2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When does the school usually send zoom links for the virtual interview? Mine is on 3/1 but haven't received anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if they have plans to continue interviewing, but I do know that their last round of interview invites went out at the end of January, with available interview dates being Feb 1st, 5th, and 22nd.
I received II at the end of January but my interview is on March 1st so they are probably still interviewing. I'm not sure if it's just for a WL though

Reactions: 1 user
When does the school usually send zoom links for the virtual interview? Mine is on 3/1 but haven't received anything yet.
My interview was 02/02 and I received the email with all the info and links for my interview on 1/28 so about 4 days before. I would say reach out to them just in case though to ask before the end of the day Friday just to be safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get their email reminding us about the HPSP info sessions?

Reactions: 4 users
The qualifications are at least a 500 composite with a minimum 124 on each subsection.
Yea my MCAT is a 498 (125 124 125 124) unfortunately. but thankfully this school’s holistic process looked at my application/me as a whole and gave me that Acceptance despite my low score. Now I’m just scared of the cost lol

Yea my MCAT is a 498 (125 124 125 124) unfortunately. but thankfully this school’s holistic process looked at my application/me as a whole and gave me that Acceptance despite my low score. Now I’m just scared of the cost lol
Look into the HPSP!! I was chosen as a recipient with a 499 and still haven't been accepted anywhere. You definitely stand a chance of receiving it since you have already been accepted somewhere.

• Care
You can also consider the VA-HPSP; I was just awarded. While you do have to submit your MCAT score, its a smaller part of the scoring process than it is with the military HPSP.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
You can also consider the VA-HPSP; I was just awarded. While you do have to submit your MCAT score, its a smaller part of the scoring process than it is with the military HPSP.
I didn’t know this existed! Thank you!

I have never heard of VA-HPSP but will definitely look into it! Thanks so much

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t know this existed! Thank you!

Thank you!

God bless you for this

I did but I am almost 100% sure I don’t qualify because of my MCAT unfortunately
MCAT is totally waivable for HPSP for all 3 branches. My overall score is above 500 but I still need waiver on one section for 1 point (Damn CARS...)! Just sometimes some recruiter (or their unit) doesn't want to do the extra work to put in the waiver for you. If that happens, talk to a different recruiter. As least they should try... Even you are not selected for the 4 year HPSP, you can still try to get the 3 year HPSP with the 20K bonus.

• Care
MCAT is totally waivable for HPSP for all 3 branches. My overall score is above 500 but I still need waiver on one section for 1 point (Damn CARS...)! Just sometimes some recruiter (or their unit) doesn't want to do the extra work to put in the waiver for you. If that happens, talk to a different recruiter. As least they should try... Even you are not selected for the 4 year HPSP, you can still try to get the 3 year HPSP with the 20K bonus.
Thank you! I’ll definitely reach out to them

Just got an interview invite today after being on the "no room for now" list since october...

Just got an interview invite after being put on hold as well. I'm going to wait until March 5 however

I also got an II this morning! Can anyone confirm if the entire interview is closed-file, or do they have some info about our apps?

I also got an II this morning! Can anyone confirm if the entire interview is closed-file, or do they have some info about our apps?
It’s closed file-MMI types of questions. They don’t specifically ask about activities in your app

got an ii today, was on their waitlist for like 2 months, been complete since 09/15

I believe there were six talk stations with a break and a writing station making 8 total. The group interview is really super short - only about 10 minutes.
Where did you type your answer for the writing station? Did someone read the prompt to you? Basically, where and how the prompt was presented? was it in an email? in the chat window? Where did you type the answer? It will be great if I can use Word Doc, I can't live without the autocorrect feature. lol. Could you please explain a bit. I don't want to be embarrassed for too many typos.

Where did you type your answer for the writing station? Did someone read the prompt to you? Basically, where and how the prompt was presented? was it in an email? in the chat window? Where did you type the answer? It will be great if I can use Word Doc, I can't live without the autocorrect feature. lol. Could you please explain a bit. I don't want to be embarrassed for too many typos.
Just breathe, it will be okay lol. The writing station is in a Google Forms. You are free to type it into a Word doc and copy/paste it back into the Google Forms if you want. No one reads any of the prompts to you; they are displayed on the Zoom. However, you only get 2 mins to study the prompt before they take it away (that's true for all stations, not just the writing one).

Just breathe, it will be okay lol. The writing station is in a Google Forms. You are free to type it into a Word doc and copy/paste it back into the Google Forms if you want. No one reads any of the prompts to you; they are displayed on the Zoom. However, you only get 2 mins to study the prompt before they take it away (that's true for all stations, not just the writing one).
I think Google form check for spelling too, if not I use Word Doc. When you say the questions are displayed on Zoom, you mean like in the chat window or they share screen? Is it allowed to take notes or copy the question? So then the Q disappear and the interviewer comes on after 2 min? Sorry for the million dumb questions. I just perform much better and it reduce the anxiety, if I know what exactly I am expecting. So THANK you SO MUCH for helping me out here.

Zoom screen share, they display prompt on a PPT slide, you get 2 mins to prep, prompt goes away and interviewer comes on. You can take whatever notes you want, but you CANNOT screen shot anything. They will make you sign an agreement stating you won't screen shot or record any part of the interview.

They will also go over all of this just before your interview. I promise you won't be unprepared when the time comes!

You type your response in Google Forms if I’m not mistaken and when you enter the station for the writing prompt, they show you the prompt. You have two min to read it and 8 min to write.

Zoom screen share, they display prompt on a PPT slide, you get 2 mins to prep, prompt goes away and interviewer comes on. You can take whatever notes you want, but you CANNOT screen shot anything. They will make you sign an agreement stating you won't screen shot or record any part of the interview.

They will also go over all of this just before your interview. I promise you won't be unprepared when the time comes!
That make sense. They don't want anyone to share the questions afterwards. I am surprised they even allow note taking, most schools don't. I definitely don't need to record/screen the event. I want to finish and then forget all about it, so I don't over analyze and blame myself for all the little moments that it could go better. lol

That make sense. They don't want anyone to share the questions afterwards. I am surprised they even allow note taking, most schools don't. I definitely don't need to record/screen the event. I want to finish and then forget all about it, so I don't over analyze and blame myself for all the little moments that it could go better. lol
I'm sure you'll do great! Best of luck and let us know how your interview goes!! Hope to see you in the class this fall :)

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist recently? I've been on the post-interview waitlist since early February.

• Sad
I'm sure you'll do great! Best of luck and let us know how your interview goes!! Hope to see you in the class this fall :)
Thank you. Fingers crossed. I will give you my real name in a msg if I get in, and we can laugh about this in Fall ;)

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist recently? I've been on the post-interview waitlist since early February.
I dont think movement will start til a little later, they're still interviewing people and I think the class is mostly full at this point. Match day for TMDSAS is friday though so there will def be people dropping soon

I dont think movement will start til a little later, they're still interviewing people and I think the class is mostly full at this point. Match day for TMDSAS is friday though so there will def be people dropping soon
how do you know the class is mostly full?

Think they'll be sending out anymore interview invites? :-/

Is the school still interviewing? Or is waitlist movement going to begin soon?

Withdrew my acceptance from here this morning. Hoping it goes to one of y’all!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Current OMS-IV at UIWSOM. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have

• Care
Got the “interview hold” email a few times and just received the official rejection pre-II

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Did anybody else get a waitlist email who interviewed on the 02/22?

Do those already with their EMT cert still have to do (and pay for) the EMT portion of the curriculum? I'm due to renew mine this year, but don't know if I should...