2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This delay is incredibly disrespectful. People have to be deciding where to move and everything that goes along with that at this point, but to leave so many hanging like this is simply disrespect to their candidates lives...
Newsflash: Most medical schools (and the AAMC) do not care about applicants’ feelings or life circumstances. They all know they have fresh meat willing to be hazed -- no matter how egregious their actions -- as long as there’s a stable pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
not trying to sound dramatic but it really breaks my heart to be honest...

EDIT: Turned down my 3rd gap year job, all were pretty worthwhile, hoping the sacrifice wasn’t for nothing...4th and final cycle for me so this one really gave my all...
Omg that is so disheartening. You absolutely deserve an A and I hope you get in!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
not trying to sound dramatic but it really breaks my heart to be honest...

EDIT: Turned down my 3rd gap year job, all were pretty worthwhile, hoping the sacrifice wasn’t for nothing...4th and final cycle for me so this one really gave my all...
sending all of my positive thoughts 🙏✨

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Newsflash: Most medical schools (and the AAMC) do not care about applicants’ feelings or life circumstances. They all know they have fresh meat willing to be hazed -- no matter how egregious their actions -- as long as there’s a stable pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Newsflash: Most medical schools are not anywhere near as behind as Toledo, and there is a line that they have crossed here. What you said adds very little to what is actually an exceptional situation, not typical to any medical school I've heard of.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah. It's frustrating (and I'm saying this as someone who spent $$$ reapplying on Thursday and who will have to scramble to find an apartment if accepted) but they're going to fill the class no matter what. They could wait until July and they'd still fill the class. If I got an A at 11:59 pm on July 27, you bet I'd take it, because I'm not giving up that opportunity. I'm pretty sure most other applicants would, too. If it was your only shot, would you really turn it down?

Yes, they are running exceptionally late this year. In 4 weeks (!!!) they're going to be getting next year's applications in. Some part of the system clearly broke down. They're not delaying us for funsies.

Cliche as it is, 2020 was weird, and for whatever reason Toledo's process wasn't equipped to deal with that weirdness. Hopefully, when this is over they'll look back over it and fix whatever went wrong. If they don't, then, yeah, that's a much bigger issue. In the meantime, the current situation sucks for everyone involved, but at this point, it's what we've got.

Hoping for lots of movement this week.🤞

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Nah. It's frustrating (and I'm saying this as someone who spent $$$ reapplying on Thursday and who will have to scramble to find an apartment if accepted) but they're going to fill the class no matter what. They could wait until July and they'd still fill the class. If I got an A at 11:59 pm on July 27, you bet I'd take it, because I'm not giving up that opportunity. I'm pretty sure most other applicants would, too. If it was your only shot, would you really turn it down?

Yes, they are running exceptionally late this year. In 4 weeks (!!!) they're going to be getting next year's applications in. Some part of the system clearly broke down. They're not delaying us for funsies.

Cliche as it is, 2020 was weird, and for whatever reason Toledo's process wasn't equipped to deal with that weirdness. Hopefully, when this is over they'll look back over it and fix whatever went wrong. If they don't, then, yeah, that's a much bigger issue. In the meantime, the current situation sucks for everyone involved, but at this point, it's what we've got.

Well said 🙏🏿

Reactions: 3 users

I would really like to meet you one day, you have a good thought process.

Reactions: 2 users
Just a heads up, don't discount this weekend because of a holiday - I got my acceptance last Memorial Day at like 10:30pm. Rooting for all of you guys, hope to see you guys soon

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Here’s to Week 5? (I’ve lost count) of telling myself “Maybe this week”

• Care
got an A off the waitlist to my dream school, and it is with a heavy heart that I will be leaving you lovely people of the Toledo SDN thread. I am rooting for each and every one of you, and I hope our paths cross again further down the line as practicing physicians <3

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Sounds like someone who's been through hell and back already. When you do get in, whenever/wherever that is, you will be ahead of the game in terms of knowing reality.

Sounds like someone who's been through hell and back already. When you do get in, whenever/wherever that is, you will be ahead of the game in terms of knowing reality.
This is "very touching" stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Figured I would post - I interviewed March 23 and got an acceptance 5 days ago. I withdrew, so hopefully one of you gets it!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
can we all hold hands and take a deep breath together 🤝😭

• Care
Humor is a mature defense mechanism.
Putting on Clown Makeup 31052021191941.jpg

Jk, but actually though... it's going to be THIS week

Pre-II R. Toledo must be grooving today. Good luck y’all this thread has been a blast!

• Care
Just got the pre II R. I reapplied here again for next cycle but I'm not sure if I made the right choice

• Care
  • Sad
Nice to finally get some actual news here in this thread. Does anyone know if they release emails throughout the day or are they done for today? I interviewed March 19th and still waiting.

• Care
Nice to finally get some actual news here in this thread. Does anyone know if they release emails throughout the day or are they done for today? I interviewed March 19th and still waiting.
I interviewed March 23rd and haven't heard anything either. :\

Edit: Actually maybe it was March 26th, but still

• Care
Rejected today at about 10:15 am. I don’t mind at all because I’m going to a preferred school but wanted to let you all know so you can keep track of their timeline.

• Care
Rejected today at about 10:15 am. I don’t mind at all because I’m going to a preferred school but wanted to let you all know so you can keep track of their timeline.
Congrats on your other acceptance! Just wondering if you got the R here pre or post interview?

So I just got an admit to a pipeline program at another school that all but guarantees admission for the next year. I turned it down, before you say anything, I have a back up plan, but I would really like to hear from Toledo before making my final decision. PLSSSSSS

So I just got an admit to a pipeline program at another school that all but guarantees admission for the next year. I turned it down, before you say anything, I have a back up plan, but I would really like to hear from Toledo before making my final decision. PLSSSSSS
damn i am very curious about your backup

• Hmm
I emailed them again about the scholarship deadline and they said that the scholarship and financial aid committee is aware of the delay in getting decisions and have extended the deadlines with no end date at this time. If you are planning to apply for a scholarship you should plan to have the materials ready to go if you get accepted.
Yeah they told me the same thing but the scholarship form still closed on May 31st. I am trying to get in touch to see if it will be extended considering that they are still accepting people.

Has Toledo rejected anyone post-interview?

• Care
Yeah they told me the same thing but the scholarship form still closed on May 31st. I am trying to get in touch to see if it will be extended considering that they are still accepting people.
There’s no deadline for the scholarship application anymore.

The posts from earlier today really had me hoping for one massive wave of decisions, but alas. I can't believe it's already June.

It's N U N E. Where the decisions at boyz...

saw a post on Reddit that said they couldn’t select Toledo on amcas, think it’s due to their delay? and also any truth to this?

• Hmm
  • Wow
saw a post on Reddit that said they couldn’t select Toledo on amcas, think it’s due to their delay? and also any truth to this?

They said before that it was normal for there to be a few days' delay in showing up in CYMS, but if it's been longer than that...

EDIT: Oh wait, I just found that post. That person's not able to apply for the upcoming cycle. That's uh, interesting. I really hope that doesn't mean they're planning on this cycle dragging past the end of June...

Last edited:
ok ive officially lost the ability to expect things 🙃

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
You would think decisions would be coming out faster considering they’ve only filled about half their class and their school year starts next month...but none of this has been logical anyway🙃

• Care
You would think decisions would be coming out faster considering they’ve only filled about half their class and their school year starts next month...but none of this has been logical anyway🙃
Wait when is the Orientation and start date for Toledo?

• Care
White coat orders are due June 11th, so my guess solely based on that is the class will be basically filled by then 😅
IDK, it's still showing the old scholarship deadline date... 🙃
According to last year’s thread, 2nd week of June seemed like a big week of WL movement so....maybe next week is THE week based on this info? 🤡

According to last year’s thread, 2nd week of June seemed like a big week of WL movement so....maybe next week is THE week based on this info? 🤡
Well it's funny because we're not even on the waitlist though.

• Care