2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My optimistic side is telling me that maybe they do WL's before A's? Big time cope, I know.
I had that same feeling

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they said in their later interview days that we were not interviewing for the waitlist… was that false?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they said in their later interview days that we were not interviewing for the waitlist… was that false?
It could just be that we don't have enough people on SDN reporting their A's. I interviewed on 3/9 and didn't hear anything so idk what's going on.

Reactions: 1 users
It could just be that we don't have enough people on SDN reporting their A's. I interviewed on 3/9 and didn't hear anything so idk what's going on.
I also interviewed on 3/9 and haven't heard back, but it's nice to finally see some March interviewees getting their decisions. Hang in there!

Just got my first A, interviewed on 3/7!!! Still at a loss for words

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Do you find out your campus selection before you accept or do you accept first to find out?

Do you find out your campus selection before you accept or do you accept first to find out?
There's a raffle every so often to determine campus selection. You can email Brian to ensure you're included in the one this Friday (though if you were accepted today then you'll probably automatically be included).

FYI you have to check your portal to find out, there's no email updating you that they're up.

There's a raffle every so often to determine campus selection. You can email Brian to ensure you're included in the one this Friday (though if you were accepted today then you'll probably automatically be included).

FYI you have to check your portal to find out, there's no email updating you that they're up.
Thank you for that info! Do you happen to know Brian’s email or is it just the admissions email?

Accepted this morning 2/17 interview! Will be declining in favor of an IS school. Good luck everyone

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just withdrew my A. good luck to whoever it goes to <3 hopefully to dr. donkey

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
just withdrew my A. good luck to whoever it goes to <3 hopefully to dr. donkey
Aww ❤️ I’m glad you made your choice! And hey- if it doesn’t work out for me, I’ll see you soon at VTC!

Reactions: 2 users
Have they started WL movement yet or has movement just been very minimal?

Have they started WL movement yet or has movement just been very minimal?
It doesn't seem like the have from what I've seen on this thread. They're still accepting students who interviewed later in the cycle. I had a late Jan interview, and waitlist in mid March.

Thank you for that info! Do you happen to know Brian’s email or is it just the admissions email?
You can email the admissions email, yes. You can also find Brian's email on the Drexel MD website found via Google - I had emailed him because he's in charge of the lottery announcements in the FB group.

I just emailed admissions and the automatic reply said they would get back to me in 5-7 days, so I’ll ask here in case someone knows. Do I have to do all the tabs/pay the deposit for admission in order to be entered into the campus lottery, or only complete my campus preference?

I just emailed admissions and the automatic reply said they would get back to me in 5-7 days, so I’ll ask here in case someone knows. Do I have to do all the tabs/pay the deposit for admission in order to be entered into the campus lottery, or only complete my campus preference?
I believe you have to accept your seat in the class + pay the deposit, but I'm not 100% sure?

So do we think WL movement hasn't started yet or those lucky few aren't on sdn/aren't posting.

Talked to Drexel today and they said that they haven't had waitlist movement since they're still reviewing their late interviewees - said to expect no movement for the next 3 weeks (that was their guess)

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Talked to Drexel today and they said that they haven't had waitlist movement since they're still reviewing their late interviewees - said to expect no movement for the next 3 weeks (that was their guess)
Sad Dexters Laboratory GIF

:(

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrawing my A! Hope it gets one of you off the waitlist

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone had any luck with the campus assignment appeal process?
I heard about last years' WR cohort who said that they were more liberal with granting campus changes last year to the point that they only had WR spots left at the end. Seems like they're being very strict about reasons for wanting to change campuses this year to avoid that happening.

I heard about last years' WR cohort who said that they were more liberal with granting campus changes last year to the point that they only had WR spots left at the end. Seems like they're being very strict about reasons for wanting to change campuses this year to avoid that happening.
Second this. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten their appeal approved this year 🫤

Can someone please DM me the accepted student fb group link? I can’t see it on the portal until I officially accept and I can’t do that unless I give up my other acceptance. Thank you!

I just searched it up on fb if you haven't found it already!

Has anyone had any luck with the campus assignment appeal process?
I wrote a very lengthy statement for the appeal last week (1.5 pages). Listed 4 legitimate reasons for the change. Ultimately denied.

Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 3/9.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I get the sense waitlists come out on Monday and acceptances on Tuesdays

And I get the sense that I’ll still be waiting a long time for an end of March interview haha..

Reactions: 4 users
I really hope youre right because I interviewed on 3/9 and *still* havent received a decision. Big sads... RIP to the late march interviewees :(

Same... I found scrap of paper recently that I used to jot down notes during my interview that says "decision in 4-6 weeks, look out for email mid-late April." It's been twice that long for me and I know others waited way longer haha.

No joke, I had one more interview after my Drexel interview, was waitlisted at that school, and then got off that waitlist, all in about 7 weeks. Granted Drexel has a bigger class than this other school, but still. I think this kind of thing affects the makeup of the class they end up with. Anyone still in the running is clearly more than qualified to attend med school, but people with multiple options at this point are gonna start to say screw it and withdraw. Maybe that's what Drexel wants, but personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Big agree haha

I interviewed 3/14 and got WL'ed earlier today!
Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully the sooner they get through the rest of us waiting to hear a response, the sooner they can get to those of you of the WL!!

April interview gang where you at? LOL just sitting on WLs and waiting in purgatory for Drexel :dead:

The waiting game is also becoming a balancing act of not letting my hopes get too high 🤧

• Care
meant to add this for applicants following acceptance trends:

interviewed mid Feb, accepted exactly 13 weeks (90 days) later, neither deferred nor waitlisted, sent no updates or letters

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
My kid was accepted elsewhere and has pulled his name off the Drexel waitlist. Good luck to all of you. The passion of everyone on here and their hard work towards gaining acceptance to either MD or DO schools is exemplary. Hope you all are successful in the end. My kid got one interview his first year and this year was on 8 waiting lists and ended up getting 3 acceptances. Keep the faith!!

Reactions: 9 users
No A’s reported this week??.. that’s odd, I wonder if that trend will continue through the rest of the committee reviews?