2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Late feb interview, still nothing :'|

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+3 AL List, Interviewed 2/28

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Guess everyone who got late II gets alt listed :/

• Care
I think AMC rejects a decent amount of people late season too so it could be worse. Let’s see if people post acceptances here or if they weren’t being honest about having open seats still. That would be pretty lame

I don’t think we (alt list people) will hear back till first week of May

Reactions: 2 users
I had a friend who interviewed late last year. They got the alt list on 4/27 and then was accepted on 5/10. Just a little story to share but N=1.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
We don't need to go to AMC portal to accept being in ALT list? Do We?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew today from alt list - best of luck to everyone! My fingers are crossed that there will be movement soon

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
To maybe make you feel better, I interviewed early and was also added to the AL. It just seems like Albany adds the majority of people to the AL after interviewing. Keep the faith!!

To maybe make you feel better, I interviewed early and was also added to the AL. It just seems like Albany adds the majority of people to the AL after interviewing. Keep the faith!!
They told us that when I interviewed as well. They said they wait list the majority of interviewees. Maybe you have to be from the area or a complete rock star with a 4.0 520 to be immediately accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
I have had schools I am alternate listed at show up on the CYM tool
are you accepted somewhere else? it’s not letting me access CYM even though I’m on Alt List at 2 places! I’m wondering if it’s because I haven’t gotten an acceptance?

are you accepted somewhere else? it’s not letting me access CYM even though I’m on Alt List at 2 places! I’m wondering if it’s because I haven’t gotten an acceptance?
Have to have at least one A to see CYMS tool

Reactions: 5 users
yes i do have one acceptance somewhere else

The waiting is killing me. I want to know if I'll come off the AL already...

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just double checking if we are in ALT List we should not respond to the financial aid form from this email:

2022-2023 Financial Aid - Additional Information Required

Is that correct?

Just double checking if we are in ALT List we should not respond to the financial aid form from this email:

2022-2023 Financial Aid - Additional Information Required

Is that correct?
That's what I understood?

R now too and was put on the alt list in December. Issa really evil world we live in y'all stay safe out there.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For anyone who's on the AL, does your portal say that the deadline for the AL has passed? I didn't think we had to reply to confirm our AL spot

Got the R as well. Hope you guys get in somewhere wait lists will be moving at other schools real soon.

• Care
I checked the portal and never had that section before so confused. Also haven't received any financial-related emails lol
I just checked the portal and there is an additional section that says alternate response but it says something along the lines of this period has passed

Damn seems like they had a lot of people deciding to accept their A this year.

For anyone who's on the AL, does your portal say that the deadline for the AL has passed? I didn't think we had to reply to confirm our AL spot
According to someone from last year's thread since people noticed the same message:
"so I just called the admissions office number and she said they’re planning on sending out the email asking whether we would like to remain on the alternate list, which is why the tab appeared today. So despite what it says on the page, we haven’t missed any deadlines!"

Reactions: 3 users
According to someone from last year's thread since people noticed the same message:
"so I just called the admissions office number and she said they’re planning on sending out the email asking whether we would like to remain on the alternate list, which is why the tab appeared today. So despite what it says on the page, we haven’t missed any deadlines!"

Ok cool thank you for going back and finding that :)

Post II-R , interviewed in Feb, alt listed in March. Good luck everyone else!!!

• Care
Had a semi-heart attack because my neurotic self saw the "deadline has passed" message in the Albany portal. Interviewed late Oct, AL early Dec, have heard nothing since and have done nothing since so fingers crossed.

Reactions: 4 users