?
Canadian applicant, complete 09/28, still waiting for a response but since my application wasn't complete until the end of September I'm not expecting to hear anything until November...

Anyone else's application at MSU CHM on hold?
In-state applicant, 3.89 post Bacc gpa, 50X MCAT, 9000 clinical hours

Canadian applicant, complete 09/28, still waiting for a response but since my application wasn't complete until the end of September I'm not expecting to hear anything until November...
I was complete in July and I havent heard anything at all :(

I was complete in July and I havent heard anything at all :(
Ugh, I feel you. Maybe they are still focusing on IS applications... it's my first time applying to this school so I'm not sure how the process works. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Keep me posted as well?

• Love
Ugh, I feel you. Maybe they are still focusing on IS applications... it's my first time applying to this school so I'm not sure how the process works. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Keep me posted as well?
Of course, sounds good! :)

Just got an II! IS, LM 67

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users