2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them asking about my app status and got the 2* this morning!
:0 well I might just do the same in the coming days. Thanks for the heads up!

Members don't see this ad.

So we have 250 words total to answer all of the work, volunteer, awards, Why us, and why should we accept you questions???

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the maximum number of letters of recs they accept?

So did everyone fill out all of the "Post-secondary Academic Record" section or just leave it blank because its not required and we already did that on AACOMAS?

:0 well I might just do the same in the coming days. Thanks for the heads up!
Did you receive a secondary after contacting the admissions department? I have not received the secondary or the initial acknowledgement of application email and I was verified early June.. wondering if I should contact the admissions department too.

Did you receive a secondary after contacting the admissions department? I have not received the secondary or the initial acknowledgement of application email and I was verified early June.. wondering if I should contact the admissions department too.
I emailed them on friday and am still waiting on a reply. Will probably email again wednesday if I don't get a reply since it could have gotten lost. I'm in the same boat as you though, no initial acknowledgement either.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a hopeful candidate for DO schools this year too--not a rep of any kind, but I'm from Vallejo (born/raised) and if anyone has questions about the area, shoot me a PM! I'm happy to try & help <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Just got an email telling me they downloaded my primary. So looks like they're getting to them!

So does anyone have a the confirmed max amount of words needed for secondary?

Verified mid June and still waiting for a secondary. I got a secondary for Touro Nevada 3 weeks ago though?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I'm a current TUC student and I'm somewhat involved in the admissions process. I'd be happy to address some concerns (with the caveat that I'm not always checking this site).

I'll go ahead and say a few things that may be on your radar at this time:
-Secondaries should be sent out to everyone who meets the minimum requirements that are listed on the admissions page (and after the primary has been verified). It may take some time, but just be patient.
-Our admissions department is not at all related to Touro Nevada or any other Touro schools. You can consider each school independent from one another.
-No interviews have been offered yet at this time. Again, be patient. Interviews will begin mid-September and will be held virtually via Zoom.
-Our school uses a panel interview format. This format helps us 1) interview as many candidates as possible throughout the year since we are a small school with limited staff compared to larger institutions; 2) assess an applicant's interaction in a group setting since our program relies heavily on a team learning curriculum. I suggest you do your research on how best to approach these kinds of interviews.

Also, our admissions department holds weekly virtual Q/A sessions (requires a Zoom account) with some admissions counselors and sometimes students. They will answer questions regarding admissions, campus/student life and other things. The website for that information is here: FYI Fridays - Touro University, California

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if we can submit a CV instead of a Resume lol?

Does anyone know if we can submit a CV instead of a Resume lol?

I believe it said that the Resume was optional for the osteopathic medical school app so you don't have to submit it

I believe it said that the Resume was optional for the osteopathic medical school app so you don't have to submit it
oh okie dope! Also for the Post-Secondary Academic Record, what should we put for the "degree date" if we didn't get a degree from that college?

oh okie dope! Also for the Post-Secondary Academic Record, what should we put for the "degree date" if we didn't get a degree from that college?

If there's no continuing education option and you can't put the date you anticipate you'll finish then I'd just put the furtherest date you can. I believe on the AACOMAS application there was an option to say when you will finish and they'll have access to that so it won't be that big of a deal

If I've already submitted LORs to AACOMAS, do I need to add my recommendations to the portal as well? or just their names?

If I've already submitted LORs to AACOMAS, do I need to add my recommendations to the portal as well? or just their names?
Honestly, I wasn't sure about this and left it blank lol bc it wouldn't let me just put their names and required an email

Did anyone send their letters of recommendation directly through Interfolio rather than through AACOMAS? I'm trying to do this but I am confused on where I send the letters to from Interfolio.

Did anyone send their letters of recommendation directly through Interfolio rather than through AACOMAS? I'm trying to do this but I am confused on where I send the letters to from Interfolio.
I did! It was confusing for me as well but I found this youtube video that showed me how to do it:

I did! It was confusing for me as well but I found this youtube video that showed me how to do it:

but also... it lowkey took a long time so I think I remember literally just asking my letter writers to send it into AACOMAS directly. I believe that only took a day or two as compared to the week or two through Interfolio! But also I think Interfolio was backed up when I requested so it may not take that long anymore.

but also... it lowkey took a long time so I think I remember literally just asking my letter writers to send it into AACOMAS directly. I believe that only took a day or two as compared to the week or two through Interfolio! But also I think Interfolio was backed up when I requested so it may not take that long anymore.
You can also send an email to interfolio asking them to expedite your request! I waited over two weeks after sending the LOR request and then once I asked them to expedite it, AACOMAS received it the same day.

Thank you for this! I was actually wondering if anyone had experience with sending letters directly from Interfolio to TUC rather than Interfolio --> AACOMAS --> TUC. On their website it says this is allowed but doesn't provide much detail on how to do this. I'll probably email admissions about this. Thanks!

Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I haven't heard anything..submitted on 7/24

Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I haven't heard anything..submitted on 7/24
I submitted my primary 6/17 and just got my secondary yesterday... it's a long wait unfortunately

Hey guys for the Awards and Recognitions part, should we include publications and Posters/ Oral Presentations?

If I'm interested in DO/MPH pathway, do I have answer to prompts for MPH in secondary portal as well?

Last edited:
for the questions that ask us to list things, are you guys just writing:
1. Hospital Volunteering
2. Free-clinic volunteer, etc.
or are you writing a description too?

for the questions that ask us to list things, are you guys just writing:
1. Hospital Volunteering
2. Free-clinic volunteer, etc.
or are you writing a description too?
i give a list if it asks for one

i give a list if it asks for one
okay right i'm giving a list but i'm asking if I should include a short description of the thing im listing. for ex. when i'm listing my hobbies it looks kinda weird- baking, swimming, surfing, etc.

okay right i'm giving a list but i'm asking if I should include a short description of the thing im listing. for ex. when i'm listing my hobbies it looks kinda weird- baking, swimming, surfing, etc.
They don't ask for descriptions. They tell you what they want: "the type of experience, sponsor, duration, and position." I don't plan to put descriptions.

They don't ask for descriptions. They tell you what they want: "the type of experience, sponsor, duration, and position." I don't plan to put descriptions.
Yeah I just pretty much bullet pointed and gave them what they asked without description. I don’t think it would hurt to tag a description but I mean imo simpler and cleaner is better.

Update: Just got an email telling me they downloaded my primary. So looks like they're getting to them!
+1 !

After receiving that email about being downloaded, how long did you guys have to wait for the secondary?