2019-2020 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been on the WL since October 15. Today WF sent me an email reminding me to sign up for their FAFSA in case of the "big day" I get accepted.

Ahhhh! I sure hope it happens! I loved Wake Forest! :love: I'm going to send a letter of intent in a few weeks. Trying to build up some hours in new activities I'm doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!!! Interviewed 1/31!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Recently waitlisted here. At the interview, I remember the admissions officer mentioning we need to send a letter of interest in order to keep our waitlist position. Does anyone know when this letter needs to be sent?

They said they recommend sending it ASAP only bc students tend to forget about it but that as long as it’s in by March it should be fine

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you all attending Second Look weekend, are you bringing a guest? It said guest included on the invite but I wasn't sure how typical it was for admitted students to bring guests (besides for spouses).

For those of you all attending Second Look weekend, are you bringing a guest? It said guest included on the invite but I wasn't sure how typical it was for admitted students to bring guests (besides for spouses).
I’m bringing my best friend! She’s been super supportive of me this entire cycle and is currently in optometry school so she can somewhat relate.

Waitlist movement has begun!! Just accepted off the waitlist, waitlisted back on Oct 15.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED. IM GOING TO WAKE!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 22 users
OMGGGGGG just got off the WL!!!!!!!! WHAT????? MY FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE HOLY!!!!!!!!!! this was completely unexpected but im not complaining! thank you wake for coming thru! BLESS UP

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
JUST GOT OFF WAITLIST TOO Y’ALL

waitlisted late November, sent letter of interest (not intent!) late December. It’s my first acceptance and wow I am freaking out!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
So was I the only one they told during interviews that there would be absolutely no acceptances off the waitlist until April 30? The lady that debriefed us said it like 3 times

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Just got off the waitlist. I’m crying this was my top choice. Waitlisted October 15 and submitted LoI two hours later

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So was I the only one they told during interviews that there would be absolutely no acceptances off the waitlist until April 30? The lady that debriefed us said it like 3 times
I assumed it was a rejection as they also told my interview day we should not expect to expect to hear until later!

anyone know if they will be sending out financial aid information prior to April 30?

For those of you who have written LOIs and especially those who have been accepted off the waitlist, did you address your letter to the admissions committee, Dr. Rosenbaum, or someone else?

For those of you who have written LOIs and especially those who have been accepted off the waitlist, did you address your letter to the admissions committee, Dr. Rosenbaum, or someone else?

i addressed it to the admissions committee!

Reactions: 1 users
I was kinda shocked to hear from the students that there isn't a local grocery store.. Anyone hear the same?

I was kinda shocked to hear from the students that there isn't a local grocery store.. Anyone hear the same?

The student I stayed with told me there were multiple grocery stores.

This is alarmingly false, there are more than 5 grocery stores within spitting distance of the hospital.

• Haha
I live downtown across from the med school and it’s true that there aren’t any grocery stores very close to here. There are plenty of them less than 10 minutes from here.

hmmm wait-listed in early November and still haven't sent in a LOI. I wonder if its worth it still seeing as waitlist movement has began, anyone have any insight of a deadline they gave for LOI?

I'm kind of freaking out since I haven't sent in a letter of intent yet! I thought there would be no movement until May, so I was going to keep racking up volunteer hours. I'm going to try to submit a letter of intent this week.

hmmm wait-listed in early November and still haven't sent in a LOI. I wonder if its worth it still seeing as waitlist movement has began, anyone have any insight of a deadline they gave for LOI?

They told us 2 weeks at our interview, but you never know!

• Haha
Gosh, I don't think they gave us a deadline on letter of intent at my interview... I read in other places it's better to wait so you can have significant updates to share? Now I'm feeling awful and worrying I ruined my shot at this school :(

(Sorry for double posting)

I'm feeling panicked about the 2-4 weeks thing... do you guys think i should call admissions about this tomorrow?

(Sorry for double posting)

I'm feeling panicked about the 2-4 weeks thing... do you guys think i should call admissions about this tomorrow?
You had to upload a Letter of Interest within 2 weeks ish (I interviewed near holiday so I def took longer) but this isn’t the same as a letter of intent! The letter of interest was to keep your place on the waitlist. If you never uploaded it to the portal where it says to upload it then they won’t consider you for a spot!

Reactions: 1 users
You had to upload a Letter of Interest within 2 weeks ish (I interviewed near holiday so I def took longer) but this isn’t the same as a letter of intent! The letter of interest was to keep your place on the waitlist. If you never uploaded it to the portal where it says to upload it then they won’t consider you for a spot!
Oh my gosh, I dont remember them telling me this at my interview at all. Either they didnt say it or it went in one ear and out the other. I feel so sad - is it worth calling them? They didnt mention this in the waitlist email :(

In my interview in December they said they recommend you submit the letter in 2 weeks so people wouldn’t forget about it, but there was no actual deadline. They also said they wouldn’t even review waitlist until May, but that seems to not have been completely true.

They never told us during my interview day about a deadline to upload a letter so this 2-3 week "deadline" is probably not true. Also, if there was a deadline they'd make that very clear in the email. They just said that in order to have your file reviewed by the committee after being waitlisted, you should upload a letter. If you don't upload a letter, they won't review your file until you do.

They never told us during my interview day about a deadline to upload a letter so this 2-3 week "deadline" is probably not true. Also, if there was a deadline they'd make that very clear in the email. They just said that in order to have your file reviewed by the committee after being waitlisted, you should upload a letter. If you don't upload a letter, they won't review your file until you do.
Exactly I think the 2 weeks was more for people not to forget and not actually a thing but def upload one if you want to be on the waitlist as the email does explicitly say to do so.

Oh my gosh, I dont remember them telling me this at my interview at all. Either they didnt say it or it went in one ear and out the other. I feel so sad - is it worth calling them? They didnt mention this in the waitlist email :(
It says it on the email but I don’t think the two week thing is a legit deadline! I would just upload it now, so they know you’re interested!

Gosh, I don't think they gave us a deadline on letter of intent at my interview... I read in other places it's better to wait so you can have significant updates to share? Now I'm feeling awful and worrying I ruined my shot at this school :(

i know it's really easy to be down on yourself in hindsight, but no one could have predicted them to start the WL movement so early, especially when they told everyone it would be after April 30th! keep in mind that they just started the WL movement. Theyre going to continue pulling people off the WL until matriculation. For me, I was on the fence too about whether or not to write a letter of interest right away. In the end, i ended up doing so, even without having anything to update them on. please don't be so hard on yourself, as your reason to withhold uploading the letter is a legitimate one. if anything, your letter would be more robust because of your continued interest + updates. maybe to give yourself peace of mind, try calling them early tomorrow to see if there is a hard deadline and explain your misunderstanding. but i highly doubt you're no longer in the running!

• Love
Thanks everyone for being really kind to me, seems like it may have been a misunderstanding after all if other say they were only "recommended." I was waitlisted October 15 and I've re-read my email several times - no mention of a deadline. Maybe they started telling people that later in the cycle. Going to submit my letter of intent tonight or tomorrow, fingers crossed!

I addressed it to Dr. Rosenbaum & Dr. Akinola, but I totally could have simply addressed it to the Admissions Committee. I don't really think that its matters either way.

For those curious about the early waitlist movement, apparently it's due to some changes in the AMCAS system. I googled it and found this on reddit from last year:

Interesting... maybe this is why we started hearing just now! I hope this means there is going to be plenty of waitlist movement!

I live downtown across from the med school and it’s true that there aren’t any grocery stores very close to here. There are plenty of them less than 10 minutes from here.

I'm living next to the school as well and there's a Food Lion 4 mins (10 blocks / 0.9 miles) away from here.
Just Google Maps 475 Vine St. 27101 and search "Grocery Store"