2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current OMS-II here. Feel free to contact/message if you have any questions! Good luck this cycle, y'all got this!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Current OMS-II here. Feel free to contact/message if you have any questions! Good luck this cycle, y'all got this!!
I'm a reinvented student (3.19 to 3.46 after 54 credits of all A's, plus 506 MCAT), does UIWSOM look at this favorably? Or is it more so based on the solid numbers?

And how is dorming?

I'm a reinvented student (3.19 to 3.46 after 54 credits of all A's, plus 506 MCAT), does UIWSOM look at this favorably? Or is it more so based on the solid numbers?

And how is dorming?

First off, good on you for that dramatic GPA increase! UIWSOM definitely does look at all that favorably and really do take your entire application into the account/ They dont care about only numbers bc only numbers dont necessarily make good physicians. The SOM doesn't have campus dorming. All of us live on off campus nearby apartments, but there are a lot of good options at different price points

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning everyone, I just got back my MCAT score from testing two weeks ago...and did not do as great as I intended (499). I have already submitted my secondary, waiting for an II but I think my chances are now gone. This is my top school because I am from SA and have seen just the amazing things UIW has done for the community. Should I just pull out and retry next year? cGPA: 3.86 sGPA: 3.79
no I think you should still try!!! you have amazing gpas

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I have a quick question - so I submitted my application on 8/4 and I'm looking at the status of my application and it says incomplete for LORs, but when I click on the recommendations link I see my hpac recommender's name and it says received right next to it. Is this a glitch, or is it just taking them time to update the portal?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.57.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.57.09 AM.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.57.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.57.16 AM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 126
Completed email on 7/11/20, no II yet. Any additional correspondence on when we will get an II? Or have any of yall gotten an II yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! I also received an II! :) very excited!

Complete 7/2, MCAT 517, cgpa 3.81, IS

Congrats everyone I was complete 7-27 so I got a while to go

Whoa they just sent a wave of IIs. No love for me, I wonder if they are interviewing high stat students first.

still waiting to hear back to friend :(
Trust me, if anyone I would be the most depressed simply cause I know the dean and faculty here, so it would be a shame to get rejected this early after all the connections and events I have been with them.

Trust me, if anyone I would be the most depressed simply cause I know the dean and faculty here, so it would be a shame to get rejected this early after all the connections and events I have been with them.

Yours will come soon enough! In the meantime, some food from Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia could boost your spirits!

How was it? Mine is next week!
I liked it a lot honestly, the MMI format is a lot different than a standard interview but I thought it was fun! They have some strong clinical affiliations which I did not know about beforehand...I was very impressed overall

Reactions: 3 users
I liked it a lot honestly, the MMI format is a lot different than a standard interview but I thought it was fun! They have some strong clinical affiliations which I did not know about beforehand...I was very impressed overall

How well do you feel they adjusted the MMI format to a virtual environment? I interview Friday and I've been curious about how this is going to look over a zoom call lol

How well do you feel they adjusted the MMI format to a virtual environment? I interview Friday and I've been curious about how this is going to look over a zoom call lol

They did a fantastic job, other than one minor hiccup everything went perfect!

I have yet to receive a secondary. I received a "received email" on august 4th. I am a little worried.

Am I the only one who hadn’t gotten a secondary??? Don’t have my mcat in (waiting for scores)