2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A53A2F5D-13C3-434B-9F64-CC42263A97AD.jpeg

Somehow, Toledo being a Chad seems very fittingšŸ„“

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the most confusing part is that they've clearly decided that they're happy with their candidates if they sent out more pre-II Rs. So they should just send you all the As by that logic...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol this is hilarious and painful at the same time. Iā€™m laughing so hard but I have sad tears flowing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

At least weā€™re suffering together? :ā€™)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I managed to get a hold of someone at the admissions office. She said that they're working on the final evaluations and will have results very shortly. When I expressed that it's very late in the cycle and that we've been waiting a very long time, she said that they're currently working on it and they're on top of it. She also said that she's been "emailing them to get their evaluations in".

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I managed to get a hold of someone at the admissions office. She said that they're working on the final evaluations and will have results very shortly. When I expressed that it's very late in the cycle and that we've been waiting a very long time, she said that they're currently working on it and they're on top of it. She also said that she's been "emailing them to get their evaluations in".

thanks so much. I wonder how long it takes for ppl to do evals and send them in.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for contacting them! Itā€™s unfortunate that office staff have to field our questions/complaints when theyā€™re not really involved in the admissions decisions, but nice to know that our message is somehow being passed on and the committee is being prodded to move things along. Letā€™s hope we can bully them into sending those decisions outšŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5 users
So I am confused about the scholarship situation. It is still saying that it is closed and past the deadline.

• Hmm
idk if im mentally prepared for another week of nothing ā˜¹ļø

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there are still ways to apply for scholarships? I emailed financial aid and they responded the deadlines already passed. I thought May 31st was no longer the deadlinešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there are still ways to apply for scholarships? I emailed financial aid and they responded the deadlines already passed. I thought May 31st was no longer the deadlinešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
That's so weird. I literally have receipts of them saying that the deadlines have been removed.

• Care
That's so weird. I literally have receipts of them saying that the deadlines have been removed.
+1
From their email to me: "The financial aid and the scholarship committee are aware of our delay on getting decisions out and have extended the deadlines with no end date at this time." But I did see the link says the submission period had ended.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed that there were so decisions sent out today. I was really looking forward to some news.

• Care
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed that there were so decisions sent out today. I was really looking forward to some news.

Same! I thought, okay, it's getting pretty close, they're gonna have to pick it up this week.

Guess I'd better start working on my application to clown college šŸ¤”

Same! I thought, okay, it's getting pretty close, they're gonna have to pick it up this week.

Guess I'd better start working on my application to clown college šŸ¤”
There's always 5pm šŸ„“

I know SDN isn't everyone, but I can't believe it's June and only a few decisions went out Tuesday

do yā€™all think theyā€™ve made decisions already and just havenā€™t sent them, or that they havenā€™t even reviewed us yet?

• Hmm
Toledo sending out 2 decisions and calling it a week:
8089EC3C-6647-46A0-A741-38E51B8087E6.gif

It seems like lately they only give out Aā€™s once a week so Iā€™m trying not to hold my breath for today or tomorrow :/

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
do yā€™all think theyā€™ve made decisions already and just havenā€™t sent them, or that they havenā€™t even reviewed us yet?
Well supposedly theyā€™re working on our final evaluations so... ???? Whatever that means

• Haha
EE31870E-0C21-4B2D-8B47-DCAB9DFADFB2.gif

UT ily

edit: this really is out of affection. i really love this school and you all so im still trying to be positive about it šŸ˜­

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
I love how this thread went from a normal app one, to a confused one with big brain thinking, to everyone sharing their favorite things, to pure s#!tposting, back to a normal thread, and finally (hopefully) to a mixed thread of big brain and s#!tposting.

Reactions: 6 users
Well supposedly theyā€™re working on our final evaluations so... ???? Whatever that means
From what I understood interview day, they take a couple weeks to send our final applications to the committee members ( ~2 weeks, so we have a chance to do updates, etc.) and then committee members have two weeks to make final evaluations. When that's done for an applicant, you hear back, which is why they said its a 2-4 week rolling period. I think now we're still waiting on committee members, but truly we don't know and will never get an answer to what is actually happening. I think it looks bad on Toledo for future applicants, so I doubt this is a simple committee members are running behind scenario either.

It's frustrating, but this is pretty typical for a decision timeline for medical school (8-10 weeks). It's just unfortunate that interviews we're so delayed and then nothing was done to rectify that delay with getting decisions out.

Looks like they are looking for absolute alien- like geniuses
Maybe thatā€™s why it taking them for ever

Just got an acceptance!!!!! I interviewed 4/13!! THIS WAS THE WEEK Yā€™ALLšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Just got an acceptance!!!!! I interviewed 4/13!! THIS WAS THE WEEK Yā€™ALLšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Congrats!! Stats? Also, wondering if you submitted reapp already? (Wonder if they would be more likely to give an A if they saw a reapp?)

Congrats!! Stats? Also, wondering if you submitted reapp already? (Wonder if they would be more likely to give an A if they saw a reapp?)
I did not submit a reapp, I was accepted to a DO school that starts orientation next week. I mentioned that in my update letter to Toledo as a sort of deadline that Iā€™d be attending another school and it seems like they took it seriously.
Stats: 510 MCAT, 3.76 SMP GPA

I did not submit a reapp, I was accepted to a DO school that starts orientation next week. I mentioned that in my update letter to Toledo as a sort of deadline that Iā€™d be attending another school and it seems like they took it seriously.
Stats: 510 MCAT, 3.76 SMP GPA
Did you just send an update letter in the portal that you were starting orientation next week? I'm in a similar situation with starting orientation and signing a lease at another school in two weeks, so I'm wondering if that would help.

Did you just send an update letter in the portal that you were starting orientation next week? I'm in a similar situation with starting orientation and signing a lease at another school in two weeks, so I'm wondering if that would help.
I had a significant update to give them so I wrote about that + my interest in the school and then had a sentence at the end letting them know that Iā€™d love to commit their school but would be attending another school after a certain date if I hadnā€™t received a definitive decision from them

Edit: yes I sent it through the portal, 2 weeks after my interview!

Last edited:
Interviewed on March 19th. I'm positive they've forgotten about me. I wish they would just tell me if I'm on some sort of waitlist. I worry that I'll wait another two weeks just to be told that I was on the waitlist this entire time.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed on March 19th. I'm positive they've forgotten about me. I wish they would just tell me if I'm on some sort of waitlist. I worry that I'll wait another two weeks just to be told that I was on the waitlist this entire time.
i was late march and feelin the same. convinced im waitlisted šŸ˜‚

• Care
Why would day interview extra people if they were going to take a long time to send decisions? So confused as well

Unrelated to anything, but every time we reach a new page on this thread I get a sense of pride and also existential dread.

Unrelated to anything, but every time we reach a new page on this thread I get a sense of pride and also existential dread.
i was just gonna say- dang weā€™ve been goin through one SDN page a day šŸ™Œ so proud

i was late march and feelin the same. convinced im waitlisted šŸ˜‚
I feel this deeply, but I hope in your instances that it isn't the case. I also hope there is another school that you guys have in your back pocket.

Either way, you honestly don't know until you know. Perhaps you both are just so awesome that they've forgotten you for now because they know they're giving you As. Don't give up yet my friends.

I feel this deeply, but I hope in your instances that it isn't the case. I also hope there is another school that you guys have in your back pocket.

Either way, you honestly don't know until you know. Perhaps you both are just so awesome that they've forgotten you for now because they know they're giving you As. Don't give up yet my friends.
Aww thank you so much! Your comments actually made me feel a lot better. Luckily I have a DO acceptance already but it's far away and very expensive. I live really close to Toledo and my parents are both faculty there so it's my dream school. At least they still have a bunch more acceptances to hand out.

• Care
Aww thank you so much! Your comments actually made me feel a lot better. Luckily I have a DO acceptance already but it's far away and very expensive. I live really close to Toledo and my parents are both faculty there so it's my dream school. At least they still have a bunch more acceptances to hand out.
They definitely still have a lot of As to give. My fingers are crossed for you to receive one of them.

The waiting sucks, but I'm sure if/when you get that A, it will all have been worth it my friend.

And that's fair. Having an acceptance somewhere is great for sure but I bet the added convenience & lower cost would be a lot better. I think you got it.

Don't give up hope! I interviewed on March 23rd and didn't hear anything from them for 10 weeks. I was convinced they forgot about me too but I just heard this week that I was accepted. Keep checking your email!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
I agree with what was said above. Honestly, don't give up hope yet. You (and everyone waiting to hear back) are in an emotionally tense and susceptible state right now. Your brain will play tricks on you to convince you of a reality not for the objective truth of that reality, but simply for the sake of having a reality, no matter how sh*tty it may be. Though you maybe know it's not true, you can't help but feel like it's true.

If you want to talk about objective, here are some real facts to hold on to rather than what you "feel":
- 93/175 groupme. Class just over halfway full
- Toledo will still HAVE TO give >100 acceptances in the next month. 100% those 100 As will fall to many on this thread.
- Currently, you're as equally likely to be accepted/rejected as the next person. Some people who interviewed later may have heard back because their evaluators got back to to admins faster (as mentioned in the thread earlier) or they asked for a deadline (since or else they have to attend another school)
- Toledo's just late compared to all other schools. So lower your expectations a bit and expect to hear back relatively late. Just because you haven't received news now, it doesn't mean that you're on a waitlist or rejected
- Toledo has a high post-II acceptance rate. If you interviewed, you're most likely going to get in. Like if we're talking straight up facts and figures and not just focusing on the small chance that you're on the waitlist or rejected.
- Even if you're put on waitlist, many in our class got in through the waitlist (me included). And it's no self-selection bias either, if you look up the stats, Toledo takes many from its waitlist per year.

Hopefully that was a bit encouraging. It sucks definitely to be in this limbo, but I genuinely can't for any objective reason find a reason to not be optimistic about your chances if you're already at this stage of the process. Try to do something to distract your mind as worrying won't change the outcome...and this is not new information, you know this. Most of you (and objectively speaking, you will be included in this "most of you") will get acceptances and you'll honestly look back at this time worrying collectively as a good memory to anchor you back to how privileged you'll later be as medical students.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I also just want to say that yā€™all have to go to Toledo because this canā€™t be where the meme-sharing ends so pls Toledo hurry up and accept my friends toošŸ˜­

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I love this thread and I love the friends we made here. I wish we all get into our dream schools and hopefully I get to meet yall in Toledo! I feel like we'd make a pretty fun M1 class!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed 3/26 and just got the email I'm on the waitlist. It was my only MD interview though and my numbers were garbage so I was lucky to be given a shot there. Fortunately I had an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed 3/26 and just got the email I'm on the waitlist. It was my only MD interview though and my numbers were garbage so I was lucky to be given a shot there. Fortunately I had an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone!
+1

• Care