2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received! complete 7/9! Super excited :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received! Complete 7/7, OOS, GPA 3.86, MCAT 522

Reactions: 1 user
I got an II at 1:30 PM Pacific time, same as the others. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, complete 6/29

Reactions: 2 users
I got an II at 1:30 PM Pacific time, same as the others. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, complete 6/29
Congrats! Thats an awesome comeback story, I have similarly discordant stats so hopefully I'll get some love when they get around to 7/16 completes!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats!!

EDIT: how much time do you have until you have your interview? I just wanna know how much time we have to prepare
I recieved a II yesterday after being complete 7/4! And the earliest interview date I could see to schedule at the moment was september 15th but I did wait until the next day to schedule the interview. Maybe I should have done it right away but I was too busy being excited lol. Seems like all the august and the beginning of september dates are full. Kinda crazy I have so long until the interview lol but Im happy!

Last edited:
  • Care
I recieved a II yesterday after being complete 7/4! And the earliest interview date I could see to schedule was september 15th.

Im curious if there were more at the beginning of september but I signed up the day after I got the email so the august and early sept dates were full?

For other people who got interviews last week, what was the earliest you could sign up?
earliest I saw was the week of 8/23

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to make people feel better... My best friend applied to schools last year and will be attending Georgetown Med this August! He applied pretty early in the cycle (early July) and did not receive an interview until November! We have to remember that submission date does not mean you are looked at then schools say yes or no. We are probably all looked at many times before a decision is made. So just stay calm and do things that keep you relaxed! WE GOT THIS!

• Care
Reactions: 31 users
Just to make people feel better... My best friend applied to schools last year and will be attending Georgetown Med this August! He applied pretty early in the cycle (early July) and did not receive an interview until November! We have to remember that submission date does not mean you are looked at then schools say yes or no. We are probably all looked at many times before a decision is made. So just stay calm and do things that keep you relaxed! WE GOT THIS!
anxiety level reduced by at least 5%. thanks friend

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for this!! Manifesting good vibes for us all

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
got verified this week and submitted it and im already seeing yall get interviews :D

Hi everyone! I’m a Hoya from undergrad and will be one in the M2025 cohort. Good luck to all of you and hopefully you all get into the school that is your best fit!
Hi you must be so excited to start! Do you have any advice on how to prepare for our upcoming interview?

Hi you must be so excited to start! Do you have any advice on how to prepare for our upcoming interview?
Just be yourself! It’s a pretty chill interview, know the high yield questions (why them, why medicine, weakness, etc) but just be calm and be yourself. Ultimately the results are not in our hands, and if you just be yourself and don’t come off as fake or insincere, you should be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone gotten II and was complete from 7/10 or onwards?

II. OOS. Submitted 7/10/21. 74 LM.

I've heard that the post-II stats for OOS are pretty low, but I'm still pretty pumped!!

• Love
I completed on 08/02. Do you all think that's too late to have a good chance of an II? I have a 520 MCAT, 3.97GPA, and a lot of experience working in safety net hospitals, free clinic, community volunteering, etc...

I completed on 08/02. Do you all think that's too late to have a good chance of an II? I have a 520 MCAT, 3.97GPA, and a lot of experience working in safety net hospitals, free clinic, community volunteering, etc...

It’s early August . Some folks here have been complete for a month with radio silence…you are okay

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
ugh....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I apologize if this was asked already. I am looking at a few Jesuit medical schools like this one, but I am not a fan of incorporating spiritual components in a medical school curriculum. While it’s important, I feel like it’s something that is gained via experience as a physician. I am also Asian with Hindu religion but honestly not religious as it doesn’t add anything to my identity.

So with this information, is The culture and curriculum of a Jesuit medical school a good fit or should I pass when i apply?

Jesuit schools really don't emphasize spirituality in courses. They more use it as a way to explain their mission. For example, Georgetown uses Jesuit principles to encourage students to volunteer in the community. These volunteer opportunities do not need to have any religious component. If you are enthusiastic about volunteering, then Jesuit schools are great.
I apologize if this was asked already. I am looking at a few Jesuit medical schools like this one, but I am not a fan of incorporating spiritual components in a medical school curriculum. While it’s important, I feel like it’s something that is gained via experience as a physician. I am also Asian with Hindu religion but honestly not religious as it doesn’t add anything to my identity.

So with this information, is The culture and curriculum of a Jesuit medical school a good fit or should I pass when i apply?

II just now!!!! Complete 7/17

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I was complete on 7/11 and have not received an interview invite. However, I see people who have been complete after me getting IIs. Is this cause for concern or am I being completely neurotic?

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete on 7/11 and have not received an interview invite. However, I see people who have been complete after me getting IIs. Is this cause for concern or am I being completely neurotic?
Based on past threads, I don’t think Georgetown reviews apps in chronological order! So just hang in there. It’s also still early in the cycle. I was complete 7/5 and nothing either

1+

This happens every single year, on almost every single thread. People asking for complete dates and stats just feeds into it. I can assure you, based on personal experience, as well as the experiences of several friends, both right now and in past cycles, you have to tune this out and play your own game. Otherwise, you are prone to have manic-like highs and lows based on nothing other than what you are reading here and on reddit.

At almost every school, every year, there are people in every demographic group who report IIs who were complete later than others who subsequently receive them, and with stats lower than people who also subsequently receive IIs. We just have no way to know how we are stratified for review, when we are reviewed, whether we are reviewed and put aside for later review, etc., etc., etc.

All the speculating is fun until you become preoccupied, obsessed and then depressed because you see others achieving success while you are still waiting. I'm telling you, based on watching this from the end of the 2018-19 cycle, the entire past two cycles, and now being neck deep in it myself, it's not healthy to focus on what other people are doing. You should be happy for them, and maybe a little sad for yourself, but it's far too early for concern and completely unproductive to be neurotic. Some schools have actually been pretty aggressive in handing out early Rs. As long as you are not in that group, you are still in the game, and there are no obvious deficiencies in your application.

Presumably, you have applied to many schools. You should expect to not receive IIs from most of them, just based on the numbers. The good news is you don't need them. If you applied to around two dozen schools, which is typical, 12 IIs would be off the charts wonderful, 6 would be awesome, and 3 would be great. You really only need one, but 3 would really enhance your odds of receiving at least one A, even though there are no guarantees. When you think about it like this, stressing over every time anyone reports receiving an II at any school you applied to, especially in August, seems a little over the top.

If you still have nothing around Thanksgiving, that's the time to start reassessing what might have gone wrong, even though, even then, many schools continue extending IIs well into the new year (January-March). I know it's easy for me to say, but we are all in this together -- try to relax and just be happy for those having early success.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
This happens every single year, on almost every single thread. People asking for complete dates and stats just feeds into it. I can assure you, based on personal experience, as well as the experiences of several friends, both right now and in past cycles, you have to tune this out and play your own game. Otherwise, you are prone to have manic-like highs and lows based on nothing other than what you are reading here and on reddit.

At almost every school, every year, there are people in every demographic group who report IIs who were complete later than others who subsequently receive them, and with stats lower than people who also subsequently receive IIs. We just have no way to know how we are stratified for review, when we are reviewed, whether we are reviewed and put aside for later review, etc., etc., etc.

All the speculating is fun until you become preoccupied, obsessed and then depressed because you see others achieving success while you are still waiting. I'm telling you, based on watching this for the end of the 2019-20 cycle and the entire past cycle, and now being neck deep in it myself, it's not healthy to focus on what other people are doing. You should be happy for them, and maybe a little sad for yourself, but it's far too early for concern and completely unproductive to be neurotic. Some schools have actually been pretty aggressive in handing out early Rs. As long as you are not in that group, you are still in the game, and there are no obvious deficiencies in your application.

Presumably, you have applied to many schools. You should expect to not receive IIs from most of them, just based on the numbers. The good news is you don't need them. If you applied to around two dozen schools, which is typical, 12 IIs would be off the charts wonderful, 6 would be awesome, and 3 would be great. You really only need one, but 3 would really enhance your odds of receiving at least one A, even though there are no guarantees. When you think about it like this, stressing over every time anyone reports receiving an II at any school you applied to, especially in August, seems a little over the top.

If you still have nothing around Thanksgiving, that's the time to start reassessing what might have gone wrong, even though, even then, many schools continue extending IIs well into the new year (January-March). I know it's easy for me to say, but we are all in this together -- try to relax and just be happy for those having early success.
Have you ever read something that was right on time? Because this was right on time for me lol.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
First II received today! I know What it’s like to be on the receiving end of these posts just as I’ve been reading for weeks..your time will come! Heads up :) I was complete on July 21st ish

• Love
II received! Interview in mid-late September. Completed 7/19. 3.9 and 517 ORM and OOS with huge focus on policy

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Have you ever read something that was right on time? Because this was right on time for me lol.
Believe me, I know! I post it for myself as much as for everyone else!! :)

• Love

All the speculating is fun until you become preoccupied, obsessed and then depressed because you see others achieving success while you are still waiting. I'm telling you, based on watching this for the end of the 2018-19 cycle, the entire past two cycles, and now being neck deep in it myself, it's not healthy to focus on what other people are doing. You should be happy for them, and maybe a little sad for yourself, but it's far too early for concern and completely unproductive to be neurotic. Some schools have actually been pretty aggressive in handing out early Rs. As long as you are not in that group, you are still in the game, and there are no obvious deficiencies in your application.

Thank you, I appreciate the wise words. I'll try and calm down lol.

Just got my first II! I honestly didn't think I'd get this far after being rejected everywhere last year!
Completed: 8/2/2021
LizzyM: 76

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Just got my first II! I honestly didn't think I'd get this far after being rejected everywhere last year!
Completed: 8/2/2021
LizzyM: 76
congratsssss, I was in the same place last year, hoping for good news as well !!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users