2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t think possible since they don’t share admissions departments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Argh, I figured. Would make my life tremendously easier since I live in the Bronx.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I just got the Acceptance! Does anyone know if there is a page where I can find the 2024 class?

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! WL'd me roughly a month after my interview (1/13)

My best advice would be to keep in touch with Francis Rose or Dean Jerry Cammarata and stay in touch with their students! Best of luck!

Congrats!

Would you recommend just asking to see if there is WL movement or continue to state why you are in interested?

Hi! Many of you have been private messaging me on how I got off the waitlist. Anyone else who has any questions on my WL experience, PM me!

thought this week was going to be more active on the WL movement. seems like nothing is happening yet :( anyone know if it's coming soon or are things slowing down already?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
thought this week was going to be more active on the WL movement. seems like nothing is happening yet :( anyone know if it's coming soon or are things slowing down already?
We just had graduation, so I think the admin is very busy handling that and the 3rd years. But now theyre done, so things should start moving along!

Reactions: 4 users
We just had graduation, so I think the admin is very busy handling that and the 3rd years. But now theyre done, so things should start moving along!

thank you for some reassurance. makes sense that they're very busy this week, hopefully the WL'ers will receive good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey does anyone know if a high proportion of students usually get taken off the WL at touro? Not sure how high to have my hopes right now. Thanks

Reactions: 4 users
Hey does anyone know if a high proportion of students usually get taken off the WL at touro? Not sure how high to have my hopes right now. Thanks
I believe so, but I think WL movement is just about done. At this point I think people will only be pulled off the WL if people drop or choose to attend somewhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

It seems they have not experienced a lot of waitlist movement.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Have people still been sending emails expressing interest? I'm not really sure what else to say at this point other than continuing to say I'm interested in attending

It is hard to judge WL movement from SDN only, as not every person on the WL is on SDN/active on it. There may have been more WL movement that there is no way of knowing from SDN alone.
It seems they have not experienced a lot of waitlist movement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

withdrew my acceptance! hope it goes to one of you, good luck :))

Reactions: 7 users
If similar to this years Harlem class, I believe that this week is the last week of waitlist acceptances. Good luck to you all. This is my fifth year of applying to medical school and being finally accepted. For those that do not make it this year, keep your head up and know that you will all make incredible physicians in years to come. If you were destined to be a doctor, don't give up and don't settle for anything else!

If similar to this years Harlem class, I believe that this week is the last week of waitlist acceptances. Good luck to you all. This is my fifth year of applying to medical school and being finally accepted. For those that do not make it this year, keep your head up and know that you will all make incredible physicians in years to come. If you were destined to be a doctor, don't give up and don't settle for anything else!

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, this week is going to be the last week for people to get accepted off the waitlist?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, this week is going to be the last week for people to get accepted off the waitlist?
My mistake. I was PMd that the acceptances can potentially come as late as end of July, even after our white coat. The class might almost have reached its limit, but if students were to drop then there would be availability.

My mistake. I was PMd that the acceptances can potentially come as late as end of July, even after our white coat. The class might almost have reached its limit, but if students were to drop then there would be availability.

Okay, that's what I thought. I lost a little hope after what you've said, but there's still a chance! Congrats on the A this year, you definitely deserved it for being patient and persistent. :happy:

I agree! Do NOT settle for anything else. There were many times where I thought switching to the PA route, podiatry, and even dentistry but I knew that I was destined to be a physician! I retook my MCAT 4 times and finally overcame that hump. Keep your heads up! For everyone that PMed me, I am glad to hear that many of you have gotten in! For everyone who is still waiting, don't worry and most importantly don't give up!!!!!

Is there any movement in Middletown today?

Is there any movement in Middletown today?

Hi, I emailed Mr. Frank Rose yesterday and he said that waitlist movement is really slow this year compared to previous years. Hopefully we will hear something good soon :)

Hi, I emailed Mr. Frank Rose yesterday and he said that waitlist movement is really slow this year compared to previous years. Hopefully we will hear something good soon :)
does he still expect movement?

sounds like this is the case for most schools this year

sounds like this is the case for most schools this year

I am also wondering why...if the student who has multiple acceptances has dropped his/her offers after 5/15, there supposed be some movement. But why, why there is few movements...?

Hey guys , any movement today in Middletown?

Hello! Mr. Rose said Fall 2020 will be online. Yes, waitlist movement is slow this year- but keep in mind COVID has changed a lot around. However, be optimistic, there is still hope! Praying we all hear good news soon!

Hello! Mr. Rose said Fall 2020 will be online. Yes, waitlist movement is slow this year- but keep in mind COVID has changed a lot around. However, be optimistic, there is still hope! Praying we all hear good news soon!

Hi ,thank you for your kind words .. I’m also hopefully and optimistic but its taking so long...if you don’t mind me asking , when did Mr. Rose said that Fall 2020 will be online? Because Cuomo just announced that medical school in NY are allowed to open in fall..
Adjustments.JPG

June 1st

Hi ,thank you for your kind words .. I’m also hopefully and optimistic but its taking so long...if you don’t mind me asking , when did Mr. Rose said that Fall 2020 will be online? Because Cuomo just announced that medical school in NY are allowed to open in fall..

Since when did he say this?

He said this on June 1st, and your previous article was from June 4th. Things may have changed, so I will try to reach out again and confirm with him. I agree, he can be difficult to get a hold of. In terms of the waitlist being ranked or unranked, I'm not sure. He said you have a chance of moving up or down the waitlist depending on if you have updates, your level of interest in the school, whether you have improved grades etc.

Did Mr. Rose say if the waitlist was ranked or unranked? Thank you. It ‘s not easy getting a hold of him

He said this on June 1st, and your previous article was from June 4th. Things may have changed, so I will try to reach out again and confirm with him. I agree, he can be difficult to get a hold of. In terms of the waitlist being ranked or unranked, I'm not sure. He said you have a chance of moving up or down the waitlist depending on if you have updates, your level of interest in the school, whether you have improved grades etc.

Thank you !
I hope I hear good news soon!

no, it isn't possible. Same school but independent campuses with different faculty, rotations, curriculum.

Unless things have changed, the two schools actually share faculty and curriculum. Tests are identical and because it is flipped classroom, some of the professors are in Harlem and some are in Middletown.

If someone is interested in switching campuses it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I seem to recall in past years this has happened.

Unless things have changed, the two schools actually share faculty and curriculum. Tests are identical and because it is flipped classroom, some of the professors are in Harlem and some are in Middletown.

If someone is interested in switching campuses it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I seem to recall in past years this has happened.
They specifically told us during interview day that it isn’t possible. ADCOMs for the campuses are separate. It is possible to do clinical stuff through Harlem, but I was told that a Harlem student needs to switch to Middletown clinical for that to happen

Hey everyone! I have been accepted elsewhere off the WL, so it saddens me to say I will be withdrawing my seat and acceptance from TouroCOM. Good luck to everyone!!!

Also, talking to Mr. Rose, and it seems as it will be online during the first semester.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I just withdrew my acceptance from TouroCOM Middletown this morning. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Mr. Rose said the class is full at this point. Any movement will come as people forfeit their seats to attend elsewhere

Thank you my friend
It looks like they have 147 Members in the DO Facebook group

Students attending the middletown campus, do you know if a guarantor would be required to rent an apartment in Middletown (similar to NYC)?