2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a word or character limit on this OOS form?
I emailed the admission office and they said no word or character limit but be concise. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Did Mizzou provide any confirmation for receipt of the secondary application? If so, how long did that take?

Did Mizzou provide any confirmation for receipt of the secondary application? If so, how long did that take?
The only "confirmation" I got initially was an e-mail saying they received my payment. I logged back onto the secondary portal and it says this at the top of my screen:

1596823476202.png

I e-mailed MIZZOU asking if they needed anything else from me because I am currently living OOS but Misouri is my legal residence. They said they didn't need anything else from me and that my secondary was complete. Otherwise, I don't think I would have heard anything about my file being complete other than that submission status on the secondary page.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished my first week of medical school here! Ama before I dive into studying nonstop :dead:

Has anyone else not gotten a secondary? Submitted here a week ago, IS

Has anyone else not gotten a secondary? Submitted here a week ago, IS
I still haven't received one either. Verified 7/8 as a Missouri in-state. Letters were transmitted over a week ago. Idk what gives.

Anyone who submitted OOS form heard back from admission yet for secondaries?

Just finished my first week of medical school here! Ama before I dive into studying nonstop :dead:
What made you decide on this school? Did anything surprise you about the interview? What's something about Mizzou you wouldn't have expected? Best of luck with M1!

Anyone else constantly checking their email for an II even though it'll be a phone call that won't come for at least another week and a half?

Anyone else constantly checking their email for an II even though it'll be a phone call that won't come for at least another week and a half?
bruh i still haven't even received a secondary

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Haha yes! I was checking like crazy, then 2 MD II's rolled in last week. Now I am focused on prepping for those. MIZZOU's will hopefully roll in sometime soon (really hoping so since it is my state school). You are applying early though, right?, so yours should be coming in soon!!! Good luck!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
bruh i still haven't even received a secondary
I was OOS last year; I finally qualified for IS this year after re-licensing my car and a whole load of other steps; I can tell you from experience Mizzou can run behind in getting secondaries out but you WILL get one as long as you meet the minimum qualifications. Best of luck!

Haha yes! I was checking like crazy, then 2 MD II's rolled in last week. Now I am focused on prepping for those. MIZZOU's will hopefully roll in sometime soon (really hoping so since it is my state school). You are applying early though, right?, so yours should be coming in soon!!! Good luck!
Wow, two II's already?! Good for you!! And yes, I am IS ED so I'm hoping I'll get one soon.. for now I'll just obsessively check my email and keep my phone on high volume. Best of luck on your interviews!

They will email you a confirmation of secondary completion separate from the email containing the receipt for your payment. I am IS and it took about a week. I'm not sure if the timeline is different if you are OOS.

Any OOS still waiting for 2° app?

Reactions: 2 users
Got my 2⁰ moments ago!
OOS, filled out that form about 3 weeks ago. Y'all should be hearing back soon, stay strong!
The $110 fee is no joke tho. Lol

Any OOS who submitted their form around 8/1~8/10 heard back yet for 2° app invite?

So we can assume if we don't hear back from them within 2 wks, we r rejects? Lol
Not an OOS applicant at MIZZOU, but I wouldn't assume anything this application cycle. Every school seems to have adjusted their timeline and practices a little differently this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Not an OOS applicant at MIZZOU, but I wouldn't assume anything this application cycle. Every school seems to have adjusted their timeline and practices a little differently this year.
Very true, i was shocked many times last cycle and I’m sure this year will be no different. Stay faithful friends, good things are coming our way!

So we can assume if we don't hear back from them within 2 wks, we r rejects? Lol
They don't ghost applicants, they send everyone either a secondary or a rejection. Just be patient as best as a pre-med can!

Submitted secondary 7/29 waiting on updates still. IS and this is my best bet imo. FINGERS Crossed!!

For anyone that hasn't hopped onto MSAR lately, MIZZOU has published a date they will start sending out II's to those of us that did not apply Early Decision. 9/21/2020. So, a little less than a month of waiting! Good luck all!

1598465120254.png

Reactions: 3 users
Does it give a date for those who ARE early decision?
All it says is that you folks will be notified by 01 OCT 2020, so I'd imagine you will be interviewed a week or two before that... I really don't know. Seems like you should be getting your invite soon if you have to schedule it, complete it virtually, and then the ADCOM needs to make a decision by the first of October.
1598477716172.png

All it says is that you folks will be notified by 01 OCT 2020, so I'd imagine you will be interviewed a week or two before that... I really don't know. Seems like you should be getting your invite soon if you have to schedule it, complete it virtually, and then the ADCOM needs to make a decision by the first of October.
View attachment 316992
I hope so.. I have heard they're notorious for giving ED applicants next-to-no heads up before interviews. Sigh.

Anyone OOS still waiting on 2° invite?

Reactions: 2 users
Any OOS has repeated in the OOS form some stuff they planned to write in the actual secondary questions? Asking bc many of the OOS form questions are about URM, low SES, non-trad and rural topics, and my challenge/diversity essays are all filled with these ideas.

Any OOS has repeated in the OOS form some stuff they planned to write in the actual secondary questions? Asking bc many of the OOS form questions are about URM, low SES, non-trad and rural topics, and my challenge/diversity essays are all filled with these ideas.
You can address some of the same things, but change your focus. Your secondary should be geared towards selling yourself as a good candidate in general, while your OOS form should be focused on how and why you have personal ties to Mizzou and their rural medicine-focused approach. Hope this helps a little!

Received pre-secondary rejection just now. At least they saved me the $110...

• Sad
I'm confused are u assuming u got rejected? Or did Mizzou really send an reject email?
Yep, they send rejection emails. I had quite a few solid reasons to attend but it wasn’t enough per their justification.

Oh that quick? Whoaa.... thought they don't send it until like Jan-March. Sort of send reject email in bulk
That's when you can be rejected if you are approved for a secondary and complete an application file. If you they decide you don't qualify to apply OOS, they reject you from even receiving a secondary.

Attention Early Decision people: I sent an email to admissions asking when they will start sending out interview invitations because I need to know in advance if I need to take a day off work. This is what they sent back this morning:

"Since the due date was just yesterday, our chairs just received all the early decision applications this morning. They are the ones who will review applications to determine who will get an interview, and we did get more than usual this year so it will probably be a week or a week and a half before they are able to get through them all. Right now early decision interviews are planned for that last week in September, so we should be reaching out to all in the next two weeks to let them know either way."

Good luck, everyone!

Anyone OOS still waiting on 2° invite?

OOS, but literally live a block from the Kansas/Missouri state line. Submitted OOS form 8/24, they acknowledged receipt 8/28. No secondary yet.

Edit: Just received secondary today, 9/10. Now to figure out what to put for this "additional information" essay...

Last edited:
So do you guys think it would be ok to use the additional info essay to point out the fact that despite my cGPA of 3.69 per AMCAS calculations, my University of Missouri System GPA (went to UMKC 2018-2020 for prerequisites and major requirements) was 3.94? The way the gpa is broken down on my primary doesn't really make that clear, it just lumps it all together. I took 2 years of undergrad from 2007-2009 and then went back to finish in 2018. My culinary school credits (2009-2011) encroached into my junior year so it brought those grades down too. Since starting in 2018 I got 4.0's every semester aside for one, and I feel the last couple years have been most indicative of my aptitude for hard sciences and medical study.

Or should I leave that out and assume the committee is savvy enough to pick all that out from the 30 lines or whatever of gpa data lol

Also was gonna mention having begun a new volunteer event after submitting primary.

Thanks for any advice/insight!

Last edited:
For the additional information essay, do we have to write a paragraph because the only thing I addressed is I have a grade now for one of the courses i just completed.