2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y’all think there will be a lot of WL movement this year? Feels like not a lot of people dropped:/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there’s been a lot the discord has a lot of people coming and leaving all the time
I see all the people coming but I don’t know if that’s waitlisted people joining or people who have actually been accepted since the link gets posted here and everyone can join

Reactions: 2 users
I saw in the “Help Me Decide: X vs Y Medical School” thread that someone got off the waitlist on Tuesday. Other than that, haven’t seen any movement (reported on here) this week :/
someone go persuade them to choose the other school please 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Got off the waitlist a couple days ago but I'll be withdrawing my A. Hoping it becomes someone's first A :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get waitlisted in May? I haven’t heard back anything so I think I’m just on hold. Would love to know if I have even a slight chance

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get waitlisted in May? I haven’t heard back anything so I think I’m just on hold. Would love to know if I have even a slight chance
Same here, i think we're both on hold and according to the office of admissions, all we can do is wait until the first day of class for some news........... 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t want to be impatient but does calling the admissions office and inquiring about waitlist movement do any good? I’m tempted but not even sure if answers would be given

Reactions: 1 user
When I was first WL in Jan I emailed them 2x’s with a LOI and update and got a pretty straightforward email essentially saying we don’t giva ****… then after the in person day I emailed again saying I know it doesn’t affect my application but I want to express my gratitude and I didn’t even get a response then so my subjective feeling is calling/emailing does absolutely nothing 💀

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for the spot! Finally got in my first A!!!!!! Literally, right now!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just received my financial aid package. Does CUSM ever give any grants or scholarships?

Wondering the same thing. I haven't received my finaid package yet, however

They offer merit and financial need based scholarships. These can range from 10k a year upwards. I'm not sure how high they go now though as my information is a little out of date. I know they also offer large, if not full rides, via a certain program where you agree to serve in the Inland Empire for a certain period of time after residency. I'm not sure how many slots they have for that or how competitive it is though.

Reactions: 1 users