2019-2020 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine
Each 500 Words

Members don't see this ad :)
Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine
Each 500 Words

Did you get the secondary today?

Interesting... I got a message that they received my primary and that the admissions committee would look at it for 10-14 days and they would get back to me. Did you get something like this?

I got that e-mail and then the secondary a few hours later.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else not heard anything at all? Like no email or anything?

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting... I got a message that they received my primary and that the admissions committee would look at it for 10-14 days and they would get back to me. Did you get something like this?
Yes, I got that email, and then about an hour later received an email with the secondary info.

Don’t want to start something here but I have to say, I was expecting something much worse. This honestly sounds like a mistake and is one side of the story. There was a lot of “I can’t prove it but it seems like”. I’m very sympathetic to the person this happened to, and it is not okay. But I don’t think it’s worth not applying to a school over something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how strict they are on the physician LOR requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the question in the secondary that asks “have you been engaged in any volunteer experience?”, are you guys just listing all of your volunteer experiences with the info they asked for or are you also including descriptions of what you did/what you learned?

For the question in the secondary that asks “have you been engaged in any volunteer experience?”, are you guys just listing all of your volunteer experiences with the info they asked for or are you also including descriptions of what you did/what you learned?
I also put a description of the activities that I did.

In the email inviting me to submit a secondary they said they haven't received my letter of rec from a physician or science professors, but I already sent in a letter packet from my school to AACOMAS. AACOMAS says that my letter of recs have been received and it's marked as complete. Do I need to send the packet separately to TUCOM or does it just take some time for them to get it from AACOMAS?

In the email inviting me to submit a secondary they said they haven't received my letter of rec from a physician or science professors, but I already sent in a letter packet from my school to AACOMAS. AACOMAS says that my letter of recs have been received and it's marked as complete. Do I need to send the packet separately to TUCOM or does it just take some time for them to get it from AACOMAS?

Issues like this are most easily resolved by picking up the phone and calling them. That’s what they’re there for!

Why didn't they ask for my AACOMAS ID
Do I have to ask LOR to send emails directly them also?

Did anyone else fill out the entire parent income section (even though it is on our primary application)?

Good luck to everyone applying!! AACOMAS Submitted June 21 Received secondary on July 1. Has anyone else gotten one yet? Have a few questions about the prompts.

Goodluck to you too hombre! There's a whole section on this site for these threads though ("School-Specific Discussions"). Go check out:
Thanks brotha. FOr some reason i was looking for that thread for 30 minutes and it was not popping up. So thank you!

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to tackle the question addressing the committee and unique experiences. I feel like I could write the same thing for both and am interested in how people are differentiating the topics they talk about.

here are the questions

1: Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class? (250 words)
2: Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities. (500 words)

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to tackle the question addressing the committee and unique experiences. I feel like I could write the same thing for both and am interested in how people are differentiating the topics they talk about.

here are the questions

1: Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class? (250 words)
2: Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities. (500 words)
struggling with this one too..

Do you know what the minimum/ average MCAT scores are for this school?

I very confused. When I was initially doing the application it said if we uploaded letter through the CAS we did not need to do anything for LOR's. Was there something else we were supposed to do? If so, if I have already submitted and paid the fee a while ago is it too late to fix this issue with my LOR's?

Did you enter all the LORs? They were already in the primary, so not sure if I have to fill in that section before submitting. Thanks!

I was confused by this so I re-uploaded them to the Touro server. I know some people said it was already in the primary but oh well, I saw that after.

I was confused by this so I re-uploaded them to the Touro server. I know some people said it was already in the primary but oh well, I saw that after.
How were you able to re-upload them? When I click on the recommendations tab there is nothing for me to click to be able to upload them. Just not sure how I can go back and do this just to cover all my bases.

its very confusing for sure. Another question...have any of you applied to another Touro school? I can’t figure out how to get a new application to come up. Do I need to have a second account (second email?). That seems odd to me.

its very confusing for sure. Another question...have any of you applied to another Touro school? I can’t figure out how to get a new application to come up. Do I need to have a second account (second email?). That seems odd to me.
yes you need to create another account for the other campus

Ok. With a different email?? That seems crazy.
not a different email, it should let you make another one with the same email. I used mine for both, it was just my username code was different between the CA campus and the NV one if that makes sense.

not a different email, it should let you make another one with the same email. I used mine for both, it was just my username code was different between the CA campus and the NV one if that makes sense.
Oh gotcha. I’ll try it again. Having a second email to watch is not ideal. Thanks!!!

How were you able to re-upload them? When I click on the recommendations tab there is nothing for me to click to be able to upload them. Just not sure how I can go back and do this just to cover all my bases.

I re-sent them through interfolio

I re-sent them through interfolio
So I have to contact all my letter writers again and see if they have an Interfolio account and have them re upload through there? Seems repetitive especially when it says we do not need to worry if they have been uploaded in a CAS before.

So I have to contact all my letter writers again and see if they have an Interfolio account and have them re upload through there? Seems repetitive especially when it says we do not need to worry if they have been uploaded in a CAS before.
I just used the interfolio delivery system since they were already stored, but again, it probably wasn't the right way to do it haha

Any idea when II are sent out? Or have any been sent this season yet?

For the secondary, when it asks if you are a re-applicant... is this asking if you previously applied to TUCOM and interviewed, or applied and interviewed at any school?

II today. The email says to call them to schedule it and we have a week to do so. I called but no one answered :shrug:

For people who have called to schedule their interviews, did they give you a lot of date options/what are the dates they’re currently scheduling?