2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you feel about your interview?
Not good. I felt like they wanted me to tell them my plans to solve world hunger or something. They kept asking me about how I would solve health issues in the community and when I started talking about how I'd like to connect with Planned Parenthood, one of the interviewers didn't even know what that was. The other interviewer and I had to explain to that interviewer what Planned Parenthood is. Why do they want us to figure out how to solve issues in the community when their own staff isn't even informed on something so basic?

Not good. I felt like they wanted me to tell them my plans to solve world hunger or something. They kept asking me about how I would solve health issues in the community and when I started talking about how I'd like to connect with Planned Parenthood, one of the interviewers didn't even know what that was. The other interviewer and I had to explain to that interviewer what Planned Parenthood is. Why do they want us to figure out how to solve issues in the community when their own staff isn't even informed on something so basic?
Maybe they were pretending not to know so they could see how you react to a patient needing education/information?

Maybe they were pretending not to know so they could see how you react to a patient needing education/information?
No because I tried explaining it and the interviewer still didn’t know what I was talking about. The other interviewer jumped in to help explain eventually.

wow that sounds so strange. I had a totally different interview experience. I guess like others said it really depends on who you interview with. Sorry you had that experience :(

II today, earliest date is 2/28. I was complete less than two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!! Interview 11/22. SO EXCITED.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m debating whether to continue with my interview next week or decline it. I will decide by tomorrow.

I’m debating whether to continue with my interview next week or decline it. I will decide by tomorrow.
Not sure what your application cycle looks like, but honestly the interview day really sprung them up into a top spot for me as far as which school I wanted to go to. I was super impressed with the faculty/students and with the elements of their program that I didn't find through research. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what your application cycle looks like, but honestly the interview day really sprung them up into a top spot for me as far as which school I wanted to go to. I was super impressed with the faculty/students and with the elements of their program that I didn't find through research. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck! :)
I mean I already have an acceptance somewhere else, and it’s at a really good program. However, I’m having trouble formulating the words to decline my offer without sounding disrespectful and unprofessional since I”my interview is less than a week from today. Touro is a really good program, and I’ve always wanted to move back to New York. However, $100k/year, which includes the cost of living, is ridiculous.

Last edited:
withdrew my acceptance this week! hoping it goes to one of you all good luck :))

Does anyone know how long the interview is? And when do you find out when your 2 on 1 interview is? The exact time.

Sorry, I meant the full day. Did it finish at 3?
It finished closer to 4:00 given that the student Q&A began at 3:00. As for the exact time of your personal interview, that is included in the email you receive from your interviewers in the week leading up to your interview day.

This is the current one

Just a heads up, that's not the one created by the SGA. It says in the description it's not affiliated. The SGA website will list it once they make it.

Any advice on how to prep for the interview and what to expect going in??

Reactions: 1 users
Here is the official Facebook page from the student government. You have to submit your acceptance letter and answer a few questions then they'll let you in.

interviewing monday! LM 65, low gpa <3.4, high mcat (515+). Fingers crossed!

Grateful to have just been accepted here, but will likely be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you deserving individuals!

Anybody else think it might be a little unreasonable for west coast folks to start the interview day at 5 AM PST? Regardless I am grateful for the interview though.

Interviewed 01/10. Received waitlist notice today.

Interviewing 3/7, anyone know if the class is full and if its just waitlists from here on out? Or are acceptances possible?

Reactions: 2 users
Grateful to have just been accepted here, but will likely be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you deserving individuals!
As I alluded to earlier, I have elected to withdraw my acceptance. Best wishes to all who are waiting.

Anybody else think it might be a little unreasonable for west coast folks to start the interview day at 5 AM PST? Regardless I am grateful for the interview though.
Yeah it was brutal, especially since it's 8 hours long :/ Nap during your breaks!

When do they send you the electronic applicant review sign off that was written in one of the interview emails?

When do they send you the electronic applicant review sign off that was written in one of the interview emails?
I couldn't find the form in the email they sent, so I was going to ask during the interview day about it.

Still waiting to hear back from 2/7 interview. Anyone hear back from mid-late Jan interviews?