2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted off the waitlist!
I have a question, does anyone know if there are internal rankings within the school or if students are not ranked at all even though its pass/no pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Just accepted off the waitlist!
I have a question, does anyone know if there are internal rankings within the school or if students are not ranked at all even though its pass/no pass?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/stats? I believe it is true P/F with no internal rankings but someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I was wondering if any current students at Touro-CA could share the hospital and/or clinic names of where clinical rotations take place during 3rd year (where our core clinical rotations would take place)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if any current students at Touro-CA could share the hospital and/or clinic names of where clinical rotations take place during 3rd year (where our core clinical rotations would take place)?
Students are assigned via lottery to a region, which often consists of multiple hospitals close geographically

Most common region: Stockton
2nd Most Common: North Bay (Vallejo, Santa Ros, Fairfield, etc)

Remaining
Salinas
Sacramento
Bakersfield

NYC (opt in only)

Reactions: 1 user
Students are assigned via lottery to a region, which often consists of multiple hospitals close geographically

Most common region: Stockton
2nd Most Common: North Bay (Vallejo, Santa Ros, Fairfield, etc)

Remaining
Salinas
Sacramento
Bakersfield

NYC (opt in only)
Awesome! Is it possible to find out the names of the hospitals and/or clinics where students will rotate at in those regions? It would really help me out as I’m trying to decide between two schools and I wanted to use clinical rotation sites as one of my deciding factors.

Hi! I got accepted off waitlist and was told my acceptance letter would be sent out today via email but have not received one. Anyone else? I worry too much and eager about my acceptance since it’s my top choice /:

Hi! I got accepted off waitlist and was told my acceptance letter would be sent out today via email but have not received one. Anyone else? I worry too much and eager about my acceptance since it’s my top choice /:
Hi! Congrats! Email Lynn Huckle if you have still not received your letter.

Awesome! Is it possible to find out the names of the hospitals and/or clinics where students will rotate at in those regions? It would really help me out as I’m trying to decide between two schools and I wanted to use clinical rotation sites as one of my deciding factors.
There isnt a list that I can find that you can look at. It does vary alot, sometime even within a specific region, on what hospitals you rotate in for certain rotations.

By far the most students end up in Stockton at St. Josephs or another nearby hospital for most of their rotations. 50 out of 135 usually.

Another is Natividad in Salinas, if you choose that region.

Northbay varies a lot.

Keep in mind, while you do a lottery system for your region, you don't really get a say on the order, or the hospitals within that region that you end up going to.

Withdrew my A today, hopefully someone hears good news soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the waitlist! Are there any students I can ask some questions to? Need to decide before tomorrow night!

Reactions: 1 users
same^ need to decide by tomorrow night and have questions

Reactions: 1 users
The accurate class size right now is around 126 students - there may be students who will be withdrawing their acceptances in the coming days/weeks - but as it looks right now, there is room for about 10 or so more students in the Class.

Good luck to you all who are waiting to hear back!
I believe the entire class should be full at this time (all 135). But like you said spots will consistently emerge as people withdraw their acceptances because they got off a WL somewhere else they'd rather attend. The FB page is not the best indicator because there are quite a few current Touro students on it, plus some people are just delaying on getting onto the FB page despite already being accepted.

Is there a Discord for the C/O 2027?
there is i heard but idk i don't have the link. i mentioned making a group me but many people don't like the platform and also said discord is much better, etc.

Hello everyone, I posted this on the 2023-2024 Touro thread as im an applicant for this year's cycle. However, I was hoping if someone could give some insight from last years cycle.

This is what I posted: Am I trippin, but I just checked the Touro Portal. On the Application dashboard, I had an entry for "Application Registration: TUC-OC-Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Supplemental Application (TUC)." However, a new entry just showed up today that saids " Application Registration: My name". The Program and Semester is blank as well. Does anyone else who submitted their secondary have this new entry? I never saw it before until today.

Does anyone know if this means anything?

When's the deadline to commit to enroll? I don't see it stated in any emails or on the website.

Just got an II call after being rejected in May. Couldn't be more shocked considering I'm all set up for another school.

Just got an II call after being rejected in May. Couldn't be more shocked considering I'm all set up for another school.
i heard that too. that is crazy considering we are one month away from orientation. i guess they went through all the WL. people probably withdrew because of another school, etc.

Hi! From my understanding/insider knowledge, it seems that there will be additional options provided this year, this time around for students scheduled to interview this July 2023. It may not apply to all, and I don't want to speak for all, but it seems like those who will be interviewing this July 2023 may be notified that they are interviewing for both Fall 2023 (if space allows them to be accommodated this Fall), or for next year's incoming Class of 2024 (Class of 2028 basically).
Oh that's great news! I wasn't invited for an interview yet, so I'm not too sure if that applies to me. But if it does, that's terrific! I attached a screenshot to add some context to what it looks like. I blocked out my name for privacy reasons..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-080712_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630-080712_Chrome.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 146
Oh that's great news! I wasn't invited for an interview yet, so I'm not too sure if that applies to me. But if it does, that's terrific! I attached a screenshot to add some context to what it looks like. I blocked out my name for privacy reasons..
I would send this to Lynn Huckle, if you still need clarification

I am planning on withdrawing my acceptance to Touro. Does anyone know the process to do so?
Hope it goes to one of you!

Last edited:
just received a call for an II for fall 2023 start even though I was rejected back in May 😭

got an accept-hold, meaning i'm accepted but there isn't a seat available for me. apparently this list is ranked and i have to wait for an orientation standby email to know if i need to attend.

Got the acceptance call today, interviewed just yesterday (07/11)!!