2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
just received an email with the subject "The University of Toledo Medical School:Follow-up: UT MD Decision" which gave me chest pains and I go to click it and it's just them apologizing for not getting decisions out sooner...hoping y'all see this post before the email so you too don't get chest pains
got that email today too. interviewed april 2nd
246 IS II to 223 II A is pretty POG.

I think this was the reference right? It was super high
This is just me speculating but they said they interviewed 450 for a class of 175. They A normally double (~350) which would be 75% post-II A. I assume they’ll probably even take more this year bc COVID.

I did not get that email. I interviewed on March 19th. Maybe they forgot about me?
I also did not get the email but they recently told me that my application is currently in the final evaluation stage. Hopefully it means the same for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Got that same email but earlier this month

I don't want to give anyone false hope but if they're sending you that they're probably still interested in you. To use a dating analogy, why would a girl apologize for not replying to your texts out of the blue. She would just ghost you. Stay strong @Game Machine Joe !

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So I haven’t received a ii yet and that email either. I also emailed them a day or two ago. So silent R?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
So I haven’t received a ii yet and that email either. I also emailed them a day or two ago. So silent R?
They’ve pre-II R’d other applicants. If they haven’t yet it’s because you’re still technically in consideration for an additional interview day they may add if their class is not filled. I definitely wouldn’t count on that though. I know I’m not lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Same no reply from them either. If I don't get accepted there I may not apply there next cycle because if my application wasn't good enough in June I'm sure it won't be in July. That and they're making me angry with this slow process

• Care
Same no reply from them either. If I don't get accepted there I may not apply there next cycle because if my application wasn't good enough in June I'm sure it won't be in July. That and they're making me angry with this slow process
I’m a reapplicant. I would say my biggest change was my essays were better (and obviously using a gap year well) but I got 4 IIs and 3 As this cycle after nothing last cycle. Definitely don’t lose hope!! Especially if your IS and like toledo, I’d recommend reapplying. The whole process imo is a lot of luck.

• Care
I’m a reapplicant. I would say my biggest change was my essays were better (and obviously using a gap year well) but I got 4 IIs and 3 As this cycle after nothing last cycle. Definitely don’t lose hope!! Especially if your IS and like toledo, I’d recommend reapplying. The whole process imo is a lot of luck.
Thanks my essays this cycle were trash and my w/a section was just brief descriptions of what I did. I didn't join sdn until late in the cycle because I knew about the sites reputation of being supposedly toxic. I learned you only catch crap if you do no research into a topic before asking a question or try to troll. I actually got alot of help on here for next cycle and feel more prepared and informed.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
lmao did they really forget to send me a pre-II rejection. silence forever. maybe i’ll mess around and show up to orientation anyways

• Care
lmao did they really forget to send me a pre-II rejection. silence forever. maybe i’ll mess around and show up to orientation anyways
Lol I was put on the WL and informed them that I wanted to remove myself from the list. They’re sending me matriculation items for whatever reason.

• Hmm
got that email today too. interviewed april 2nd

This is just me speculating but they said they interviewed 450 for a class of 175. They A normally double (~350) which would be 75% post-II A. I assume they’ll probably even take more this year bc COVID.

whats weird is their matriculation rate is 30% , can antibody elaborate on that, not sure what it means

EDIT: I really said antibody, I’m going mad

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
whats weird is their matriculation rate is 30% , can antibody elaborate on that, not sure what it means

I'm curious about where you found this statistic?

I’m not sure if thats weird. My other school had a 25% matriculation rate, so that seems like a typical number.

Usually the difference in post-I acceptance rate comes from if the school is more selective before or after interviews.

I’m not sure if thats weird. My other school had a 25% matriculation rate, so that seems like a typical number.

Usually the difference in post-I acceptance rate comes from if the school is more selective before or after interviews.
ohh I see, so would Toledo be a more selective before interviews? or after?

ohh I see, so would Toledo be a more selective before interviews? or after?
My understanding is Toledo is more selective before interviews; leading to a higher % admission from those who are interviewed

Reactions: 4 users
i was just thinking...when future applicants come back to look at this thread they’ll be like 😳

• Haha
  • Sad
Did anyone hear from Toledo today? I thought they'd have some more decisions by now.

• Care
Did anyone hear from Toledo today? I thought they'd have some more decisions by now.

8.5 weeks and still no decision is a bad look when it’s late May.

8.5 weeks and still no decision is a bad look when it’s late May.
Yep terrible terrible look for this school. No reason for it, inconsiderate as hell to applicants who may have burnt hundreds today on reapplying

Last year, I got off the waitlist with a bunch of people in mid-June 🤡

I’m still confused about this. Did you guys email them about an interview and they responsed by saying that the interview cycle is over? So I need to email them instead of waiting for a pre II rejection to come to my mail box?
That's what they emailed me but they haven't sent me a rejection email yet

Last year, I got off the waitlist with a bunch of people in mid-June 🤡
see WL is different though. i can understand that, but not having any admissions decision in late May 🤢 not a situation i’m envious of

I’m still confused about this. Did you guys email them about an interview and they responsed by saying that the interview cycle is over? So I need to email them instead of waiting for a pre II rejection to come to my mail box?
I am in the same boat as you so I decided to make a meme to express my frustration

1622143416095.png

• Care
  • Haha
see WL is different though. i can understand that, but not having any admissions decision in late May 🤢 not a situation i’m envious of
Yeah it's a common pattern unfortunately at UT. The year above me it took them around 3 months to get back to students post-II, and for me it was 16-17 weeks before I got an admissions decision

I emailed them a couple days ago and they just responded that they would give a decision as soon as they could.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
This delay is incredibly disrespectful. People have to be deciding where to move and everything that goes along with that at this point, but to leave so many hanging like this is simply disrespect to their candidates lives...

Reactions: 6 users
This delay is incredibly disrespectful. People have to be deciding where to move and everything that goes along with that at this point, but to leave so many hanging like this is simply disrespect to their candidates lives...

not trying to sound dramatic but it really breaks my heart to be honest...

EDIT: Turned down my 3rd gap year job, all were pretty worthwhile, hoping the sacrifice wasn’t for nothing...4th and final cycle for me so this one really gave my all...

• Care
Reactions: 7 users