2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!

EDIT: how much time do you have until you have your interview? I just wanna know how much time we have to prepare
Thanks everyone! Looks like the first interview week will be the last week of August.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
For the people who got II’s, what were your stats?

II received this morning! Complete 6/26
congrats!!

EDIT: how much time do you have until you have your interview? I just wanna know how much time we have to prepare
I also received II this morning woot woot! Completed 6/27. Earliest interviews I saw were the last week of August (Tuesday through Thursday). So 5-6 weeks to prepare - very ideal. I don't think we find out if we were accepted until October 15th though.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who got II’s, what were your stats?
3.89 sGPA and GPA, 522 (130/131/131/130), ~600 hours of service over 3 different activities and 1 of them is clinical service.

Although my friend who applied last year had the same stats as me, started a global nonprofit ,and had spectacular essays for Georgetown and still didn't get an interview last year - so I feel as though this school is a hit or miss for even the best candidates.

Reactions: 7 users
3.89 sGPA and GPA, 522 (130/131/131/130), ~600 hours of service over 3 different activities and 1 of them is clinical service.

Although my friend who applied last year had the same stats as me, started a global nonprofit ,and had spectacular essays for Georgetown and still didn't get an interview last year - so I feel as though this school is a hit or miss for even the best candidates.
I can speak about this. Georgetown is really quirky in who they take (even for undergrad it’s the same) so even if you have really good stats, you have no idea if you’ll get in.
Good luck on your interview!

• Care
Curious for those who got IIs, did any of you guys have In-person as your preference on the secondary? Is your interview going to be virtual?

Secondary submitted. Goodluck everybody!

• Care
Did you guys leave the second question about "further information" blank? I don't have much else to add but I'm debating if it would make sense to talk about my COVID struggles there (that I didn't mention in my primary)

Did you guys leave the second question about "further information" blank? I don't have much else to add but I'm debating if it would make sense to talk about my COVID struggles there (that I didn't mention in my primary)
I added some COVID-related stuff that puts me in a good light + a pub citation I couldn't fit elsewhere

Congrats! Go rock this. Are you able to select an interview date from a range, or is the date set for you?
Thanks!!! I think there were options. There was only one option left in August so I took that date without going to September, but it seemed like I could have maybe gone to September

Has anyone that was complete in July, received an II?

I think it's mostly about your life experiences or what you've witnessed in your life in the context of healthcare disparities and your values and how that connects to their mission of Cura Personalis. I don't think you have to talk specifically about the US. maybe try to give some examples of what you witnessed in your home country of healthcare inequities.
thank you

Not me but I have hospital volunteering as one of my clinical experiences so maybe not as competitive :/
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Got the II! I was complete early July.

Had a quick question. I've already received an II from Georgetown but was wondering if I should send an update regarding some new research/classes I've been able to participate in since submitting my primary and secondary. Should I update if I have already received an interview invite?
I'm no expert but I would hold off and use it for fuel in the interview. That's my plan at least.

Had a quick question. I've already received an II from Georgetown but was wondering if I should send an update regarding some new research/classes I've been able to participate in since submitting my primary and secondary. Should I update if I have already received an interview invite?
I would save the update for after your interview to show continued interest etc

Anyone get an II that submitted 7/2 or later? If so, when?

I was complete on 6/28 and it still says under review :(

does anyone know if schools start sending rejections when II's start coming out? or do they wait until they start sending acceptances to reject people?

Holy cow my first II! I am so stoked. OOS, complete 7/6