2021-2022 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II about 30 min ago!!! IS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So overwhelmed rn. First II about 20 minutes ago! IS Forwarded for review on 07/27. LM 76 but with lower GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
II about 30 min ago!!! IS
So overwhelmed rn. First II about 20 minutes ago! IS Forwarded for review on 07/27. LM 76 but with lower GPA
Congratulations!!! I'm OOS and I completed mine on 8/5 but hopefully I'll be right there with everyone landing IIs next wave! Best of luck in your interviews, you're gonna kill it!

Reactions: 2 users
II today as well!! In-state, completed near end of July. Quick turnaround on the interview date! :oops:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know how Casper is used in admissions decisions? Is it heavily weighted?

Did anybody get an interview who was in prelim review for less than a month?

I ask because I got my application in last week, and as someone who interviewed last year, really hoping I don't have to wait till October to hear back :cryi:

So they’re only doing IS interviews rn it seems?

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today! Complete 8/6, IS, very strong ties to school, 3.9 GPA, 517 MCAT, 1st Quartile Casper :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, does anyone know if CASPER is required to be granted and interview? Or am I able to take CASPER after the interview?

For those who have interviewed, did they say we would hear back the first release date 10/6 or that it could be any of the listed dates?

I got an email saying my MD/PHD application is under review and asking for consent to send my AMCAS app to the graduate school.

Hey everyone! Does anyone know how Casper is used in admissions decisions? Is it heavily weighted?
+1; also wondering how much weight is put on CASPer, if any... it sounds like some schools are collecting data but not yet using it for application scoring

Hey guys, does anyone know if CASPER is required to be granted and interview? Or am I able to take CASPER after the interview?
From my understanding, they require CASPer as well as new MCAT scores prior to reviewing your application and granting an interview

II IS earlier this afternoon! complete 7/27!!!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does Michigan state send out an email notifying you when your secondary application has been reviewed? Or do they only contact you if invited for an interview?

Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?

Anyone knows when they start sending rejections?
I've seen you ask this is several different threads...... are you wanting to receive a rejection? Chill man, stay positive..... remember The Secret? Negative thinking attracts negative results :rofl:

O
I've seen you ask this is several different threads...... are you wanting to receive a rejection? Chill man, stay positive..... remember The Secret? Negative thinking attracts negative results

I can’t stay + when I haven’t heard anything from any of the schools that i have applied to.
I rather to receive a rejection earlier in the cycle than later. I just need to know if i have to study for the mcat again or not 😅. Sorry if that makes you feel bad .

• Care
I can’t stay + when I haven’t heard anything from any of the schools that i have applied to.
I rather to receive a rejection earlier in the cycle than later. I just need to know if i have to study for the mcat again or not 😅. Sorry if that makes you feel bad .
All I'm saying is that a school might send out 100 rejections tomorrow, but remain silent about your application and not reject you until January or even later (god forbid they decide to reject you in the first place). Schools don't care whether you'd like to be rejected early or later. All I'm saying is that you don't have any control over it. If they start rejecting, we will know because someone will post it. But in the meantime, take a breather. Stressing out won't help snag that II or A, so why spend time being miserable? That during an already soul-sucking time? If it makes you feel better and if you're that anxious, just do some MCAT review for 1-2 hours a day to keep up with the material.

All I'm saying is that a school might send out 100 rejections tomorrow, but remain silent about your application and not reject you until January or even later (god forbid they decide to reject you in the first place). Schools don't care whether you'd like to be rejected early or later. All I'm saying is that you don't have any control over it. If they start rejecting, we will know because someone will post it. But in the meantime, take a breather. Stressing out won't help snag that II or A, so why spend time being miserable? That during an already soul-sucking time? If it makes you feel better and if you're that anxious, just do some MCAT review for 1-2 hours a day to keep up with the material.
😣. I hope everyone hears something good in the next few days. Best of luck to everyone ❤

😣. I hope everyone hears something good in the next few days. Best of luck to everyone ❤
Just hang in there! I haven't heard a peep from any school I've applied to either. I had one DO ii, which turned into a WL. I felt sad for a day and thought meh. It's October, so send in updates if you have any! But most importantly, take a breather.

Anyone OOS get an interview here yet?

ACCEPTED just now! Got a call from the Dean I could faint

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
ACCEPTED! I had a voicemail (I missed the phone call). I heard the message during clinic and basically everyone in the clinic was cheering and dancing in celebration! This is a day I’m never going to forget.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED! I had a voicemail (I missed the phone call). I heard the message during clinic and basically everyone in the clinic was cheering and dancing in celebration! This is a day I’m never going to forget.

This is so touching, congrats!!! :)

ACCEPTED 🙌 I got the call just after 1pm. Was with my fiance when I got the call, she screamed so loudly in public that everyone around us got scared. 😭 so many emotions, mostly tears of joy, disbelief, and shock.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Was not expecting that, having interviewed only 11 days ago. They called me and accepted me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello,

I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive my ignorance.

Are either the one-on-one or MMI interviews open-file? Meaning do the people conducting them have my application with them, or are they in any way familiar with me as an applicant? I know it may seem odd given the format of MMI's and the fact that it's a current student doing the one-on-one for them to have my application, but in preparing this would impact how I answer questions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hello,

I have been searching and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive my ignorance.

Are either the one-on-one or MMI interviews open-file? Meaning do the people conducting them have my application with them, or are they in any way familiar with me as an applicant? I know it may seem odd given the format of MMI's and the fact that it's a current student doing the one-on-one for them to have my application, but in preparing this would impact how I answer questions.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Hello! Did my interview for MSU CHM on 9/24 and the one-on-one interview was open file, but I'm not sure about the MMI

Hello! Did my interview for MSU CHM on 9/24 and the one-on-one interview was open file, but I'm not sure about the MMI
Hello,

Thank you, in doing more research I've found quite a bit of supplementary information to go through and it's answering a lot of questions.

OOS complete 7/30, first R of the season

• Care
I guess theyre finally starting to review OOS apps?