2019-2020 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone send general thank you note to admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 12/9 and wait-listed on 12/11. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I want to make sure I understand what they said correctly- even if we get accepted, it’ll be through an email that tells us to go to the portal, not a call? Will be flying all day tomorrow and anxiously awaiting to hear, so email is actually an ideal scenario!

I want to make sure I understand what they said correctly- even if we get accepted, it’ll be through an email that tells us to go to the portal, not a call? Will be flying all day tomorrow and anxiously awaiting to hear, so email is actually an ideal scenario!
Yep! It'll be an email saying a final decision has been posted and to go check the portal.

Reactions: 1 users
Invited in October, Interviewed 12/11 just got waitlisted, feeling pretty defeated knowing this has been my only invite thus far and it's going to be four months before hearing anything else from them. The school seemed amazing and everyone is really nice, Good luck to everyone!

• Sad
Invited in October, Interviewed 12/11 just got waitlisted, feeling pretty defeated knowing this has been my only invite thus far and it's going to be four months before hearing anything else from them. The school seemed amazing and everyone is really nice, Good luck to everyone!
Same, the marathon continues!

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 8/30. So excited about this, was really hoping I'd get a chance to interview in NC:biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II today! Complete 8/30. So excited about this, was really hoping I'd get a chance to interview in NC:biglove:
We have the same stats, Im hoping they will send me one next!! My wife really wants to live here.

Interviewing here on January 6th! So excited!

Reactions: 2 users
any current med students on here who got accepted off WL after uploading a letter of interest soon after they interviewed? i feel like i might not have any significant updates before they start to revisit my application again come may...

any current med students on here who got accepted off WL after uploading a letter of interest soon after they interviewed? i feel like i might not have any significant updates before they start to revisit my application again come may...

If I remember correctly, everyone had to upload a letter of interest within like two weeks after receiving their decision in order to remain on the waitlist. Nothing was said about uploading one after interviewing, and I’m not sure that was recommended unless you had something significant to say.

That being said, I will only speak for myself and say that I uploaded a letter of interest one week after receiving my decision and then again about 1.5 months later when I had more substantive things to write about. And I ended up getting in. Hope that helps!

If I remember correctly, everyone had to upload a letter of interest within like two weeks after receiving their decision in order to remain on the waitlist. Nothing was said about uploading one after interviewing, and I’m not sure that was recommended unless you had something significant to say.

That being said, I will only speak for myself and say that I uploaded a letter of interest one week after receiving my decision and then again about 1.5 months later when I had more substantive things to write about. And I ended up getting in. Hope that helps!

Sorry, I meant to say uploading a letter of interest immediately after a WL decision! But thank you so much! I will keep that in mind moving forward.

Wait, we had to upload one within two weeks? I thought we just had to upload it before they got to us. Basically, as long as we got it in before April it would be fine.

Wait, we had to upload one within two weeks? I thought we just had to upload it before they got to us. Basically, as long as we got it in before April it would be fine.
I went through this process last cycle and am a current student. Things may have changed this cycle.

Just got an II!
Complete around 8/13-8/14
LM 68
OOS no ties

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.

Anyone know if Wake still has II to send out? Still hoping out here.
If its anything like past years, they'll keep interviewing through March. I got my II in Jan and interviewed in Feb.

I was recently invited to interview here and am so excited! I will be flying in and out of the Greensboro airport. If the interview day concludes at 1:15 pm, would I be able to catch a 3:00 pm flight out of Greensboro... or is that a bit ambitious?

I was recently invited to interview here and am so excited! I will be flying in and out of the Greensboro airport. If the interview day concludes at 1:15 pm, would I be able to catch a 3:00 pm flight out of Greensboro... or is that a bit ambitious?
You should be fine! It takes 30-40min to get to the airport from winston and the security line is never long. I’ve never waited for more than like 5 minutes.

II here this week for my boo who refuses to participate in the madness that is SDN. On his behalf: OOS, complete in mid-July, probably ~70 Lizzy M, real cute.

Reactions: 11 users
II here this week for my boo who refuses to participate in the madness that is SDN. On his behalf: OOS, complete in mid-July, probably ~70 Lizzy M, real cute.
Sounds like a gem. Is he single?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
II this morning for 2/5. What is the chance of getting an A since the are near the end? Don’t want to spend more money to be waitlist or reject.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning for 2/5. What is the chance of getting an A since the are near the end? Don’t want to spend more money to be waitlist or reject.
Wake loves a waitlist. They don’t really flat out reject post II. So if that’s not what you’re willing to accept maybe don’t do it. On the other hand they offered 107 spots off waitlist according to MSAR off a list probably of 250-285 people

Has anyone had any luck with getting feedback on their application here?

Got hit with that pre-II R this morning. Complete Mid August