2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
saw someone on reddit say they were waitlisted today from drexel. So I guess they are sending holds and waitlists rn? or would those be the same

saw someone on reddit say they were waitlisted today from drexel. So I guess they are sending holds and waitlists rn? or would those be the same
Pretty sure it’s probably a hold. I don’t think Drexel has sent any IIs yet so wouldn’t be able to get a waitlist position I don’t think

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted just now 8/20!

OOS, 516, cGPA 3.97, sGPA 3.96, LizzyM 74.7, ORM. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Moment of sheer neuroticism:
The first II of 2019-2020 cycle was 8/12/2020. With the current struggle that is COVID-19 that delayed their application by 2 weeks (they had previously sent secondaries on 7/2), we could POTENTIALLY expect IIs on 8/26 (next week).

On another note, I'm high key debating sending an message through the MD program chat on their website x.x

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Moment of sheer neuroticism:
The first II of 2019-2020 cycle was 8/12/2020. With the current struggle that is COVID-19 that delayed their application by 2 weeks (they had previously sent secondaries on 7/2), we could POTENTIALLY expect IIs on 8/26 (next week).

On another note, I'm high key debating sending an message through the MD program chat on their website x.x
Well my comment did not age well. But congrats to all with IIs :)

• Haha
I'm in danger I was complete 7/17 was not put on hold and did not get II yet

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in danger I was complete 7/17 was not put on hold and did not get II yet
They’re likely inviting high stat people and URM people first

That seems to be the standard procedure not a chronological review in terms of IIs

Reactions: 2 users
hi everyone, what did you guys talk about in the second prompt?
would this be a good place to talk about an upward trend in grades?

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here. (500 word limit)
I wrote about why Drexel should love me(ie why Drexel/how I would contribute to their mission). I think it's for whatever you'd like to talk about whether it's contextualizing your application with an upward trend discussion/new experiences/how COVID impacted you, why Drexel, etc.

On another note, this describes all emotions for everyone not with a hold or II atm.

I’m confused, is it better to be on hold or not have anything?

Reactions: 1 user
hi everyone, what did you guys talk about in the second prompt?
would this be a good place to talk about an upward trend in grades?

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here. (500 word limit)
I used it to discuss upward trend!

Any current students here in the MD/MPH program/any other applicants?

Reactions: 2 users
hold is not the best sign at this school (just like ucsd) so if ur still waiting for a decision then u got a shot. i hear a hold at GW is a more like an actual hold

has anyone who submitted before 7/16 not heard anything?

Reactions: 7 users
hold is not the best sign at this school (just like ucsd) so if ur still waiting for a decision then u got a shot. i hear a hold at GW is a more like an actual hold

appreciate the info. 1+ on gwu being an actual hold bc last time i applied i was on hold prior to interview

Is it recommended or would it help to upload a resume on their portal? Or would adcoms see it as redundant?

Is it recommended or would it help to upload a resume on their portal? Or would adcoms see it as redundant?
I have not heard of a school wanting a resume because the primary app itself is such an exhaustive list of all you have been doing since starting college.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete on 8/12
No word over here. I got their mission and am disadvantaged. Super low stats, average MCAT. Reinventor applicant. Fingers crossed.