2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the post II acceptance % is? Also does it differ between IS and OOS because I know TUC heavily favors IS applicants. Not sure if they factor in the IS/OOS pre-II or post-II.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the post II acceptance % is? Also does it differ between IS and OOS because I know TUC heavily favors IS applicants. Not sure if they factor in the IS/OOS pre-II or post-II.

I'd like to believe this though i dunno the validity of it

Reactions: 2 users

I'd like to believe this though i dunno the validity of it

This is interesting. So basically they interview mostly CA residents, but if you get one from out of state they still keep the same ~80% post interview acceptance rate. I'd like to believe this is true, but can't be sure

Members don't see this ad :)
This is interesting. So basically they interview mostly CA residents, but if you get one from out of state they still keep the same ~80% post interview acceptance rate. I'd like to believe this is true, but can't be sure
Pretty exciting for an OOS person like myself...and yeah can't be sure if this is trustworthy

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty exciting for an OOS person like myself...and yeah can't be sure if this is trustworthy

Yeah, I'm also out of state and pretty excited. Good luck to you!

II around 2pm today! LM 73, OOS, ORM

Just got an II and talked with the admissions office. She said that its still really early in the cycle and she is being inundated with emails. She says she is drowning. Could we all be kind and slow down on those? I mention it because she specifically referenced student doctor network. They are just barely starting interviews so let's all be patient. They are coming

Just got an II and talked with the admissions office. She said that its still really early in the cycle and she is being inundated with emails. She says she is drowning. Could we all be kind and slow down on those? I mention it because she specifically referenced student doctor network. They are just barely starting interviews so let's all be patient. They are coming
Congratulations! When were you complete?

II Today! OOS
3.4c, 3.69s, 510

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I'm a current TUC student and I'm somewhat involved in the admissions process. I'd be happy to address some concerns (with the caveat that I'm not always checking this site).

I'll go ahead and say a few things that may be on your radar at this time:
-Secondaries should be sent out to everyone who meets the minimum requirements that are listed on the admissions page (and after the primary has been verified). It may take some time, but just be patient.
-Our admissions department is not at all related to Touro Nevada or any other Touro schools. You can consider each school independent from one another.
-No interviews have been offered yet at this time. Again, be patient. Interviews will begin mid-September and will be held virtually via Zoom.
-Our school uses a panel interview format. This format helps us 1) interview as many candidates as possible throughout the year since we are a small school with limited staff compared to larger institutions; 2) assess an applicant's interaction in a group setting since our program relies heavily on a team learning curriculum. I suggest you do your research on how best to approach these kinds of interviews.

Also, our admissions department holds weekly virtual Q/A sessions (requires a Zoom account) with some admissions counselors and sometimes students. They will answer questions regarding admissions, campus/student life and other things. The website for that information is here: FYI Fridays - Touro University, California
Hey, thanks for doing this!

Quick question: How strictly are the word counts on the essays enforced? Is it okay if I have slightly more than the limit? (~25- 50 words more)

Members don't see this ad :)
II! From the Bay Area, so super excited about this one

Hey, thanks for doing this!

Quick question: How strictly are the word counts on the essays enforced? Is it okay if I have slightly more than the limit? (~25- 50 words more)

Strict.
Let this be your chance to practice how to be coherent yet succinct. Many great applicants can be impressive by using few choice words rather than verbose anecdotes. Let the most important aspects about you shine and trim down all the extra fluff. Remember this for your interviews as well, since it looks very badly if you try to take up too much time answering a question in a round about way...especially when you have 4 other candidates interviewing with you.

There isn't a more appropriate way to announce this, but TUC has experienced some death within it's personnel recently. Without giving away too much information, I'll just say that these deaths (not COVID related) are significantly emotional for the admissions department. Everyone is still working through it all (on top of a pandemic!) to make sure IIs get sent out and applications are reviewed. So I urge everyone to be as mindful as possible and limit your emails if you can. Your respect for the situation would be much appreciated.

Edit: This is not an invitation to send more emails expressing your condolences. While you may have good intentions, that just exacerbates the situation.

Last edited:
  • Sad
don't lose hope everyone, got my secondary today after being verified on 7/20. you'll probably need half a day to sort through it, its a nightmare

Has anyone been able to reach TUC about their fee waiver? I emailed them weeks ago and haven't heard back but don't want to submit secondary because it says to enter the Fee waiver before submitting...

II today (OOS). Complete 8/10. Earliest dates available were 10/12 and 10/13

Hello! I submitted and had my AACOMAS app verified for over a month and still no word or even a secondary app... I'm IS. Should I be worried?

Has anyone been able to reach TUC about their fee waiver? I emailed them weeks ago and haven't heard back but don't want to submit secondary because it says to enter the Fee waiver before submitting...

I just bit the bullet and paid the fee

II! Complete 7/18, 513, 3.5 cGPA

Hello! I submitted and had my AACOMAS app verified for over a month and still no word or even a secondary app... I'm IS. Should I be worried?
I'm currently in the same boat as well. I was verified in July.

II (my first one this cycle yay!!). Secondary received 7/21, complete 8/4.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone, does anyone know if they send out a complete email?

Thank you, do you remember how long after you submitted your secondary that they sent you one?
I believe it took a couple of days they have to review that sheet they had you sign and scan in

submitted and verified on 8/6 and still no secondary......should I be emailing them or.......? I’m IS

submitted and verified on 8/6 and still no secondary......should I be emailing them or.......? I’m IS
You can try, I also sent them an email about a month after being verified and got the secondary within a few days after emailing.

II on Thurs Sep 3rd (first of the cycle!) IS, secondary received Aug 4, completed Aug 18.
I've tried to call to schedule an interview twice and left a message. Hoping they get back to me soon haha!

Finally received secondary app (after sending them an email) and the link won't work? Anyone else have this issue?

I'm IS and this school still hasn't sent me a secondary and its been a month lol

can any current students give some advise regarding the interview? How can on best increase their chances for acceptance if an interview's already been granted? What do they seem to look for in an applicant?

Opened my secondary app today and couldn’t find an essay section... am I tripping? I pre-wrote them out.

Does anyone know where I can access the match statistics for this program and/or names of programs that students matched into? I cannot find it on their webpage.

For those of you who interviewed in their panel system, how long approximately was the average answer given by applicants? (e.g. 20 secs, 1 minute etc) . Did you get a sense of how long they want each answer to be or is it all over the place with some giving short concise answers and others giving monologues? Does the panel ever ask a follow up question before moving to the next participant or is it strictly 1 questions per applicant per turn? Did you get a sense of whether there is a sweet spot for the length of the answer based on the reactions of the panel?