2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying they received my application and will take 14-21 days for processing. Does that mean the secondary will come then?

Does Touro cali not have prompts? I Just got an email from them saying they've received my application and will reach back in 2 weeks. Not sure if this means there is no secondary or if they're reviewing if i should even get a secondary, which would be odd in my opinion.

Could you share the essay prompts?
Please describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine including osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). Please include your personal exposure to osteopathic medicine (if any) and demonstrate your understanding of the osteopathic principles and history of the profession.

Please discuss how your life experiences and personal characteristics will contribute to your future success as an outstanding osteopathic physician. This is your opportunity to include information you may not have included within your primary application.

When considering medical schools, what criteria are important to you and how does TUCOM align with those criteria?

500w

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 user
OOS secondary received. When filling out the application it asks what year you are matriculating. There is only a Fall 2021 option. Anyone else having this problem?

OOS secondary received. When filling out the application it asks what year you are matriculating. There is only a Fall 2021 option. Anyone else having this problem?
I am! I emailed them about it, I will post here when they reply to me.

Not sure what you mean by prescreen. As long as you meet the minimum requirements, you will get a secondary. It's taking us a while to process the primaries. Rest assured you will get your secondary soon.
Minimum MCAT: 502
So TUCOM does not actually read the primary before sending right, just sees if stats meet minimums? because in the secondary email it says we have reviewed your primary and you have been selected

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro sent out an email saying that they just added an option for Fall 2022. If you already submitted, then they will change it to Fall 2022 for you.

Should I concerned that I have not received a secondary yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Should I concerned that I have not received a secondary yet?
If you meet our minimum GPA and MCAT you will receive a secondary.
We are processing applications every day - hopefully yours will come soon.

Anyone else having an issue with the link instructions for the secondary? It's showing the site as unreachable for me

If you meet our minimum GPA and MCAT you will receive a secondary.
We are processing applications every day - hopefully yours will come soon.
I have a 500 and 3.8 GPA does that mean I won’t get a secondary?

I meet both their cutoffs but have been waiting for over a month so I think they are reviewing each app individually but I am not sure

Minimum Academic Requirements

Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine is one of the few medical schools that pre-screens off of the primary (AACOMAS) application. Candidates are expected to earn minimum Science and Cumulative GPA's of 3.0 or greater. Typically, successful candidates earn Science and Cumulative GPA's of 3.3 or greater.

All candidates are required to have obtained a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to the start of the Class for which they are applying.

Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)

A composit (total) MCAT score of 502 or better is required for consideration; there is no requirement for individiual section scores. For the 2021-22 application cycle (Class of 2026), MCAT scores may be no older than January 1st, 2018.

so I see that 502 is required for secondary and 3.0 gpa for science and overall.

Not sure what you mean by prescreen. As long as you meet the minimum requirements, you will get a secondary. It's taking us a while to process the primaries. Rest assured you will get your secondary soon.
Minimum MCAT: 502

Hi,

I read on the website that successful candidates have a sgpa/cgpa 3.3 or more. While my cgpa is 3.56, but my sgpa is 3.29. I was wondering whether is a strict cutoff? My mcat is a 508 if that is another factor that could be considered.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,

I read on the website that successful candidates have a sgpa/cgpa 3.3 or more. While my cgpa is 3.56, but my sgpa is 3.29. I was wondering whether is a strict cutoff? My mcat is a 508 if that is another factor that could be considered.

Thank you!
You should still receive a secondary with a 3.29 sgpa.
The cut off is 3.0.

Hi guys I am OOS and I see one of the short essays is asking specifically about experiences with TUCOM (Have you attended any TUCOM information sessions on campus, at another location, or virtually? If yes, please list the event(s) in which you participated.). I never had any interactions with the school and I wonder if I just put a N/A or a short sentence saying no will I be put in a disadvantage status??

is anyone else still waiting for a secondary? verified on 6/9 and GPA and MCAT above the cutoff. Just want to know if im not alone lol

Reactions: 3 users
is anyone else still waiting for a secondary? verified on 6/9 and GPA and MCAT above the cutoff. Just want to know if im not alone lol
I am still waiting...i wasn't verified until July 5th. OOS and meet the cut offs.

Also waiting for a secondary. 3.5 GPA and 502 MCAT. Verified in late June. A bit worried.

anyone submit their primary and not recieve a secondary yet. submitted late June early July and still nothing. Kinda goes against the being "early"
( and i meet the requirements for a secondary) 504 mcat 3.3 science gpa 3.55 overall.

I have 5 excellent letters of recommendation but missing 1 of the two required letters from science professors. One of the professors I asked to get a letter from unfortunately passed away. Does that mean I will no longer be considered?
I am IS, stats are 507 and 3.92 :'(

Last edited:
I have 5 excellent letters of recommendation but missing 1 of the two required letters from science professors. One of the professors I asked to get a letter from unfortunately passed away. Does that mean I will no longer be considered?
I am super bummed about it because this is my top choice. I am IS, stats are 507 and 3.92 :'(
PM me

Hi guys I am OOS and I see one of the short essays is asking specifically about experiences with TUCOM (Have you attended any TUCOM information sessions on campus, at another location, or virtually? If yes, please list the event(s) in which you participated.). I never had any interactions with the school and I wonder if I just put a N/A or a short sentence saying no will I be put in a disadvantage status??
well either way be truthful since if they find out you lied it would put you in a worse situation.

Hi, @tucomstudoc! I submitted my primary app in the middle of June. My cum and science GPAs are 3.8, and my MCAT score is 506 (128/123/127/128). Do you think I will receive a secondary app?

well either way be truthful since if they find out you lied it would put you in a worse situation.
Yes - please do not lie on your application!
Keep in mind you are entering a profession that requires you to be honest with patients. If you lie now, sooner or later it will catch up to you. Plus, we will most likely terminate your application if we find out (as will other medical schools if you lie on their apps).

Hi, @tucomstudoc! I submitted my primary app in the middle of June. My cum and science GPAs are 3.8, and my MCAT score is 506 (128/123/127/128). Do you think I will receive a secondary app?
If you meet the minimum requirements you will receive a secondary. Sorry for the wait. There were delays on our end.

My LORs submitted letters to AACOMAS. Do I still add their info on the secondary app? Very confused.

anyone know if we have to upload the resume to the application site

Does TUCOM-CA require casper? I saw the other 2 campuses required it but there was no option to send my casper score to TUCOM-CA on the site

anyone know if we have to upload the resume to the application site
You can upload a resume, but presumably the experiences you have are elaborated in your activities/extracurricular section of your primary.